Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary (26049 Views)

Youths Beat Customs Officer In Lagos Over Man's Death. Photos / Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment / Abia State University Graduate Killed By Gateman In Uturu, Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by fpeter(f): 11:20am On Aug 23, 2016
marv1:
How can a woman be living all alone by herself. No husband, no boyfriend not even adopted child in her mansion yet she could not pay 30k salary to a gateman. Some people have forgoten that there no how u can live ur life in isolation that when evil will happen the person will be consumed by it. I am not jurging pls. God doest not want us to live in isolation.

And you had to quote the entire story undecided

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by zeepatoprick(m): 11:22am On Aug 23, 2016
well i guess she might have had an ugly chracter or not.. but being alone at 50 simply means u lack people skills... ive seen employers maltreat their employees and how most it affects them generally.. but it does not justify the murder.. we all should be wary of the way we treat eachoda especially those beneath us

2 Likes

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by dominique(f): 11:23am On Aug 23, 2016
How can one who owned a property worth about N300 million not be able to employ the services of a registered security agents, but chose to go for cheap labour?

Exactly what was going through my mind as I was reading the story. Someone living in an high brow neighbourhood should be able to afford better security. This is just another eye-opener on how dangerous it is to live alone and we need to be extremely careful on who we employ as domestic staff. RIP to the deceased.

3 Likes

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by AlphaPegasi: 11:23am On Aug 23, 2016
her stinginess killed her. someone megauards for you and washes your car and sweeps your compound and you give him just 20k ? she needs to be slapped . and you know hausa dont like igbo so he was happy to kill her. i dont think he would have killed his boss if she were hausa
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Deen77: 11:23am On Aug 23, 2016
donbenedict:
Increase his salary for what? What special duty has he achieved to demand such?

He sweeps the compound and washes her car... and is paid 20k. How many gadamn graduates are being paid same amt for less tedious work?

Greed will only lead people behind bars.

I pay #20,000 for man that drive my children to school only now on holiday I still pay though he need to resign not to kill.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 23, 2016
We all know the tribe of maiguards so STFU
kogistar:
see wetin igbo gate mAn have caused now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by PaulIdu: 11:24am On Aug 23, 2016
I can bet that the security man was from the North and North East in particular ..

I once had one from Chibok. .very queer dude ..I never allowed him come 6 meters to where I was at anytime ..dude was creepy so I had to use style and ease him out because I was even scared of sacking him outrightly

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by drss2(m): 11:26am On Aug 23, 2016
startimes dey do promo? my clasic subscription finished 3 weeks ago. just on my decoder only to see all my channels unblocked. cheesy
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by donbenedict(m): 11:27am On Aug 23, 2016
Deen77:

I pay #20,000 for man that drive my children to school only now on holiday I still pay though he need to resign not to kill.
when u give someone too much privilege and leverage, they begin to feel it's a right.

4 Likes

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 23, 2016
One of the chief reasons I automated my gate.

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by francisMKD(m): 11:27am On Aug 23, 2016
DEM NEVER WAN TALK TRUE ABOUT WAT REALLY TRANSPIRED BETWEEN THE WOMAN AND THE GATEMAN!!!

BUHARI.....SEE WETIN U CAUSE BAAA....

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Fortunehunter(m): 11:29am On Aug 23, 2016
May God have mercy.

everywhere killing,
everywhere murdering,
everywhere bombing.
The world is coming to an end.
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by muareal: 11:29am On Aug 23, 2016
Chai! make God no let us use our money employ our death o

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Fourwinds: 11:31am On Aug 23, 2016
kogistar:
see wetin igbo gate mAn have caused now
use ur sense...nobody mentioned Igbo gate man in d story.

3 Likes

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Neddstark: 11:31am On Aug 23, 2016
Why wasnt she opening the gate herself as exercise.

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by 9jatatafo(m): 11:32am On Aug 23, 2016
Don't she has kids, husband or boyfriend, house help to be living with her? Isolation is bad. I am sure the wicked gate man took advantage of her isolation to kill that woman. Life is vanity. The N300,000,000.00 worth of house will belong to some useless person or persons.

