Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam (3579 Views)

MTN New Cheap Data Plans (Photo) / GLO New Cheap Data Plans & Prices (2GB For N1,000) / The Return Of The Cheap Airtel Night Unlimited Data Plans In Different Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by teewhydope(m): 12:51pm On Aug 24, 2016
received this god forsaken msg yesterday thinking airtel is finally making sense, later went to go and recharge 1k and to my amazement the 1k vanished tho i was given 6k bonus.

later called the customer care and what the dumb guy had to say about the new development was that the actual money was converted to the bonus unlike before where your 1k will still be intact and u will receive useless free airtel credit plus free 1gb data

finally dumping airtel for good undecided

1 Like

Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by Dullahi(m): 12:56pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hard luck.. Do some research next time before spending your hard earned money.
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by Petersamuel8(m): 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2016
Its ur fault you used *555# to recharge you should have use the normal code
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by teewhydope(m): 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
Petersamuel8:

like i wrote in the post, using *555# before gives free data + airtime so i thought theyve improved the offer

1 Like

Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by temmyt20(m): 8:47pm On Aug 24, 2016
U abusing airtel...I av no issues wth dat, but why abuse a customer care associate who was doing his job....#informing u abt d change in plan. D guy gave u d right information, u ar abusing him, had it been he told u he had no information at d moment, u go stl abuse him. Pple just come to nl and start writing trash, #no offense....ehen, d cc guy does not kno anything, he is dis, he is dat. In a telecommunication company, they act based on official mail, even if as a cc associate, i kno a product or service is trending on social media, i must not communicate it to u unless i receive an official mail telling me to. its nt always d cc associates fault... he is just acting based on instructions, so as nt to end up been jobless at d long run. we al know airtel is always sugar coating their offers, u received an sms about change in service, u cld av easily called to kno if there was any T&C attached. all it would av cost u is, ur time and phone battery. Quit nagging please #no offense

2 Likes

Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by teewhydope(m): 11:17pm On Aug 24, 2016
temmyt20:
U abusing airtel...I av no issues wth dat, but why abuse a customer care associate who was doing his job....#informing u abt d change in plan. D guy gave u d right information, u ar abusing him, had it been he told u he had no information at d moment, u go stl abuse him. Pple just come to nl and start writing trash, #no offense....ehen, d cc guy does not kno anything, he is dis, he is dat. In a telecommunication company, they act based on official mail, even if as a cc associate, i kno a product or service is trending on social media, i must not communicate it to u unless i receive an official mail telling me to. its nt always d cc associates fault... he is just acting based on instructions, so as nt to end up been jobless at d long run. we al know airtel is always sugar coating their offers, u received an sms about change in service, u cld av easily called to kno if there was any T&C attached. all it would av cost u is, ur time and phone battery. Quit nagging please #no offense

ok...he actually acted dumb during our conversation and u dont expect me to write it here just to verify my claim.

next time just dont dive into conclusion on what you have little or no knowledge about. goodluck
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by Nkonadi(m): 12:24am On Aug 25, 2016
teewhydope:

ok...he actually acted dumb during our conversation and u dont expect me to write it here just to verify my claim.

next time just dont dive into conclusion on what you have little or no knowledge about. goodluck

Oga, what he said is the truth.. Since you cant write it here, is he a ghost to know how he acted dumb to you? Insulting the customer care is really uncalled for...
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by teewhydope(m): 12:52am On Aug 25, 2016
Nkonadi:

Oga, what he said is the truth.. Since you cant write it here, is he a ghost to know how he acted dumb to you? [b]Insulting[/b]the customer care is really uncalled for...

called someone dumb cause he couldnt answer simple questions thrown at him and you call that insult. only a dictionary can help u in this situation

smh
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by Chuksteric(m): 3:31am On Aug 25, 2016
So if I use that code I can't subscribe again? As in there won't be a main balance?
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by xreal: 4:07am On Aug 25, 2016
teewhydope:
received this god forsaken msg yesterday thinking airtel is finally making sense, later went to go and recharge 1k and to my amazement the 1k vanished tho i was given 6k bonus.

later called the customer care and what the dumb guy had to say about the new development was that the actual money was converted to the bonus unlike before where your 1k will still be intact and u will receive useless free airtel credit plus free 1gb data

thanks for the info, I got same message from them.

I will not try loading with *555*....# anymore, na God save me.

