Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Because You Believe, It Has Happened! (matthew 8:5-13) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Because You Believe, It Has Happened! (matthew 8:5-13) (626 Views)

What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing / Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Because You Believe, It Has Happened! (matthew 8:5-13) by ACKCITY: 9:59am On Aug 23, 2016
In the book of Matthew 8 from verse 5 to 13 we read the story of a Roman officer whose servant was paralyzed and needed Jesus to come and heal the servant.

The Roman officer approached Jesus and said, “Lord, my young servant lies in bed, paralyzed and in terrible pain.

Jesus said, ‘I will come and heal him’. But the officer said, ‘Lord, I am not worthy to have you come into my home- just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed” Matthew 8:6-8

This Roman officer even though he feels he was a sinner and does not deserve Jesus’ visit to his home, but he believes that God can heal his servant, he has a strong faith, he wasn’t in doubt as to whether God can do it or not, he was sure God can do it.

He was desperate to have his servant cured of the ailment, the same way many of us are desperate to have our needs met, or to get something from the Lord, maybe job, financial breakthrough or even marital bliss.

“When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. Turning to those who were following him, he said, “I tell you the truth, I haven’t seen faith like this in all Israel!” Matthew 8:10

See more >>http://citofgod..com.ng/2016/08/because-you-believe-it-has-happened.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Crucifix Appears In Nasarawa Mosque; Hundreds Troop Out For Miracle / Prayer Without Work Vs Work Without Prayer / The Experience Lagos 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.