Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,680 members, 7,831,108 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Obafemi Blasts Newcastle Players, Docs - Wary Of Owen's Threat - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Obafemi Blasts Newcastle Players, Docs - Wary Of Owen's Threat (588 Views)

Chelsea Vs Newcastle (5 - 1) On 13th February 2015 / Piers Morgan Disses David Beckham, Michael Owen Over PSG Salary To Charity / Breaking News! Manu Buy Micheal Owen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obafemi Blasts Newcastle Players, Docs - Wary Of Owen's Threat by okeey(m): 8:33am On Sep 30, 2009
WOLFSBURG striker, Obafemi Martins has slated his former Newcastle United teammates for not trying hard enough to beat the drop last season.

The Nigerian international said: "I was very happy when the move was completed because Wolfsburg are a team that is on the up with a good group of players.

"Plus, I didn't really want to play in the Championship after experiencing the Premier League." Martins claimed many Magpies stars did not give their all to make sure the club avoided the drop and he revealed Newcastle's docs messed up a hernia op that hit his form.

He added: "In the last season I was injured and I had surgery. They did not do it right. Other players were injured as well and that's why we really went down.

"For me we also didn't try enough to avoid relegation." Meanwhile, the Nigerian striker has identified former teammate Michael Owen as a major threat as the German club faces Manchester United at Old Trafford tonight.

Martins, who joined the reigning Bundesliga champion in July, knows just what Owen can produce and says his new team needs to be wary of the United man’s predatory skills. "Owen is a dangerous player - he can score player - he can score from anywhere in the box,” the Nigerian said.

"For me he is still a great player and I just hope he won't be in form when we play against him in the Champions League." Wolfsburg is coming off a 3-1 home win over CSKA Moscow, while Man Utd scrapped past Besiktas 1-0 in its opening group encounters.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/30092009/news/sports8.html
Re: Obafemi Blasts Newcastle Players, Docs - Wary Of Owen's Threat by ayomidej(f): 3:24pm On Oct 01, 2009
Why is he now complaining, he was part of team and did not pull his weight. smiley
Re: Obafemi Blasts Newcastle Players, Docs - Wary Of Owen's Threat by dipo2much(m): 4:46am On Oct 02, 2009
are you minding the thief? with the wage he earned at n'castle,he had not reason not to bag at least 15 goal in each season. He went to wolfsburg cos they had qualified for CL. Opportunist. I hope he rots on the wolfburg bench.

Grafite and Dzecko Rock

(1) (Reply)

234next - Ronaldo May Miss Tottenham Tie / Chelsea Target Signs New Deal / The Man, Didier Drogba: A Committed And Humble Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.