Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Omotowa: How Nigeria, Six Other Oil Producers Failed To Save For Rainy Day - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omotowa: How Nigeria, Six Other Oil Producers Failed To Save For Rainy Day (1908 Views)

Recession: Governors Frustrated Us From Saving For Rainy Day – Obasanjo / Photo: When You Return To Nigeria Six Years After / Tony Attah Is NLNG New CEO As Omotowa Bows Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotowa: How Nigeria, Six Other Oil Producers Failed To Save For Rainy Day by Jayceo(m): 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
Re: Omotowa: How Nigeria, Six Other Oil Producers Failed To Save For Rainy Day by Jayceo(m): 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2016
shukuokukobambl:

My dear friend, fvck APC and Buhari if you like. I'm less concerned about them in this matter.

You're dancing around the question. You made a mistake and it's easier to own up than all this dancing. You said OBJ cleared our debts. Yes i agree.

You said OBJ didn't save. No i disagree

If he didn't leave savings for Yaradua, how did Soludo defend the naira from the global financial meltdown? Even Soludo himself mentioned this in his article against NOI and GEJ last year

So is leaving money in our reserves what you consisder as saving?

Obj left money in the reserves like he is meant to do

Same did Yaradua

Same did GEJ , he left $26 billion
UBEC fund of 50 billion Naira,
Excess crude account that was initially used to bail out some states when buhari came in.

But would you call these savings
Did anyone create a Fund Specifically for thr rainy day, NO!

It was Okonjo Iwealas Idea to start SWF for the rainy day but , fashola, Amaechi, Kwankwanso etc jeopardized it.

Obasanjo didn't save for the rainy days, he left funds in the coffers like every president would do, he didn't initiate any fund like PTF of those days or SWF for the rainy day and this is where I am coming from

2 Likes

Re: Omotowa: How Nigeria, Six Other Oil Producers Failed To Save For Rainy Day by shukuokukobambl: 6:42pm On Aug 24, 2016
Jayceo:

So is leaving money in our reserves what you consisder as saving?

Obj left money in the reserves like he is meant to do

Same did Yaradua

Same did GEJ , he left $26 billion
UBEC fund of 50 billion Naira,
Excess crude account that was initially used to bail out some states when buhari came in.

But would you call these savings
Did anyone create a Fund Specifically for thr rainy day, NO!

It was Okonjo Iwealas Idea to start SWF for the rainy day but , fashola, Amaechi, Kwankwanso etc jeopardized it.

Obasanjo didn't save for the rainy days, he left funds in the coffers like every president would do, he didn't initiate any fund like PTF of those days or SWF for the rainy day and this is where I am coming from

Ok.

However the point i'm making is that if our reserves were so robust that Soludo spent $18B or so to defend the naira against the global meltdown of 2008, then it makes sense to believe that a similar scenario could at least served as a buffer to hold us while we seek other ways to help ourselves

1 Like

Re: Omotowa: How Nigeria, Six Other Oil Producers Failed To Save For Rainy Day by DabuIIIT: 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2016
shukuokukobambl:

Thanks for confirming that my brother is a strong somebody cheesy

Why is it so difficult to give us a link that shows the court judgment you all have been holding as the culprit? was it a court in heaven?

Tell me the court that ordered GEJ to share the money and i'll keep quiet about this matter
keep on waiting, i pray u dont blame gej when u are 70 with nothing to show
grin
Re: Omotowa: How Nigeria, Six Other Oil Producers Failed To Save For Rainy Day by Jayceo(m): 6:50pm On Aug 24, 2016
shukuokukobambl:

Ok.

However the point i'm making is that if our reserves were so robust that Soludo spent $18B or so to defend the naira against the global meltdown of 2008, then it makes sense to believe that a similar scenario could at least served as a buffer to hold us while we seek other ways to help ourselves

Thats not correct.
Buharis team isn't as solid as the team of '08
Re: Omotowa: How Nigeria, Six Other Oil Producers Failed To Save For Rainy Day by shukuokukobambl: 6:50pm On Aug 24, 2016
DabuIIIT:

grin

Just as you'll blame Buhari till you get into your grave for your obviously wasted and failed life cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Omotowa: How Nigeria, Six Other Oil Producers Failed To Save For Rainy Day by shukuokukobambl: 6:51pm On Aug 24, 2016
Jayceo:

Thats not correct.
Buharis team isn't as solid as the team of '08

What isn't correct? when did we start comparing teams or am i missing anything?

