Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

PDP Gubernatorial Candidate Jegede Visits Deji Of Akure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Gubernatorial Candidate Jegede Visits Deji Of Akure (772 Views)

Ondo Workers Campaign Against Mimiko' Candidate-jegede / An Open Letter To Edo State PDP Gubernatorial Aspirant, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu / PDP Governorship Aspirants Reject Mimiko’s Annointed Candidate, Jegede. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Gubernatorial Candidate Jegede Visits Deji Of Akure by PapaBaby: 9:18am On Aug 24, 2016
In preparation for the November 26 governorship election in Ondo State, the Deji and Paramount Ruler of Akure Kingdom, Oba Ogunlade Aladetoyinbo Aladelusi, has once again restated his commitment to support an Akure man as the next governor of the state.

The monarch stated this while welcoming Mr Eyitayo Jegede, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate into his palace.

Jegede emerged as the gubernatorial candidate of the PDP for the November 26 gubernatorial election after defeating Honourable Saka Lawal at the primaries held at the International Event Centre, Dome, Akure.

Jegede was ushered into the ancient palace of Deji amidst drumming, cheers and wild jubilation by his teeming supporters, including non-indigenes resident in the state, at about 2:35 p.m.

While speaking, Jegede thanked Oba Aladetoyinbo for his support and fatherly role.

I was here at about two weeks ago after my resignation as the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice to inform your majesty of my intention to contest the governorship primaries of our great party, the PDP.

“I remember telling your majesty that I am in the race to win and not just to add to the number. I am happy to inform you and the good people of Akure Kingdom who are here that I have successfully crossed the first hurdle having emerged as the candidate of my party. I am here again to seek your royal blessings and support of the Akure people even as we prepare for the general election,” he said.

http://leaders.ng/?p=4170

Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate Jegede Visits Deji Of Akure by agwom(m): 9:20am On Aug 24, 2016
Power to the people...
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate Jegede Visits Deji Of Akure by PapaBaby: 9:23am On Aug 24, 2016
The only way Tinubu (sorry APC) can win Ondo would be to rig massively with the help of the police, the army and INEC.

1 Like

Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate Jegede Visits Deji Of Akure by Flexherbal(m): 9:28am On Aug 24, 2016
These politicians should leave our traditional rulers out of politics.
Re: PDP Gubernatorial Candidate Jegede Visits Deji Of Akure by PapaBaby: 9:50am On Aug 24, 2016

Eyitayo Olayinka Jegede, Senior Advocate of Nigeria, was born to the family of late Chief Johnson Bosede Jegede, the Odopetu of Isinkan,
Akure, and Mrs Caroline Oluwatola Jegede (nee Asokeji) from Ipele town, in Owo Local Government Area.

Eyitayo Jegede’s late father, Chief J.B Jegede retired from public service of Ondo State in 1982 having joined the service of the Old
Western Region in 1948. He was the Supervisory Councillor for Health in Akure Local Government and Treasurer of the Anglican Diocese of Akure until he discontinued this service on the ground of his failing health. His was a classical example of public service.

Eyitayo Jegede’s grandfather was Chief Gabriel Jegede, a prominent trader during his lifetime. He was the Baba Egbe Onisowo Akure, a
notable merchant dealing in hardwares (heavy equipment, chains, machines etc.), trading between Akure and the coastal areas of the
(then) Western Region. A successful businessman by all standards with his vast residential estate in the heart of Akure township. Till date,
the legacies of his age-long investment are still there for all to see. He was also the treasurer of St. David’s Anglican Church, Ijomu
Akure and the Baba Egbe of the Church.

Eyitayo is the fifth of the seven children of his parents. The eldest is Mrs. Christianah Esho, a retired public servant now resident in
United Kingdom. The second is Mrs. Mojisola Alex-Adedipe, a retired nurse who was also at some point a Supervisory Councilor for Health in the Akure Local Government under Governor Adebayo Adefarati’s government.

The first male child in the family, is Comrade Olugbenga Jegede, a retired public servant and politician. Comrade Gbenga Jegede served as
Chairman of NULGE and Chairman of NLC and was also a Commissioner in the Local Government  Service Commission between 2010 and 2013. He presently serves as the Chairman of Ondo State Sports Council.

(1) (Reply)

Edo Gubernatorial Election, Inconclusive? Predict The Outcome / PHOTOS: Gov Ambode Throws Party For Muslims In Lagos / BREAKING: MTN: Senate Indicts Buhari’s Minister, Stanbic IBTC, Diamond & Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.