Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,599 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

How To Fix Black Screen Of Death On Windows 7 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Fix Black Screen Of Death On Windows 7 (2717 Views)

How To Resolve The Black Screen Error In Google Chrome (video) / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself / My Laptop Is Displayin A Black Screen..help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Fix Black Screen Of Death On Windows 7 by cyber5(m): 9:27am On Aug 23, 2016
Black Screen Of Death On Windows 7 Desktop And How To Fix It

Few minutes earlier, you shut down your pc and rebooted it to see your desktop displaying nothing except a BlackScreen and the Cursor. Don’t panic, here’s how to fix it.
Black screen is caused when explorer.exe crashes and there are two ways to fix it.

Step 1
* Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to launch the taskbar
* Click on Processes and search for explorer
* Right Click on it and click on end process or task ( explorer should not be no the list of processes when it has been stopped)
* On the Task Bar, Click on File and Click on New Task
* RUN will be launched automatically
* In the textbox type explorer.exe and press enter key. Explorer will restart and ur desktop will be back.

If step 1 does not work, try step 2 below.

Step 2
*. Remove the Pc battery and erboot the computer to the desktop.

*. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del altogether.

*. Shut down the computer and Reboot the pc and tap F8 continously to go to the advanced boot menu.

*. Navigate to ‘ Repair My Computer’ and wait for to load windows files.

*. After loading, navigate to Startup Repair.

*. After ‘ StartUp Repair’ is done searching the computer for problems, click ‘Finish’.

*. Then navigate to ‘System Restore’ and click on the latest restore point and click next.

*. Wait for ‘System Restore’ to initialize and restore files.

*. After System Restore has restored files successfully,

*. Click restart and thats all.

This fix and Pictures are works of Cyber5.

Illegal use will be seen as Theft of Itellectual Property

Re: How To Fix Black Screen Of Death On Windows 7 by cyber5(m): 7:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
More Pics

Re: How To Fix Black Screen Of Death On Windows 7 by flex04(m): 9:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
bt mine is nt even showing cursor jus black bt no cursor
Re: How To Fix Black Screen Of Death On Windows 7 by cyber5(m): 9:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
flex04:

Have you tried the steps above
Re: How To Fix Black Screen Of Death On Windows 7 by udemzyudex(m): 5:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
flex04:

Is the back light up?
Re: How To Fix Black Screen Of Death On Windows 7 by flex04(m): 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2017
udemzyudex:

Is the back light up?

yea...the screen will be on but it will nt display it company's name or anything at all

somthing like dis pic bt the writtings wont be there

(1) (Reply)

Bit Torrent And Utorrent -who Knows Something About It? / Hp 3 In 1 Printer for quick sale (cheaper) / Activating Windows 8 Without Product Key

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.