Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Access Bank Surprises Staff, Increases Salary To Cushion Effect Of Harsh Economy - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Access Bank Surprises Staff, Increases Salary To Cushion Effect Of Harsh Economy (1645 Views)

Please How Do I Know That My Company Remmited The Tax Deducted From My Salary To / Pure Water Seller Wearing Makeup Surprises Twitter Users (Photos) / Access Bank Plc Salary Structure: How Much Does Access Bank Pay Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Surprises Staff, Increases Salary To Cushion Effect Of Harsh Economy by docjuli(m): 4:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
Staff members of Access Bank Plc were pleasantly surprised on Monday (AUGUST 22, 2016) as they had an increase in their salary despite the prevailing economic realities in the country.

Nigeria is suffering its worst economic downturn following the unexpected crash in the price of crude oil, its main source of income. Businesses including banks have cut jobs to save money while majority of the states and local governments owe months of unpaid salaries.

THEWILL was told that the bank’s leadership headed by Herbert Wigwe, approved this increase to cushion the effect of rising standard of living in the country.

An employee, who expressed delight at this gesture from the bank confirmed this in confidence. “I am speechless. I don’t think anyone saw this coming, this is happening at a time when my friends in other banks are losing their jobs. It feels great to be supported in such trying times. Thank you Uncle Herbie.”

However, Wigwe was not available for comments as at press time.

http://thewillnigeria.com/news/access-bank-surprises-staff-increases-salary-to-cushion-effect-of-harsh-economy-staff-members-of-access-bank-plc-were-pleasantly-surprised-on-monday-as-they-had-an-increase-in-their-salary-despite-t/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Surprises Staff, Increases Salary To Cushion Effect Of Harsh Economy by Islamicpope(m): 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2016
what of civil servant?
Re: Access Bank Surprises Staff, Increases Salary To Cushion Effect Of Harsh Economy by talktonase(m): 5:15pm On Aug 23, 2016
That's cool...Private organizations will give you ten naira and squeeze out one million naira from their employees...none of my business anyway.Let us leave the remaining story for the journalist.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Surprises Staff, Increases Salary To Cushion Effect Of Harsh Economy by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 23, 2016
I seriously feel like crying right now!!

respect to Accessbank!

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Surprises Staff, Increases Salary To Cushion Effect Of Harsh Economy by company500: 5:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
they increased their salaries by how much?

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Surprises Staff, Increases Salary To Cushion Effect Of Harsh Economy by pendusky(m): 5:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
There is this movie I watched, cant rem the name. During economic hardship, some people capitalises and were making huge profit. While some are crying in technical economic recess, Access Bank is having free and swift access to Nigeria Money grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Surprises Staff, Increases Salary To Cushion Effect Of Harsh Economy by company500: 5:34pm On Aug 23, 2016
docjuli:

Staff members of Access Bank Plc were pleasantly surprised on Monday (AUGUST 22, 2016) as they had an increase in their salary despite the prevailing economic realities in the country.

Nigeria is suffering its worst economic downturn following the unexpected crash in the price of crude oil, its main source of income. Businesses including banks have cut jobs to save money while majority of the states and local governments owe months of unpaid salaries.

THEWILL was told that the bank’s leadership headed by Herbert Wigwe, approved this increase to cushion the effect of rising standard of living in the country.

An employee, who expressed delight at this gesture from the bank confirmed this in confidence. “I am speechless. I don’t think anyone saw this coming, this is happening at a time when my friends in other banks are losing their jobs. It feels great to be supported in such trying times. Thank you Uncle Herbie.”

However, Wigwe was not available for comments as at press time.

http://thewillnigeria.com/news/access-bank-surprises-staff-increases-salary-to-cushion-effect-of-harsh-economy-staff-members-of-access-bank-plc-were-pleasantly-surprised-on-monday-as-they-had-an-increase-in-their-salary-despite-t/

they increased their salaries by how much?

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Surprises Staff, Increases Salary To Cushion Effect Of Harsh Economy by davide470(m): 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2016
A bank that produced the best half year result so far, good top and bottom line growth with an interim dividend of 25kobo to shareholders, this is actually needful!

There is a BANK!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Business Can One Invest With 1 Million Naira In Lagos Nigeria? / This Is How Much A Chef Earns In Nigeria. / Sterling Bank Sultan Of Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.