Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Introduction To Tawheed. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Introduction To Tawheed. (9797 Views)

Muslims Must learn Tawheed / The Significance Of Tawheed And The Importance Of Salat / Introduction To Tawheed - Continuation - Eemaan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 23, 2016
Salaamu alaykum brothers and sisters in Islam, I will like to bring to you a very important topic which many Muslims make errors in this time and age, this topic is nothing but TAWHEED, so we will first of all define the term linguistically, then we will define it in the sharee’ah form;

#DEFINITION OF TAWHEED(LINGUSTICALLY); When the Arabs say waahid, ahad and waheed, they mean something that is one, tawheed has the same root letters as the aforementioned terms that means one, so basically, the “ta-un” infront of “wa-un”, “ha-un” and “dal-un” is making something to be ONE. So Tawheed means knowing Allaah is One, with none like unto Him. Whoever does not acknowledge Allaah in these terms and does not describe Him as being One with no partner or associate does not believe in Tawheed.

#DEFINITION OF TAWHEED(SHAREE’AH); We have seen the definition of Tawheed linguistically, but that definition is not sufficient enough when it comes to the sharee’ah, so whats the definition of tawheed in the sharee’ah perspective? With regard to the shar’i definition of Tawheed, it means believing in Allaah alone as God and Lord and attributing to Him alone all the attributes of Lordship and divinity.
It may be defined as follows: Believing that Allaah is One with no partner or associate in

1.)His Lordship (ruboobiyyah),

2.)divinity (uloohiyyah)

3.) Names and attributes (al-asma’ wa’l-sifaat).

But infact we are not interested in the linguistic definition of tawheed, rather we are concerned with the sharee’ah definition of tawheed, therefore we will elaborate on the three categories of tawheed under the sharee’ah definition.

# His Lordship (ruboobiyyah): The oneness of Allaah’s Lordship is the belief that Allah alone has created the universe, that He alone is its Provider and Sustainer, and that He has complete ownership and power over His creation. In other words, Allah is one and unique in regard to His actions, such that no creature shares His power in creating and managing the universe.

Allaah said;

“Verily, your Lord is Allah who created the heavens and earth in six days and then established Himself above the Throne. He covers the night with the day, chasing it rapidly, and the sun, the moon, and the stars are subjected to His command. Unquestionably, for Him is the creation and the command. Blessed is Allah, the Lord of the worlds.” {Quran 7:45}

The oneness of Lordship includes the belief in divine providence (qadr), that all things happen by the decree of Allah. Allah alone has complete and uncontested power in the universe and everything occurs according to His will and wisdom.

Allah said:

“Verily, Allah has power over all things.”{Quran 2:20}

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 23, 2016
# divinity (uloohiyyah): First of all, the meaning of Tawheed Al-Uloohiyyah is to single out Allaah The Almighty and perform acts of worship solely for Him. In other words, the servant must not love, fear or have hope in anyone or anything besides Allaah The Almighty; and must dedicate all acts of worship, such as prayer, Zakaah (obligatory charity), supplication, vowing, and all words and actions that Allaah The Almighty may be pleased with, to Him Alone.

On the other hand, scholars maintain that there are different types of Shirk (polytheism) in worshipping Allaah The Almighty:

1- Shirk because of failing to dedicate supplications or rites of sacrifice to Allaah The Almighty Alone

2- Shirk because of failing to make one's sincerity of intention, purpose and will exclusive to Allaah The Almighty Alone while doing acts of worship.

