Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants (13955 Views)

Equities Market Remains Bearish On Profit Taking In Banking Stocks / Naira Slides To 405/$ Amid Tight Dollar Supply / Crude Oil Price Rise After Russia Agrees To OPEC Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by johntaiwo123(m): 1:42pm On Aug 23, 2016
Militants in the Niger Delta have disrupted supplies - a tentative ceasefire has been called but traders await details on the proposals

Oil extended declines after the biggest loss in three weeks before weekly US crude inventory data and as the market awaits comment from the Nigerian government on a proposal by militants to end hostilities.

October futures fell as much as 1.7 per cent in New York after declining the first time in eight days on Monday.

Crude stockpiles probably dropped by 1 million barrels last week, before a report from the Energy Information Administration on Wednesday. 

The cease-fire declared by Niger Delta Avengers should be viewed with caution, according to analysts from Commerzbank and Global Risk Management.

Oil rose more than 20 per cent on Thursday, less than three weeks after it tumbled into a bear market. Prices were driven higher partly by speculation that informal talks among members of OPEC next month may lead to action to stabilize the market. There is a possibility that producers may agree to freeze output, according to Goldman Sachs.

“We’re seeing a bit of profit taking,” said Ric Spooner, chief analyst at CMC Markets in Sydney. “It’s about how far the price had climbed in relation to the current underlying fundamental situation. There is still plenty of supply around. It wouldn’t be surprising to see this downtrend continue and it’s possible we could see some sort of basing around $44 to $45 a barrel.”

West Texas Intermediate for October delivery lost as much as 79 cents to $46.62 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange and was at $46.82 a barrel at 1:23 p.m. in Hong Kong.

The September contract expired Monday after dropping $1.47 to close at $47.05, snapping the longest run of gains since 2012. Total volume traded was about 61 per cent above the 100-day average.

Brent for October settlement lost as much as 65 cents, or 1.3 per cent, to $48.51 a barrel the London-based ICE Futures Europe exchange. Prices slipped $1.72, or 3.4 per cent, to settle at $49.16 on Monday. The global benchmark traded at a $1.87 premium to WTI.

l

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/oil-price-falls-nigeria-futures-crude-stockpiles-militants-niger-delta-avengers-a7204746.html

2 Likes

Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by oshibote1: 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by Victorakats(m): 3:43pm On Aug 23, 2016
The truth is the body language of NDA has effect on the global prize of crude oil and the world is observing with keen interest on how the government and the militants manage their interest.

For relationship, love, sex and marriage articles visit www.amaraofficial.com.

3 Likes

Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by B3sty(m): 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
Ok.
Nigeria will rise again....Just believe.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by Chiznonso: 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
Delta Sheikh's
Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by Branzy(m): 3:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
I guess when someone said e would stabilize crude oil price was through the avengers (Na joke o)

9 Likes

Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by Pavore9: 3:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
Countries whose economy are not tied to oil and some other commodities are lucky.
Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by Ibcrown(m): 3:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
Oga juu
Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by Richie0974: 3:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
Slides again, one minute its up the next minute it's down. Expectations keep crumbling.
Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by emmykk(m): 3:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
he once said he will control world oil price .i think he is fufilling his electoral promise already

8 Likes

Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by Rapmoney(m): 3:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nigerian government is nothing but Ojuju calabar!!! angry angry angry

12 Likes

Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
Pavore9:
Countries whose economy are not tied to oil and some other commodities are lucky.

they are not lucky. they are subject to the dictates suppliers.
Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by Guyman02: 3:50pm On Aug 23, 2016
This picture is what I think of John Kerry going to Sokoto, he knows he cant come to the South as no Southerner can be fooled by an American, rather some of our badoos even use their Yahoo Yahoo to grab their money from them. He is there to verify if truly OIL has been discovered in the North so that Halliburton can start exploration with Aisha as CEO.

Since they are not coming with technology transfer, sponsorship of new projects such as roads construction, building of new schools, hospitals, water supply etc but to make empty promises as usual and tell us about tolerance and terrorism, we dont need John Kerry and his terrorist supporting team here for any reason. He should do quick and get out from Nigeria. The US can scuttle the ceasefire with NDA depending on what they want at a particular time (whether low or high price)

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by haconjy(m): 3:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
hummmm
Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by Branzy(m): 3:52pm On Aug 23, 2016
Guyman02:
guy man space booking continu
Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by haconjy(m): 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
I need to visit Buhari (toilet), soon... that is the name I give my toilet...

12 Likes

Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by haconjy(m): 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2016
nairaland I know your next move...but I don't care cause I know who u r to buhari
Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by pippimp(m): 3:57pm On Aug 23, 2016
Branzy:
I guess when someone said e would stabilize crude oil price was through the avengers (Na joke o)

I don't think you all realise the quagmire you are in yet. In the just concluded world conference on climate change, all countries have agreed to stop using crude oil based products to power cars, machinery, etc in 50 years. You guys are phucked in another half century.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by Flets: 4:02pm On Aug 23, 2016
The person of Buhari is Nigeria's only major problem at the moment.... He has has to leave the scene somehow. No sustainable agreement can be reached with Buhari as president because his personality exudes nepotism, division, anarchy and death.

Even investors who fled Nigeria would never return under a Buhari presidency irrespective of what policies they put in place.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by Izonpikin: 4:07pm On Aug 23, 2016
Victorakats:
The truth is the body language of NDA has effect on the global prize of crude oil and the world is observing with keen interest on how the government and the militants manage their interest.

i have a feeling its through the NDA buhari made that emphatic promise to stabilize oil price... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy...just joking sha... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:09pm On Aug 23, 2016
Still waiting for the price of oyel to crash to 0. Ignorant terrorist.
Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by worlexy(m): 4:13pm On Aug 23, 2016
Which way naija? Please compare the calendar of 1983 to that of 2016. Buhari has dragged Nigeria back to 1983

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by Fran6ik: 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2016
pippimp:

I don't think you all realise the quagmire you are in yet. In the just concluded world conference on climate change, all countries have agreed to stop using crude oil based products to power cars, machinery, etc in 50 years. You guys are phucked in another half century.
am sure u attended d confrence

2 Likes

Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by Pavore9: 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2016
WinningSun:

they are not lucky. they are subject to the dictates suppliers.

Kenyans were buying a litre of Petrol as at 2012 for 112 shillings then their exchange rate was 85 shillings to 1 US dollar. Today they buy a litre for 86.17 shillings and the exchange rate us 101 shillings to 1 US dollar. Their economy is tied to hosting conferences, tourism and export of Agricultural products.

6 Likes

Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by Lateef3(m): 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2016
B3sty:
Ok.
Nigeria will rise again....Just believe.

Nah so bro! Gbayi
Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by Eazybay(m): 4:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
Men naija groups sabi make headlines sha. Wea the Russian jets

Check the thread on my signature

Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by oladipo322(m): 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
good things are coming ahead
Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by wiggle: 4:31pm On Aug 23, 2016
Awwww! Buhari should keep looking for oil in the Northern Hemisphere

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by legendsilver(m): 4:37pm On Aug 23, 2016
Victorakats:

Dey deceive yourself o, body language kor body odour ni

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by MrImole: 4:42pm On Aug 23, 2016
Ope o

For a moment I thought they were talking about vegetable oil...
Re: Oil Price Slides But Market Remains Cautious Over Nigerian Militants by divide9ja: 4:49pm On Aug 23, 2016

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN To Raise BDC’s Share Capital To ₦2 Billion / Power, FX, Fuel Shortages Cripple Nigeria As Buharimonics Continues To Fumble / Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.