Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,624 members, 7,823,748 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

When Has Naming Your Pet The Person You Admire Become A Crime! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / When Has Naming Your Pet The Person You Admire Become A Crime! (465 Views)

10 Countries Where Your Pet Is Just Livestock / Naming Your Pet. / Joachim Iroko In Court For Naming His Dog Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Has Naming Your Pet The Person You Admire Become A Crime! by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 22, 2016
It is heart wrenching reading the travails Mr Joachim Chinakwe an indegene of Delta state and a resident of Ogun state has passed through and is passing through.

The court of law trying his case should temper justice with mercy due to his pregnant wife and their little girl.

Now to the main point of writing this.

There is no Law in Nigeria that barred anyone from naming his pet the name that person love or the name of the one he admire.

These is a trend that is common in other parts of the world and no one has been arrested for that I am sure.

A man in New york named his dog Trump,a woman named her chihuahua Hillary and even here in Nigeria a chimpanzee was named Patience.

If I choose today to named my pet after the one I admired,that means I may be arrested isn'it.

So those that are experience in the legal profession on Nairaland should quote or expound where the law says naming a pet the name of the one you admire is a crime in Nigeria.

Who knows you may be helping many of us that may decide to name our pets after their role models.

Cc
Ishilove
Mynd 44
Lalasticlala....
Re: When Has Naming Your Pet The Person You Admire Become A Crime! by ojnnaco(m): 8:50pm On Aug 22, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Best Breeder Here Please Help Me / Buy Online Pet Gifts Wholesale In Usa / Solid Male Caucasian Puppy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.