1k?
I for cry ooo oooo grin
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by temmyt20(m): 7:13am On Aug 25, 2016
teewhydope:

if only u knew what dis customer associate guys go through.... u wnt talk lik dat...nd by d way, i dnt talk abt what i dnt kno...my point is, d 111/121 help line is always available, once u receive any SUGAR COATED sms frm airtel, just call CC to kno d terms and condition... simple
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 25, 2016
d funny thing is that Airtel didn't even tell us about the change in plan been loading for 3 days now n my airtime keeps disappearing
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by pappyG: 8:14am On Aug 25, 2016
cool
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by teewhydope(m): 8:42am On Aug 25, 2016
Chuksteric:
So if I use that code I can't subscribe again? As in there won't be a main balance?

yes...its just like using your airtime to buy another airtime from them cheesy
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by Nkonadi(m): 11:07am On Aug 25, 2016
teewhydope:

called someone dumb cause he couldnt answer simple questions thrown at him and you call that insult. only a dictionary can help u in this situation

smh

You wanna go there??
Okay...

insult
verb
1. speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse.
noun
1. a disrespectful or scornfully abusive remark or act.
2. an event which causes damage to a tissue or organ.

Taking the first noun, I believe you now understand that calling him dumb is an insult.. If you dont understand by now, I leave you to your delusion....
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by francis247(m): 11:16am On Aug 25, 2016
teewhydope:

Why didn't you ask them to reverse it?
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by teewhydope(m): 11:41am On Aug 25, 2016
francis247:
Why didn't you ask them to reverse it?

they said its irreversible
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by teewhydope(m): 11:51am On Aug 25, 2016
Nkonadi:

You wanna go there??
Okay...

Taking the first noun, I believe you now understand that calling him dumb is an insult.. If you dont understand by now, I leave you to your delusion....

i used it as an adjective not a verb undecided you need to grab an english textbook from the bookstore one of these days u know wink

Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by Dygeasy(m): 12:26pm On Aug 25, 2016
teewhydope:

i used it as an adjective not a verb undecided you need to grab an english textbook from the bookstore one of these days u know wink
teewhydope:
You called him a dumb guy outrightly.

There's a difference between these sentences;

1. He is a deaf person.

2. I talked to him, he acted deaf.

So you're the one who needs the textbook, Brighter grammar in English Language. embarassed
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:58pm On Aug 25, 2016
Petersamuel8:

There were happy you did...
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by arsenic33(m): 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2016
chai!!! I saw my period today ooo....... I recharge #500 hoping to get 3k bonus plus my #500 still intact. but the #500 vanished to thin air.... the 3k bonus i use to make call was charged at 80kobo/second... the thunder wey go strike their mast still dey jog
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by teewhydope(m): 4:42pm On Aug 25, 2016
Dygeasy:
You called him a dumb guy outrightly.

There's a difference between these sentences;

1. He is a deaf person.

2. I talked to him, he acted deaf.

So you're the one who needs the textbook, Brighter grammar in English Language. embarassed

smh
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by DAramis: 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2016
arsenic33:
chai!!! I saw my period today ooo....... I recharge #500 hoping to get 3k bonus plus my #500 still intact. but the #500 vanished to thin air.... the 3k bonus i use to make call was charged at 80kobo/second... the thunder wey go strike their mast still dey jog

God have mercy.

Bro, the call you made, is it to heaven for airtel to charge you such exorbitant rate?
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by Namzy(m): 5:35pm On Aug 25, 2016
@op check your balance with *123#
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by pappyG: 8:23pm On Aug 25, 2016
cool
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by arsenic33(m): 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2016
[quote author=DAramis post=48795625]

God have mercy.

Bro, the call you made, is it to heaven for airtel to charge you such exorbitant rate? [/quote
I surprise oooo..... just because of stupid 600℅ Bonus
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by arsenic33(m): 9:52pm On Aug 25, 2016
DAramis:

God have mercy.

Bro, the call you made, is it to heaven for airtel to charge you such exorbitant rate?

Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by ericsimons18: 10:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
Truth be told ... airtel is the worse network in Nigeria , they have the worse cutomer care agents ( so fukn rude ), bad network reception, on top of all that they still steal your money .... unfuckn believable ..
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by directonpc(m): 6:48am On Aug 26, 2016
I experienced the same thing. Time to dump airtel... The biggest scam network on the universe.
Re: Dont Fall For This New Cheap "Airtel" Scam by kingreign(m): 7:34am On Aug 26, 2016
I've loaded and lost 3GB twice in 8days just by patronizing Airtel ng, how can one load and activate 3GB, in four days it get exhausted just by running my emails, WhatsApp, some websites and nairaland, loaded another and same occurs?
Airtel is a fraudulent network provider with poor customer care service personnel. its unfortunate that Glo Ng is a very slow and unreliable network.

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Review: Finally, This Phone Is Mad Gan! / Grand Theft Auto: San Andreasmobile Coming This December / How Long Does Tecno W5 Lite Battery Last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.