Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,561 members, 7,823,483 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) (33081 Views)

FG Orders Commencement Of Work On Calabar-Itu Road(pics) / The Deplorable Condition Of Calabar-itu Road (photos) / Julius Berger And RCC Have Started Work On Lagos-ibadan Expressway (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by legendte(m): 9:06am On Aug 25, 2016
Oasis007:
grin

It's GEJ Project! He'd thought about it before PMB comes to Power!

Someone was even asking for Drainage..... on the Nigeria Expressway?!

Wailers won't stop disappointing!!!

Nigeria has no future with people like you.
What is wrong in asking for a high standard road in the country? What is the use of drainage? I am sure of two things, either you have not travelled beyond your locality or you are an ignorant not to know that drainage is required anywhere necessary irrespective of the road.

We have to insist on quality or nothing. Some of Mbakwes works are still stronger than the recent shambles put in place by Rochas in Imo state.

someone asked for drainage and the supposed wise man is mocking him.

spits

1 Like

Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 25, 2016
Media government as usual. Construct #1m worth of road and spend #10m on useless publicity.
Anyway, that's their headache. Make your own money and worry less about their failures. Check my signature and do the needful.

1 Like

Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by EVENTSPRO: 9:15am On Aug 25, 2016
United States of Nigeria I hail thee
Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by Pidggin(f): 9:18am On Aug 25, 2016
I commend the government for looking into this but it's obvious that this road will not last beyond 1 year. This is too bad
Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by permanentgrace(m): 9:21am On Aug 25, 2016
OP, those are your fabricated pictures, now let me upload the true state of the road in pictures. Note: the Akwa Ibom part of the road is to some extent manageable, but once you reach the Cross River state part, you get seriously stuck as the road still remains impassable. A journey of 1-hour from Calabar to Uyo or conversely now takes 10 or more hours because of hold up as tankers and trailers/trucks fall indescriminately along the road. Photos speak.

2 Likes

Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by kunle75(m): 9:25am On Aug 25, 2016
Inspectahdeck:
No drainage

Why can't we do a prefect job in this country?

Well, easy movement for locals.

Bro this is inter state road and makes no economic sense to provide drainage in such area as most of such area are non-habitant

1 Like

Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by Reference(m): 9:31am On Aug 25, 2016
Oasis007:
grin

It's GEJ Project! He'd thought about it before PMB comes to Power!

Someone was even asking for Drainage..... on the Nigeria Expressway?!

Wailers won't stop disappointing!!!

Just shut it if you know nothing about roads or that particular road. For your information that road has been worked on at various locations over the past five years. It is a difficult road to maintain because large sections are regularly flooded during the rainy season. The road passes through the Itu basin which is effectively below sea levels due to the surrounding hills. For that road rehabilitation to last drainage channels are mandatory so stop talking rubbish. I passed there twice last week. The job is being handled by 3 Basse and the work is no different from what Sermatech and the rest have been doing, very poor. Just dumping stones into the failed sections and running stone base over. Can that last more than a year. Abegi.

1 Like

Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by Reference(m): 9:38am On Aug 25, 2016
Strategically, if the governments wants to link the capitals of Rivers, Akwa-Ibom and Cross-Rivers it should complete the East-West Highway by linking Oron to Calabar instead of the Israelite wilderness journey presently. Or encourage the establishment of ferry companies to move passengers and cargo from Oron to Calabar.

1 Like

Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by hopilo: 9:51am On Aug 25, 2016
I pass this road yesterday ooooo, lies no good ooooo. road is terribly bad don't know how they got this pictures oooo when I spent 9hours on that road ooooo.hmmmmmm God dey oooooo

1 Like

Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by LorDBolton(m): 10:20am On Aug 25, 2016
Mynd44:

I dont know that area but most inter-state roads that go through non-inhabitated places dont have drainages as it makes no sense really. The water can just flow into the Bush/forest around the road and percolation happens

I tire for the guy o... you should not have educated him at all didn't he go to school ( his reasoning should be better)

Even in american movies you can't see drains constructed on roads in the middle of nowhere.

As for this job I feel (if they serious) then some portions need to be constructed using concrete.

All this surface covering cannot handle the weight of trucks for long b4 pot holes start appearing.

What is worth doing @ all is worth doing well.

1 Like

Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by LorDBolton(m): 10:27am On Aug 25, 2016
legendte:

Nigeria has no future with people like you.
What is wrong in asking for a high standard road in the country? What is the use of drainage? I am sure of two things, either you have not travelled beyond your locality or you are an ignorant not to know that drainage is required anywhere necessary irrespective of the road.

