Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,689 members, 7,862,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:06 AM

You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari (1562 Views)

Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant / BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Seeks Emergency Powers To Tackle Economy / Ipob Replies Obong Attah : You Are Clueless,remember Philip Effiong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by Benikuuse(m): 6:13pm On Aug 24, 2016
Kamarudeen Ogundele, Ado Ekiti The Peoples Democratic Party in Ekiti State has criticised President Muhammadu Buhari for seeking emergency powers from the National Assembly to manage the economy. The party said it was a “clear manifestation of the clueless and confused nature” of the people at the helm of affairs. It also noted that such an “embarrassing and authoritarian demand” was an indication that the ruling All Progressives Congress is incapable of delivering on its promises and is therefore seeking excuses for its poor performance. The party also said Buhari’s demand was one of the ways APC seeks to hold Nigerians by the jugular, using state powers. The PDP, in a statement by its state Publicity Secretary, Mr. Jackson Adebayo, in Ado Ekiti on Wednesday, said, “Is it not dastardly for the President to say he is seeking emergency powers for his administration to handle the economy? “Then, what are the duties of those in the Finance Ministry and other sectors involved in the day-to-day management of the economy? If they are unproductive, why not send them away?” The party noted that the present situation also happened in the Second Republic when most of the states then used to receive zero allocation from the Federal Government. “The president then didn’t throw away the constitution to solve the problem; but rather constituted proactive economic team that brought the situation under control before the then General Muhammadu Buhari overthrew the government and dismantled the process, fostering hardship on Nigerians. While calling on the people to reject any attempt to turn the country into a republic where tyranny and dictatorship would reign supreme, PDP advised the Federal Government to return to the drawing board and seek protection from the constitution, rather than looking for a shortcut that would “bastardise democratic norms and tenets.”
source: www.punchng.com
Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by CHOPUP411(m): 6:19pm On Aug 24, 2016
grin
Clueless is a sin

2 Likes

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by TheFreeOne: 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
If Buhari cannot deliver within our extant laws he should resign.

No emergency power can save a clueless man who's not willing to change his statist mindset but keeps expecting to be spoon-fed before realizing the need for change of failed policies.

This is not the age for analogue minded leaders/tyrants and incompetent economic teams.

3 Likes

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by agwom(m): 6:29pm On Aug 24, 2016
ok
Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by temitemi1(m): 6:30pm On Aug 24, 2016
The fool want to turn himself to Idi Amin of Nigeria. Useless President ever liveth.

4 Likes

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by Nasa28(m): 6:42pm On Aug 24, 2016
so the normal power couldn't save the economy, now all he asks for is emergency powers.....

Biko you guys should give it to him to avoid Complain by Lai Mohammed.

4 Likes

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by Sunnymatey(m): 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2016
As gud citizens of this con3, wat more can we do to restore hope after we fasted, prayed, wailed, criticized, correct our leaders and yet things seems to be going frm bad to worse.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by rusher14: 6:50pm On Aug 24, 2016
The joke is on you for not understanding what he needs.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by Nasa28(m): 6:52pm On Aug 24, 2016
rusher14:
The joke is on you for not understanding what he needs.

pls I do not understand what he needs.

pls help me out if u do

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by rusher14: 6:56pm On Aug 24, 2016
Nasa28:

pls I do not understand what he needs.

pls help me out if u do

I hope you aren't being cynical but I'll try.

Due to certain provisions in our constitution the states cannot access funds which are simply idling away.

They need the national assembly to deliberate on them which is an unnecessary bottleneck.

The president is saying do away with this bottleneck so states can access these funds.

Please don't take my word for it. Read up on it.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by pointstores(m): 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2016
talk is cheap
Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by AZeD1(m): 7:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
rusher14:

I hope you aren't being cynical but I'll try.

Due to certain provisions in our constitution the states cannot access funds which are simply idling away.

They need the national assembly to deliberate on them which is an unnecessary bottleneck.

The president is saying do away with this bottleneck so states can access these funds.

Please don't take my word for it. Read up on it.
In continuation of the above, there are some projects that would take at least 6 months before it can be initiated because of certain laws, the President is saying change or remove those clause so that projects/ contacts can be awarded faster.

1 Like

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by tundexijim(m): 7:10pm On Aug 24, 2016
Useless opposition. Everything the president seeks bothers on the economy. I don't know what's too difficult to do to save the economy. I don't see where the president is asking for power to jail without passing through the court or kill anyone guilty of an offense.. .

1 Like

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by jlinkd78(m): 7:25pm On Aug 24, 2016
f
Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by NextGovernor(m): 7:35pm On Aug 24, 2016
AZeD1:

In continuation of the above, there are some projects that would take at least 6 months before it can be initiated because of certain laws, the President is saying change or remove those clause so that projects/ contacts can be awarded faster.

State Governors are working and were delivery some of there promise in less than 1 year what stops Federal Government from doing same?

When they were promising to kick the ground running they never understood how things work or what? They are trying to create another scene to heep the blames on Senators after there failure ...

This government is just gambling and doing try and error with 160 millions citizens.

4 Likes

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by Ajibel(m): 7:43pm On Aug 24, 2016
My problem is this. Is it that people don't understand what the FG is proposing with the bill?

Again, this bill is in draft and is being worked on by the vice president who is the leader of the economic team and not the president, so why all this mindless attacks on the person of the president?

I think most of those against the contents of the bill are simply against it either because they didnt read it or they read but didnt understand what they read.

I say this because those opposing the bill havent raised a point from the bill and give reasons as to why they disagree. All they've been saying has been about Buhari's past and all other BS.