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Fortunehunter(m): 11:34am On Aug 23, 2016
drss2:
startimes dey do promo? my clasic subscription finished 3 weeks ago. just on my decoder only to see all my channels unblocked. cheesy

No be only promo my own never even reach one month web l subscribe before them cut am.
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by nonjebose(m): 11:34am On Aug 23, 2016
lovelygurl:

This is sooooo typical always blaming the victim instead of the criminal. Even if she was not living alone. It could have still happened !!!
Rip to the lady. But blaming a criminal may not achieve anything. A criminally minded fellow like the gateman would not have any compulsion in carrying out a threat. So, the best bet is to be careful when dealing with them. If you can not afford what the #20k he is asking,, pay him the #30k and lay him off quietly. No need to harbour such a vicious being. My opinion, though

2 Likes

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by moremormony(m): 11:34am On Aug 23, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by nonjebose(m): 11:34am On Aug 23, 2016
lovelygurl:

This is sooooo typical always blaming the victim instead of the criminal. Even if she was not living alone. It could have still happened !!!
Rip to the lady. But blaming a criminal may not achieve anything. A criminally minded fellow like the gateman would not have any compulsion in carrying out a threat. So, the best bet is to be careful when dealing with them. If you can not afford the #20k he is asking,, pay him the #30k and lay him off quietly. No need to harbour such a vicious being. My opinion, though
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by TipsyDC: 11:34am On Aug 23, 2016
nothing this yeye CHANJII no go bring, nawa oo. RIP to d death, buth for buhari we r watching
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by TipsyDC: 11:35am On Aug 23, 2016
nothing this yeye CHANJII no go bring, nawa oo. RIP to d death, buth for buhari, we r watching

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by TipsyDC: 11:35am On Aug 23, 2016
nothing this yeye CHANJII no go bring, nawa oo. RIP to d death, but for buhari, we r watching
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by AyeeIdris(f): 11:35am On Aug 23, 2016
He waz only there TWO MONTHS. If he didnt like the pay, he should have rejected it from the start or resigned. No justification! Its ridiculous. It is more likely a robbery gone wrong. So what if she lives alone? She may be a widow or never got married......how did they even know the motive when the gateman has fled? We cannot even be sure he killed her.....i wish our police truly investigates

3 Likes

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by AliAiyes: 11:36am On Aug 23, 2016
Witches & wizard of his mama family det worry am
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 23, 2016
donbenedict:
Increase his salary for what? What special duty has he achieved to demand such?

He sweeps the compound and washes her car... and is paid 20k. How many gadamn graduates are being paid same amt for less tedious work?

Greed will only lead people behind bars.
you are part of the reason Nigeria has remained in comatose. What can 20k buy in this present economy? I'm not in anyway in apologetic to what the gateman did, but the woman could have avoided all this by going for registered services. She wanted it just too cheap. Imagine paying someone just 20k in such highbrow area, too bad!

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Lateef3(m): 11:38am On Aug 23, 2016
Unemployment caused this.
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by 4nobody4every1: 11:44am On Aug 23, 2016
AlphaPegasi:
her stinginess killed her. someone megauards for you and washes your car and sweeps your compound and you give him just 20k ? she needs to be slapped . and you know hausa dont like igbo so he was happy to kill her. i dont think he would have killed his boss if she were hausa
20k was small in my opinion but killing the woman was barbaric on the part of the guard, so much insecurity in Nigeria, sighs sad sad

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 23, 2016
MadCow1:
How sad..

Do not hire Guards, House helps, Nannies and other Home support staff without doing a proper background check and a surety.
no matter the background checks done, what will be will be! Both the killer and the killed got issues. 20k in such luxurious area is inhuman. What can 20k buy when a bag of rice is 18k+? Sometimes, taking the human-face dimension to life solves most problems. I don't think the woman will be happy if her son is paid meager 20k in present day Nigeria. Exploitation of the poor is the watchword of the rich.
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 23, 2016
What kind of area is that? The guy will threaten her and the others will just keep silent till when it happens

RIP Ma you didn't deserve to die over 10k and your neighbourhood has no watch

Even if you don't get compensation do the work God will never forget you

I am my Brothers keeper

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Larryfest(m): 11:52am On Aug 23, 2016
lovelygurl:

And what is wrong is WRONG. Stop justifying such! Stop coming up with explanationa
And what would have happened if it d case was this or that because WE NEVER KNOW. Those r just ASSUMPTIONS

Am not sure he was blaming the victim but the truth is at age 50 and living alone even when she is very rich is somehow atleast there will be a family member of hers in the village who could have stayed with her and all this could have been avoided,i mean she was killed and no family members noticed for good 3days if not her church people no one would have known..all am saying is some people just don't want any family or friends near and it very bad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

27-yr-old Man Shot Dead In Bayelsa (photos) / 29-year-old Man Arrested For Defiling An 11-year-old Girl Behind A Church / Man Brutalize His Brother In Delta State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.