3- Shirk because of loving others besides Allaah The Almighty

4- Shirk because of obeying others besides Allaah The Almighty

According to the aforementioned classification, it is possible to say that the pillars of Tawheed Al-’Uloohiyyah are based on:

1- Supplicating and performing acts of sacrifice solely for the Sake of Allaah The Almighty

2- Forming one’s sincere intention, purpose and will solely for Allaah The Almighty

3- Focusing one’s love and allegiance solely for Allaah The Almighty

4- Dedicating acts of obedience exclusively to Allaah The Almighty

The purpose behind mentioning this classification is to clarify and explain the meaning of Tawheed Al-’Uloohiyyah. This meaning is originally
derived from the verses in which Allaah The Almighty Says (what means):

• Say, "Is it other than Allaah I should take as a protector, Creator of the heavens and the earth, while it is He who feeds and is not fed?"{Quran 6: 14}

• [Say], "Then is it other than Allaah I should seek as judge while it is He who has revealed to you the Book explained in detail?"{Quran 6: 114}

• Say, [O Muhammad], "Indeed, I have been commanded to worship Allaah, [being] sincere to Him in religion.{Quran 39: 11}

• Say, "Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah , Lord of the worlds{Quran 6: 162}

# Names and attributes (al-asma’ wa’l-sifaat): With regard to Tawheed al-Asma’ wa’l-Sifaat (Oneness of the Divine Names and Attributes), this means affirming the names and attributes of Allaah and believing that there is none like unto Allaah in His names and attributes. This Tawheed is based on two principles:

1 – Affirmation: i.e., affirming that which Allaah has affirmed for Himself in His Book or that His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has affirmed of His beautiful names and sublime attributes in a manner that suits the Majesty and Greatness of Allaah, without distorting them, twisting their meanings, denying their reality or discussing how they are.

2 – Denial: i.e., denying that Allaah has any faults and denying any shortcomings that He has denied Himself. The evidence for that is the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):

“There is nothing like Him, and He is the All Hearer, the All Seer”{Quran 42:11}

So He has denied that He bears any resemblance to His creation, and affirmed that He has attributes of perfection in a manner that befits Him, may He be glorified.

references: http://abuaminaelias.com/the-oneness-of-lordship-tawheed-ar-rububiyyah/

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&Id=20994

https://islamqa.info/en/49030

TO BE CONTINUED BI IDHNILLAAHI TA’ALA

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 23, 2016
You can download this very excellent book by shaykh Muhammad ibn Abdul-wahab(rahimahullaah), it talks on tawheed;

http://kalamullah.com/Books/kitab_ut_tawheed.pdf

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 23, 2016
Contact17 would you mind putting this in your blog?
Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
lexiconkabir:
Contact17 would you mind putting this in your blog?

No problem. What name would you like me to use as the author? What are the sources you used?
Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
Contact17:

No problem. What name would you like me to use as the author? What are the sources you used?

I have provided the sources on the thread, just put anonymous as the author.
Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 23, 2016
lexiconkabir:

I have provided the sources on the thread, just put anonymous as the author.

Okay.
Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 24, 2016
@ Lexiconkabir do I have your permission to make minor changes to the article? I would also like to post your piece on time management (also making minor changes), will you allow me do that?

1 Like

Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 24, 2016
Contact17:
@ Lexiconkabir do I have your permission to make minor changes to the article?

Sorry to ask, like what changes?

I would also like to post your piece on time management (also making minor changes), will you allow me do that?

Yes you can, but what "minor changes" do you wanna make?

But if you mean typo errors and grammatical construction, then no problem.

1 Like

Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 24, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Got my answer
Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 24, 2016
Jazakallahu Khiran for this piece!!

I am reading it attentively now.
Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 24, 2016
Contact17:
Jazakallahu Khairan for this piece!!

I am reading it attentively now.

Wa iyak
Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 24, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Can I put the shirk part at the end, after explaining the three parts to tawheed according to the sharee'ah?

MODIFIED

it's better where you put it.
Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 24, 2016
Contact17:

Can I put the shirk part at the end, after explaining the three parts to tawheed according to the sharee'ah?

I don't think that will be a good idea, i intentionally put the shirk part in that position to explain the pillars of tawheed uloohiyyah

*Modified*

Alhadulillaah you've seen it.
Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 24, 2016
lexiconkabir:

I don't think that will be a good idea, i intentionally put the shirk part in that position to explain the pillars of tawheed uloohiyyah

Yeah I realized that when I got to the later part. One last question (because I feel like I am asking too much) you mentioned that the scholars agreed that there are three types of shirk but you listed four.
Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 24, 2016
Contact17:

Yeah I realized that when I got to the later part. One last question (because I feel like I am asking too much) you mentioned that the scholars agreed that there are three types of shirk but you listed four.

