Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,236 members, 7,953,887 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:20 AM

Militants Want Government To Reopen Maritime Varsity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Want Government To Reopen Maritime Varsity (909 Views)

EFCC To Reopen 14 Former Governors’ Corruption Cases / Maritime Varsity : Federal Government Reaffirm Itsekiri Ownership / Relocating Maritime Varsity ‘ll Cause Unrest, Group Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Militants Want Government To Reopen Maritime Varsity by Smallb0b0(f): 7:31am On Aug 23, 2016
IVF seeks release of detained fighters
For peace to reign in the Niger Delta, some militant groups have urged the Federal Government to reopen the Maritime University in Okerenkoko, Delta State.

Following the celebrated ceasefire declared by some militant groups, the fighters are calling for a review of the peace process initiated by elder statesman, Chief Edwin Clark.

While the Niger Delta Greenland and Justice Mandate (NDGJM vowed to “carry out more deadly attacks until the right thing is done”, the Bayelsa State-based Iduwini Volunteer Force (IVF) threatened that its fighters would continue to bomb oil pipelines if the university is not reopened.

The IVF listed six demands that must be met by the government, including an unconditional release of detained militants. It accused the authorities of being insincere with the peace process.
The Spokesman of the group, Commander Johnson Biboye, in a statement, said the government would only prove its sincerity by releasing the detainees.

According to him, members of the IVF held a protracted meeting, which started in the evening of August 21, 2016 and ended in the early hours of August 22, 2016, in the creeks. He said the group deliberated extensively on the security situation in the Niger Delta, as well as the efforts of notable leaders to seek peace and dialogue in resolving the crisis.

The statement said :“The group commended President Muhammadu Buhari; first military governor of the old Rivers State and Chairman, Niger Delta Dialogue Committee King Alfred Papapreye Diete-Spiff; Chief Dr. Edwin Kiagbodo Clark; Chief Dr. Wellington Okirika; Bolowei of Gbaramatu Kingdom, Prince Mike Emuh, National Chairman Host Communities of Nigeria (HOSCON) and very many other leaders for their untiring efforts at ensuring that peace prevails in the Niger Delta, even at the detriment of their safety and that of their families.”

Lauding the efforts of the leaders, the IVF insisted that all freedom fighting groups in the region should embrace peace “as a mark of honor to the concerted efforts of these our notable leaders in enhancing the peace process.”

But the spokesman of the NDGJM, General Aldo Agbalaja, described the meeting convened by Clark and Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State in Warri last Friday as a charade. He alleged the conveners were the same people who mismanaged the region under former President Goodluck Jonathan.

Agbalaja advised the Federal Government to embrace the Niger Delta Dialogue Contact Group (NDDCG) led by the Amanyanabo of Twon Brass, Alfred Diete-Spiff, which, according to him, has the commitment of some international agencies.

“We would rather the Federal Government builds on this group to reach out to the genuine representatives of the people of the region, to discuss the way forward because we believ[color=#990000][/color]e what is worth doing at all is worth doing well,” NDGJM said.

The upland-based militants said they were carrying on with their avowed campaign to sabotage oil and gas interests until the Federal Government “does what is right for the people.”

It insisted that “only a credibly convened conference of Niger Delta stakeholders, made up of real, grass-rooted representatives from the six core Niger Delta states can call for dialogue on behalf of the region.”
Source: http://m.guardian.ng/news/militants-want-government-to-reopen-maritime-varsity/
SMALLBOBO

Re: Militants Want Government To Reopen Maritime Varsity by Omudia11: 7:38am On Aug 23, 2016
oo
Re: Militants Want Government To Reopen Maritime Varsity by DropShot: 8:05am On Aug 23, 2016
I thought Nigeria's crude production would have ceased by now. That we're still at 1 million bpd is fantastic.

I urge the militant not to stop, they should continue the bombing and let see if their demands will be met.