1 Like

Re: Omotowa: How Nigeria, Six Other Oil Producers Failed To Save For Rainy Day by machinery1: 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2016
betterABIAstate:
blame amaechi, fashola and kwankwaso who took jonathan to court to share the excess crude oil savings when thwy were governors

Customized, What about the 51% share of the FG?

1 Like

Re: Omotowa: How Nigeria, Six Other Oil Producers Failed To Save For Rainy Day by machinery1: 7:03pm On Aug 24, 2016
DabuIIIT:

grin

Coming from a coward that had to clone a nairalanders handle to spew his hate. You are not even bold to use your own moniker, trolls like you amuse me.

1 Like

Re: Omotowa: How Nigeria, Six Other Oil Producers Failed To Save For Rainy Day by DabuIIIT: 7:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
machinery1:

Coming from a coward that had to clone a nairalanders handle to spew his hate. You are not even bold to use your own moniker, trolls like you amuse me.
ZOOGERIAN AMUaZING SPIDERMAN. HAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA..
Re: Omotowa: How Nigeria, Six Other Oil Producers Failed To Save For Rainy Day by machinery1: 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2016
DabuIIIT:

ZOOGERIAN AMUaZING SPIDERMAN. HAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

Loudmouthed Ipob tout.

1 Like

Re: Omotowa: How Nigeria, Six Other Oil Producers Failed To Save For Rainy Day by DabuIIIT: 7:12pm On Aug 24, 2016
machinery1:

Loudmouthed Ipob tout.
alamdi apere afonja lolssss
Re: Omotowa: How Nigeria, Six Other Oil Producers Failed To Save For Rainy Day by machinery1: 7:13pm On Aug 24, 2016
DabuIIIT:

alamdi apere afonja lolssss

Coward osu ipob druggie.

1 Like

Re: Omotowa: How Nigeria, Six Other Oil Producers Failed To Save For Rainy Day by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2016
Mylove55:
so u are stil a kid, no wonder u join ipods insulting pmb who is working tirelessly to remove us from d mess ineffectual buffoon and pdp put us over the years. God bless pmb
Wow matured lady
First and foremost Am not an 'IPOB" member and secondly I'dont usually insult your Uncle buhari And Moreover if you are actually matured ( though your comment clearly states otherwise) you'll notice that 'my comment that you quoted is not in support of PDP as you claim. Wait why am i even explaining, Am sure you didnt even read through what the OP posted. Well if you'll let me, i got better things doing.
Take care of yourself matured mummy
Re: Omotowa: How Nigeria, Six Other Oil Producers Failed To Save For Rainy Day by mikolo80: 6:27am On Aug 26, 2016
betterABIAstate:
blame amaechi, fashola and kwankwaso who took jonathan to court to share the excess crude oil savings when thwy were governors
so via Stella and dizzy will get more money to loot ba
Re: Omotowa: How Nigeria, Six Other Oil Producers Failed To Save For Rainy Day by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 26, 2016
Mr Omotowa is wrong on Norway. They have two funds for stabilization with one being a petroleum surplus fund. The country has managed to save a few trillion or so krone(nearly 873billion USD) through this channel. Their fund is as big as Abu Dhabi's. Iraq has had a shaky past fifteen years with the north and south oil companies there lacking coordination and planning.
In fact to cut it short the dunce hat goes to Nigeria and Venezuela. Lol. No need talking too much. Afterall Nigeria is what should concern us.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch Nnamdi Kanu Interview On Sahara Tv / There’s A Connection Between Polygamy, Poverty, Terrorism – Emir Of Kano / Viral Pix Of Nnamdi Kanu As An Infant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.