Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Village/home Town And Country Home - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Village/home Town And Country Home (2601 Views)

Are From Oduma Town, And You Reside In Abuja / Cultre--- Age Grade And Masqurade In Your Home Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Village/home Town And Country Home by sayso: 3:49pm On Sep 29, 2009
Please people what is the difference between this VILLAGE/HOME TOWN/COUNTRY HOME.state your reasons.
Re: Village/home Town And Country Home by Abagworo(m): 10:59pm On Sep 29, 2009
@poster.they all mean same thing but for some reasons they are used separately.An igbo has tendency of using village because they settle in villages.eg in ph you would find people referring to rumuigbo or rumuagholu as their village inspite of being at the heart of the city.some of my friends from other ethnicities find it offensive if i ask when they would visit their village.they wont hesitate to remind me that osogbo or benin is township.the country home comes from the rich who happen to have erected mansions.you can hardly find an average nigerian using the word country home.just my view.
Re: Village/home Town And Country Home by sayso: 11:52am On Sep 30, 2009
@Abagworo thanks for that,please any one with another view on this?
Re: Village/home Town And Country Home by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2009
village is the rural area with fewer people and largely agricultural- ie mainly farming occupations. Overseas like the US, its called country and has a lot of connotations. grin Life there is generally slower and more laid back though that could be changing for all I know.

Most people in the towns (larger and more industrialized than village), come from one village or the other at some point in time.

Country home is the large residence you build in your village for relaxation and visitation purposes.

that's the way I understand it.

(1) (Reply)

Efik-Ibibio-Annang-Ekoi-Oron, Fluent Speakers Teach Me! / Calabar Girls.. Why The Believe That They Are Sex Freaks. "Totally False" / Girl Stripped, Harassed In Public For Wearing Skimpy Dress In Abuja (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.