Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Islam A Religion That Promotes "Peace" Or "War"? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Islam A Religion That Promotes "Peace" Or "War"? (500 Views)

Values That Promotes Peace / Army Promotes 6,199 Soldiers / Football Should Be Considered A Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam A Religion That Promotes "Peace" Or "War"? by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 23, 2016
Hello guys,
is a pity my beloved country Nigeria has turned into a warzone where people of different beliefs wage war against each other in the quest to gain Religious dominance over others.
RIP to those who lost their lives as a result of these violence.

will need someone to pour more light in these Koran verses I found online

Koran
2:191 "Make war on the infidels living in your
neighborhood." Koran

9:123 "When opportunity arises, kill
the infidels wherever you catch them."

9:5 "Any
religion other than Islam is not acceptable."

3:85
"The Jews and the Christians are perverts fight them."...
Koran

5:33 "Punish the unbelievers with garments
of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water melt their skin
and bellies.

3:28 "Terrorize
and behead those who believe in scriptures other than
the Qur'an."

7:12 "Muslims must muster all
weapons to terrorize the infidels."

there are lot more but u choose to excerpt a few, my questions are
1. If Allah is the almighty why will he allow people he suppose to protect to fight his battle?

2. The verses are believed strongly by Book haram and ISIS, these guys see themselves are the true Muslims cause they are executing what those verses above instructs.

you can visit

http:///2bINuzU
Re: Islam A Religion That Promotes "Peace" Or "War"? by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 23, 2016
Your argument has no basis. Those scriptures came about as at then when infidels and unbelievers won't allow muslims to practice their religion in peace. What is happened in Zamfara shouldn't be new to us Nigerians,the typicsl Hausa and Fulfude man are aggressive,unforgiving and temperamental. They get provoked easily and fight often. Its just so unfortunate that they always use religion as an excuse to Instigate anarchy.Look at other Northern states where you find few hausa people.e.g Kogi,Nassarawa,Gombe,Plateau et al. You will find Muslims here,but they aren't violent. Its only the Hausa or Fulfudes amongst them that perpetrate violence. JUDGE THE MAN BY HIS DEEDS AND NOT BY HIS CREEDS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam A Religion That Promotes "Peace" Or "War"? by Horlorlardaey: 7:32am On Aug 23, 2016
I reserve my comments, till further notice
#PeaceAwt
Re: Islam A Religion That Promotes "Peace" Or "War"? by locosis007(m): 7:36am On Aug 23, 2016
As per your Quote of Koran

Those are quote taken out of context, not contextually.

Every religious group (except Buddhism, I stand to be corrected) has such apparent instructions as regard violence. It is inundated in the bible.

VIOLENCE HAS BEEN THE RELIGION TOOLS TO STAMP ITs MARK.

As regard Islam been violent or not. Islam preaches peace very so often but its follower tend to be violent. Its either they don't preach peace enough or they use peace as a deceptive factor to win ppl over
Re: Islam A Religion That Promotes "Peace" Or "War"? by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 23, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Sudden Discovery Of A Misuse Meaning Of 3g / Whatsapp To Stop Supporting All Blackberry10 Phones,nokia&older Android Phones. / Meet The Baby Boy Who Was Born With 15 Fingers And 16 Toes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.