You can't sow wind and not reap whirlwind! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Militants Want Government To Reopen Maritime Varsity by Tokt: 8:08am On Aug 23, 2016
Foolish militants. We currently have 2 maritime schools in Nigeria and they aren't closed. The one in Delta hasn't been built or ready neither does it have any student yet. Anyone saying it should be opened should have his head properly examined.
Re: Militants Want Government To Reopen Maritime Varsity by Smallb0b0(f): 8:11am On Aug 23, 2016
Make your findings well b4 u talk @ poster above

1 Like

Re: Militants Want Government To Reopen Maritime Varsity by NigerDeltan(m): 8:26am On Aug 23, 2016
Tokt:
Foolish militants. We currently have 2 maritime schools in Nigeria and they aren't closed. The one in Delta hasn't been built or ready neither does it have any student yet. Anyone saying it should be opened should have his head properly examined.

Mtcheeeew .. Empty brain

1 Like

Re: Militants Want Government To Reopen Maritime Varsity by Tokt: 8:29am On Aug 23, 2016
NigerDeltan:

Mtcheeeew .. Empty brain

For stating the obvious truth eh.....Oponu.....guilty as charged. grin
Re: Militants Want Government To Reopen Maritime Varsity by Thisis2raw(m): 9:03am On Aug 23, 2016
Tokt:
wats bad for having 3 or its becuz u saw Niger Delta?

1 Like

Re: Militants Want Government To Reopen Maritime Varsity by Tokt: 9:09am On Aug 23, 2016
Thisis2raw:
wats bad for having 3 or its becuz u saw Niger Delta?

Shut ur trap, i live in ND and has nothing against it. The two existing schools we Av currently aren't filled to capacity yet, why demand for a new one during this austerity period? Go to Oron, they are still looking for students and ur people have refused to go to school. Fill up both schools first before talking about another one.

2 Likes

Re: Militants Want Government To Reopen Maritime Varsity by Thisis2raw(m): 9:15am On Aug 23, 2016
Tokt:

Shut ur trap, i live in ND and has nothing against it. The two existing schools we Av currently aren't filled to capacity yet, why demand for a new one during this austerity period? Go to Oron, they are still looking for students and ur people have refused to go to school. Fill up both schools first before talking about another one.
see ursef bloody lair!!! My broda skuls at oron, they are nt lukin for any damn students and move u jst showed ur bigotry MY PEOPLE REFUSE TO GO TO SCHOOL

2 Likes

Re: Militants Want Government To Reopen Maritime Varsity by Tokt: 9:24am On Aug 23, 2016
Thisis2raw:
see ursef bloody lair!!! My broda skuls at oron, they are nt lukin for any damn students and move u jst showed ur bigotry MY PEOPLE REFUSE TO GO TO SCHOOL

U sound really dumb. Do u think u are the only one that has folks schooling in Oron? When have u heard the management of the school claimed that they are congested? Are u ok? Did ur assumed brother also tell u that intending students are being turned back because of unavailability of space? Kiss my arse.
Yes I said many don't go to school and I Av no apology for that. How many do go to school in bayelsa when they already know that carrying guns and amuninutions is much more profitable. I Av been living in the ND for almost 2 decades now and u aren't in a position to tell me what I already know.
Re: Militants Want Government To Reopen Maritime Varsity by cktheluckyman: 9:48am On Aug 23, 2016
DropShot:
I thought Nigeria's crude production would have ceased by now. That we're still at 1 million bpd is fantastic.

I urge the militant not to stop, they should continue the bombing and let see if their demands will be met.

You can sow wind and not reap whirlwind! grin grin grin
Bros 1 million bpd is not fantastic, if you are in doubt go and ask Aregberascal

1 Like

Re: Militants Want Government To Reopen Maritime Varsity by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
Ghdjk
Re: Militants Want Government To Reopen Maritime Varsity by caleb404: 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Bros 1 million bpd is not fantastic, if you are in doubt go and ask Aregberascal

As long as that paid per comment poster you replied receives his daily stipend and recharge card, all is well and fair with him.
Re: Militants Want Government To Reopen Maritime Varsity by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 23, 2016
It's a necessity in that part of the country. Maritime ..will expose the boys in learning more about their immediate environment..and reduce miltancy creating more opportunities across board.

(1) (Reply)

DPO Shot Dead In Rivers State / PHOTO: Fashola And Femi Gbajabiamila At Eid Prayer Ground / Got Headache?take This Apc Pills (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.