Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

CBN Sanctions Nine Banks For Failing To Remit $2.3bn NNPC Funds - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Sanctions Nine Banks For Failing To Remit $2.3bn NNPC Funds (41270 Views)

Total, Mobil, Others Yet To Remit N6tr Oil Revenue / Nine Banks Make N59.6bn From Maintenance Charges In 6 Months / Forex: CBN Sanctions 12 Banks For Frustrating Small Businesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Sanctions Nine Banks For Failing To Remit $2.3bn NNPC Funds by Hernandez88(m): 10:59am On Aug 24, 2016
My main concern
FG won't be able to cope with the backlash of sacked workers [/quote]
Re: CBN Sanctions Nine Banks For Failing To Remit $2.3bn NNPC Funds by Nostradamu(m): 12:15pm On Aug 24, 2016
seunmsg:
United Bank for Africa (UBA) $530m; First Bank of Nigeria (FBN) $469m; Diamond Bank Plc ($287m); Sterling Bank Plc ($269m); Sky Bank Plc ($221m); Fidelity Bank ($209m); Keystone Bank ($139); First City Monument Bank (FCMB) $125m; and Heritage Bank ($85m).

It is so unfortunate that these evil banks would deliberately refuse to remit a whooping $2.3bn in a period of acute forex shortage. Not even the economic challenges of the country or the free for all drop of the Naira could appeal to the conscience and patriotism of the management of these banks to remit this huge amount of money at a period when the country needs all the available dollars that can be gotten. I sincerely hope CBN and other relevant government agencies will impose more stiffer sanctions and punishment against the banks and their collaborators from NNPC.

I LIKE your post...making sense since 500BC. Good job. Short and concise! Really sad that the so-called "un-financial" institutions are messing us up. Little wonder they go hand-in-hand with these piece of turd 'polithievecians'.

GBN
Re: CBN Sanctions Nine Banks For Failing To Remit $2.3bn NNPC Funds by wayray: 12:23pm On Aug 24, 2016
Are u sure Union bank has ended?

Have u been to union bank of recent? pls. visit one of their branches then u will know that ur saying what u dont know..

Businessideas:
Even the new bank,Heritage Bank owned by Senator Saraki is on the list!! shocked shocked
I'm not surprised that GTB isn't on the list. They are presently the most conservative bank and most credible bank in Nigeria. I pray First Bank will not end the same way Union Bank ended
Re: CBN Sanctions Nine Banks For Failing To Remit $2.3bn NNPC Funds by nicolashenin(m): 12:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hello Everybody,

We are Social Media Follower buy real social media followers instant delivery at lowest cost .
If you are interested to brand your business promotion than can contact us.
https://socialmediafollower.com/
Email us : info@socialmediafollower.com

Re: CBN Sanctions Nine Banks For Failing To Remit $2.3bn NNPC Funds by Rogo: 1:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
CBN cannot do this..... do you know the bank involve in this issue

Joke of the year
Re: CBN Sanctions Nine Banks For Failing To Remit $2.3bn NNPC Funds by Unionised(m): 6:03pm On Aug 24, 2016
bellville:
Union bank has re-branded and it's waxing stronger by the day.

Agreed.

But I wanted Mr 'gloomy and clueless' Businessideas to respond.

I expected better from him.
Re: CBN Sanctions Nine Banks For Failing To Remit $2.3bn NNPC Funds by scholag(f): 9:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
greggng:

You can never find my bank in this type of shaddy dealings despite the fact that they re the ultimate bank. By now you suppose know my bank but if u don't know, the name is zennith the ultimate bank

Don't say what you do not know clearly. The big wigs exempted your bank 'Zenith' and some other banks name due to their stakes in those banks. So don't feel your own is holier than the listed. Some banks can't boost of the cream DE LA creams in Nigeria that can move mountains for them like your bank. Try to understand that these DMBs affected can still pay up and CBN will still not stop the very stringent policies they are rolling out on them.
Re: CBN Sanctions Nine Banks For Failing To Remit $2.3bn NNPC Funds by scholag(f): 9:33pm On Aug 24, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

GTB is heavily involved in Saraki's looting spree.

Though, they are still very conservative.

It beats my imagination that Zenith is not among the penalised banks. They are master breaker of all rules. I am sure Emefiele tipped them off.
I salute your sense.. .. LET ANYONE BASH ME and I'll smash 'em
Re: CBN Sanctions Nine Banks For Failing To Remit $2.3bn NNPC Funds by Czzy: 3:52am On Aug 25, 2016
Union Bank is a force to reckon with. They are presently so meticulous in their operation, while making profit with less toxic debt. Really, they should be encouraged.
Re: CBN Sanctions Nine Banks For Failing To Remit $2.3bn NNPC Funds by ceaser: 3:58am On Aug 25, 2016
And on this same issue, Heritage has frantically been trying to reassure her customers. I will take all their reassurances and brags with caution sha.

Re: CBN Sanctions Nine Banks For Failing To Remit $2.3bn NNPC Funds by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 26, 2016
I laugh when people link Saraki to Heritage Bank not knowing he has more stake in GTB. He simply has no business with Heritage Bank.

Only ignorant peeps like Businessidea spill nonsense with so much confidence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash / Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine / CBN Introduces New FOREX Rates, Dollar Now N360 For "Invisibles"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.