3 Likes

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by Hiploko(m): 7:50pm On Aug 24, 2016
AZeD1:

how did the past governments do theirs? Or is the law recent? No end to the excuses! Smh

3 Likes

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by popez: 8:13pm On Aug 24, 2016
[quote author=Nasa28 post=48769905]so the normal power couldn't save the economy, now all he asks for is emergency powers.....

Biko you guys should give it to him to avoid Complain by Lai Mohammed

So we should make Buhari a dictator just to satisfy Lai's stupid yearnings and to avoid his useless rants? Are you okay?
Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by AZeD1(m): 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2016
NextGovernor:

State Governors are working and were delivery some of there promise in less than 1 year what stops Federal Government from doing same?

When they were promising to kick the ground running they never understood how things work or what? They are trying to create another scene after there failure to heep the blames on Senators...

This government is just gambling and doing try and error with 160 millions citizens.
I have tried to make sense of your post but I can't.

State governments? Seriously?
Learn to comprehend issues before you comment.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by AZeD1(m): 8:39pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ajibel:
My problem is this. Is it that people don't understand what the FG is proposing with the bill?

Again, this bill is in draft and is being worked on by the vice president who is the leader of the economic team and not the president, so why all this mindless attacks on the person of the president?

I think most of those against the contents of the bill are simply against it either because they didnt read it or they read but didnt understand what they read.

I say this because those opposing the bill havent raised a point from the bill and give reasons as to why they disagree. All they've been saying has been about Buhari's past and all other BS.
The problem with Nigeria is not the government, it's the illiterates who are just too much for one nation.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by AZeD1(m): 8:41pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hiploko:
how did the past governments do theirs? Or is the law recent? No end to the excuses! Smh
Your ignorance is beyond redemption, I can't help you.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by tribalistseun: 8:46pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ajibel:

Oga shut up and say what you know zombie. Are you a senator? Have you gotten the full content of the bill. Is it nairaland that rejected the bill, is it not his fellow APC members in the house that said they will reject the bill. Why are you doing I too know on nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by Ajibel(m): 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2016
tribalistseun:
Oga shut up and say what you know zombie. Are you a senator? Have you gotten the full content of the bill. Is it nairaland that rejected the bill, is it not his fellow APC members in the house that said they will reject the bill. Why are you doing I too know on nairaland.

Yes sir. I would shut up my mouth sir and say no more sir. You know better than a zombie (as you called me) like me. Bye sir.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by senatorbayor(m): 8:50pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ajibel:

This is the area the minister of information and all media aides of the president and govt should have come up to educate the masses on the importance of the bill to avoid misrepresentations but alas! They are failing and leave the people to guess either wrongly or rightly .

More reasons I won't blame those who are opposing the bills cos govt has kept the people in the dark.
If a policy is for the good of the people, Govt should be glad to give details about it and what the people and the govt stands to gain as well

1 Like

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by Ajibel(m): 8:54pm On Aug 24, 2016
AZeD1:

The problem with Nigeria is not the government, it's the illiterates who are just too much for one nation.

Is it just illiteracy? I think it also includes the hatred being shown towards this government.

I mean a bill still in its draft that has been applauded by economic experts, Lagos state chamber of commerce and industry LCCI, some top lawyers and the Manufacturers association of Nigeria, is what some low lifes here on NL and silly opposition are against is just so shocking.

I don't know that people can be educated and still sound like an illiterate because some of those that I have seen oppose the bill look and sound educated.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by Ajibel(m): 9:00pm On Aug 24, 2016
senatorbayor:

This is the area the minister of information and all media aides of the president and govt should have come up to educate the masses on the importance of the bill to avoid misrepresentations but alas! They are failing and leave the people to guess either wrongly or rightly .

More reasons I won't blame those who are opposing the bills cos govt has kept the people in the dark.
If a policy is for the good of the people, Govt should be glad to give details about it and what the people and the govt stands to gain as well

You are very right on this. But let's also recollect in the opening statement from the original publication that carried this news that this bill is still a draft and is yet to be presented to the President and forwarded to the Federal executive committee. What this shows is that someone has leaked this information to the public prematurely.

If this bill has been approved by the executive, we expect that the Min. of Information come to public and address and educate the public on the contents of the bill. But since that is not the case, I don't think the information minister can say much on it.

I'll wait till this bill has been finalised by the executive and forwarded to Nass for onward consideration and approval before dissecting the bill any further.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by AZeD1(m): 9:04pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ajibel:

I don't know that people can be educated and still sound like an illiterate because some of those that I have seen oppose the bill look and sound educated.
I can bet most of them have never read the bill or they don't have an idea.

PS: you should try flask, way better then Django

2 Likes

Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by Ajibel(m): 9:14pm On Aug 24, 2016
AZeD1:

I can bet most of them have never read the bill or they don't have an idea.

PS: you should try flask, way better then Django

That's more likely the case.

PS: Flask ko Bottle ni grin I have read Flask v Django and Django v Cherrypie debates online and Django has had the edge. I tested web2py, cherrypie and Django before I settled for django. So it's django all the way wink
Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by rusher14: 9:45pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hiploko:

They were quite successful weren't they?
Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by yaki84: 10:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
AZeD1:

is ur family members part of the numerous illiterates?
Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by 4wrd9ja: 10:20pm On Aug 24, 2016
typing.....
Re: You Are Clueless Seeking For Emergency Powers - Ekiti PDP To Buhari by jacksonPolloc(m): 11:20pm On Aug 24, 2016
name ur son Buhari and that is called Patriotism but name ur dog Buhari and that becomes treason
APSHEET

(1) (2) (Reply)

41 Niger Delta Militants Out Of 42 Die On Their Way To Army Base / Photos : Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today / Photos From White Wedding Of Ali Modu Sheriff's Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.