Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

SOS: Tales Of Deplorable Roads, Robberies By Residents Of Irawo/ Bako Estate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SOS: Tales Of Deplorable Roads, Robberies By Residents Of Irawo/ Bako Estate (546 Views)

Hassan Bako Dumps APC, Defects To PDP / Deplorable State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway During Heavy Downpour / Deplorable State Of Enugu-onitsha Federal Road (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SOS: Tales Of Deplorable Roads, Robberies By Residents Of Irawo/ Bako Estate by InsideMainland: 6:44pm On Aug 24, 2016
Residents of Bako Estate, Owode Ajegunle have cried out on the deplorable state of their roads and the consistent robbery attack they experience. Majority of the roads linking the community such as Ondo Street, Igbajo, Bola Kazeem, Adekeye, Thomas Laniyan and more are nothing to write home about.

Also the incessant robbery attacks from hoodlums who break into homes to loot has not helped the situation as residents confirmed that a robbery incident occurred last Saturday at the Idiagbon end of Bako Estate where a house was robbed in the early hours of 3am and 5am. The residents were robbed of laptops, mobile gadgets, money, and other valuables.

While addressing the state of security in the community, the Chairman of Unity CDA Bako Estate, Mr. Babatope Abu told InsideMainland that “we are doing our best to ensure the safety of lives and properties in the estate. Before now, we have security men working around the estate but we have added another 3 officers to ensure proper security for residents. The Police officers attached to the Thomas station are also doing a good job to ensure the perpetrators are brought to book.”

Commenting on the deplorable state of the roads, he said “It appears to me that it is pure neglect on the part of the government. The community CDA had contacted the government through the Ministry of works on different occasions but we are yet to get a result. The community has spent a lot to get stones and other materials to fill parts of the road to ensure it’s motorable.”

For Taiwo Bako, another community leader who is also a landlord in the area, “I haven’t used my car for 3 months because the roads are a nightmare once it rains. The last time government officials came to the community, they promised to fix the roads but till now, nothing has been done.”

While corroborating the chairman on security in the estate, Taiwo said “security starts from the individual and those in the surroundings. I would advise we remain vigilant always because the Police and estate security can only do their best from the little information we give them.”

For more shocking pictures http://insidemainland.com/2016/08/23/sos-tales-deplorable-roads-robbery-residents-irawo-bako-estate/

Re: SOS: Tales Of Deplorable Roads, Robberies By Residents Of Irawo/ Bako Estate by agwom(m): 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ok
Re: SOS: Tales Of Deplorable Roads, Robberies By Residents Of Irawo/ Bako Estate by Inspectahdeck(m): 7:22pm On Aug 24, 2016
A little effort from people in this estate will also help them.

Looking towards the government (Our government don't care) when they can buy broken block. We do same in my area so what are they waiting for?

(1) (Reply)

Okowa’s Convoy Crushes Man To Death, Injures Journalists / Who Destroyed Nigeria, Pdp, Apc, ... Or People?" / I Fear No Juju, Gov Badaru React To Ondo Primary Election Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.