I didnt say three, read again.
Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 24, 2016
lexiconkabir:

I didnt say three, read again.

You are right. I misread there for three
Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 24, 2016
Contact17:

You are right. I misread there for three

I know, it happens to me too.
Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 24, 2016

1 Like

Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 24, 2016
Do you mind if i share those articles(that is on your blog) on facebook?
Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 24, 2016
lexiconkabir:

So it renains the time management thread, and pls dont ask for source i wrote that myself.

I had been eyeing that thread from day one. You write really well.
Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 24, 2016
lexiconkabir:
Do you mind if i share those articles(that is on your blog) on facebook?

Nope. The more the better
Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2016
Contact17:

Nope. The more the better

Jazakillaah! I'll start sharing, that way you have more readers, you should also share links to your blog at other social networks.
Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Thanks! BTW do not respond that shi'a that quoted you on the jabata's thread.

I wont.

It's just sad how many people are spewing misguidance everywhere especially when encouraging brother Rilwayne001 to listen to the lecture. The truth is, it is impossible for a person to dive into the ocean without getting wet. People who preach misguidance twist the truth with lies so that the lie will appear as the truth and the truth will appear as lies. An average Muslim who doesn't have the knowledge to refute and argue his claims may end up listening and getting doubts about the religion. Shaytan is ever willing to make sure that doubts grows until a person become misguided.

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever hears of the Dajjaal, let him flee from him, for by Allaah, a man will come to him thinking that he is a believer, then he will follow him because of the specious arguments he puts forward.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 3762; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

Lastly, the most important organ is the heart, if it's sound then the body is sound. If it becomes corrupted then the entire body is corrupt.
May Allah safeguard us and protect us with his protection.
Ameen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Rilwayne001: 6:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
Contact17:

I wont.

It's just sad how many people are spewing misguidance everywhere especially when encouraging brother Rilwayne001 to listen to the lecture.
Ameen.

Madam, I don't think he is trying to misguide me by encouraging me to listen to his recordings. I don't know how else you want me to know if truly Jabalata' was spreading mischief or not if I don't know anything about him aside what people say about him.

I have been hearing about his name in ilorin for the past 3years now but still never had the opportunity to listen to his lecture.

Maybe I will go to his lecture when I get to ilorin. I need to hear from the horse mouth. wink
Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 25, 2016
INTRODUCTION TO TAWHEED - 'CONTINUATION - EEMAAN

https://www.nairaland.com/3309026/introduction-tawheed-continuation-eemaan

This is a continuation on the topic.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by lascopes(m): 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
Masha allah
Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by AliAiyes: 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2016
Allahu Akbar ..
Islam has enterd Nairaland

Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Hash86(m): 3:55pm On Aug 26, 2016
Nice post
Re: Introduction To Tawheed. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
Please we should all endeavor to download that book, and study it, because without tawheed your Islam will crumble, which was why the prophet started with tawheed(he taught tawheed for 13years), it was after the people understood tawheed, he then taught them how to pray, fast, give zakaah and so on..... So tawheed is the main thing that holds your Islam, even when the prophet sent Mu'adh to Yemen, tawheed was the first thing he ordered mu'adh to teach the people of Yemen, therefore tawheed is very very verrrrry important.

Many innovations are now in Islam, of which the prophet said "...the worst of all affairs are the innovations(in religion), and all innovations are misguidance and all misguidance leads one astray and all (things that leads one) astray leads one to hell" so to escape innovations, you have to start with tawheed(the correct aqeedah), after tawheed other things will fall in place insha Allaah.

Salaam.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hajj Commission Suspends All Flights To Mecca / Rulings Concerning Music In Islam / Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.