We have to insist on quality or nothing. Some of Mbakwes works are still stronger than the recent shambles put in place by Rochas in Imo state.

someone asked for drainage and the supposed wise man is mocking him.

spits

Oga don't be ignorant drains on such roads are abnormal...Where's the drain leading to? And how much will be spent on clearing the drains (so the usual naija habit of throwing things out the window & grasses don't block it?)

What they do is lift the road instead so the water flows into the forests.

Stop rationalising the guys ignorance...

3 Likes

Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by deliveryboy: 10:46am On Aug 25, 2016
Mynd44:

I dont know that area but most inter-state roads that go through non-inhabitated places dont have drainages as it makes no sense really. The water can just flow into the Bush/forest around the road and percolation happens
Great response, I didn't know anyone would ask for drainage on interstate highways.

2 Likes

Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by arsenic33(m): 11:18am On Aug 25, 2016
some sections of the road have drainage.... it'll be difficult to build drainages along all section of the road due to the terrain

1 Like

Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:31am On Aug 25, 2016
Estimable:

That road has a life span of at most 2 yrs, and it will be worse than before.
Side drains is a necessity.
Even interstate roads abroad do not have side drains as there is no use of it really. I personally can't stand Myndd44 but his reasons are quite valid.

1 Like

Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by photoshoot(m): 11:58am On Aug 25, 2016
Reference:

Just shut it if you know nothing about roads or that particular road. For your information that road has been worked on at various locations over the past five years. It is a difficult road to maintain because large sections are regularly flooded during the rainy season. The road passes through the Itu basin which is effectively below sea levels due to the surrounding hills. For that road rehabilitation to last drainage channels are mandatory so stop talking rubbish. I passed there twice last week. The job is being handled by 3 Basse and the work is no different from what Sermatech and the rest have been doing, very poor. Just dumping stones into the failed sections and running stone base over. Can that last more than a year. Abegi.

hopilo:
I pass this road yesterday ooooo, lies no good ooooo. road is terribly bad don't know how they got this pictures oooo when I spent 9hours on that road ooooo.hmmmmmm God dey oooooo

In order to discredit Buharis government, they end up spilling lies upon lies upon lies! Ish undecided

1 Like

Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by legendte(m): 12:55pm On Aug 25, 2016
LorDBolton:

Oga don't be ignorant drains on such roads are abnormal...Where's the drain leading to? And how much will be spent on clearing the drains (so the usual naija habit of throwing things out the window & grasses don't block it?)

What they do is lift the road instead so the water flows into the forests.

Stop rationalising the guys ignorance...
You are the one rationalising your ignorance.
You tried to make the guy look stupid for demanding that drainage be put there. You went as far as calling him a wailer to masturbate your ego.
I wouldn't have quoted you if you had given cost of running that as a reason for your disapproval.
Back to the matter, we have some highways in Nigeria with drainage. Remember my keyword here is where it is necessary. You have a point here but it doesn't work everywhere or should I say not suitable everywhere.
Nigerians irrespective of tribe, religion or political affiliation should learn to demand for nothing but the best.
Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by LorDBolton(m): 1:32pm On Aug 25, 2016
legendte:

You are the one rationalising your ignorance.
You tried to make the guy look stupid for demanding that drainage be put there. You went as far as calling him a wailer to masturbate your ego.
I wouldn't have quoted you if you had given cost of running that as a reason for your disapproval.
Back to the matter, we have some highways in Nigeria with drainage. Remember my keyword here is where it is necessary. You have a point here but it doesn't work everywhere or should I say not suitable everywhere.
Nigerians irrespective of tribe, religion or political affiliation should learn to demand for nothing but the best.

Oga I never called him a wailer...I rarely, very rarely use that term cos it's even a useless word.

I still insist he is ignorant because his statement was clear.

As for your 'special circumstances yes I agree there are some portions that a mini drain leading to a very nearby river will be constructed.

As for hilly, mountainous areas in most movies I watch I still don't see drains, what I see are elevated roads where the water sips down the slopey road and dissipates when it reaches flat portion of the road.
Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by Reference(m): 1:33pm On Aug 25, 2016
photoshoot:

In order to discredit Buharis government, they end up spilling lies upon lies upon lies! Ish undecided

I travelled to Portharcourt on Sunday 21st and returned Tuesday 23rd. Left Calabar at 7am Sunday morning, arrived Eleme Petro at 3.30pm in the afternoon. Left Portharcourt Tuesday morning 8.am, arrived Calabar 3.15pm in the afternoon. Do you want my full itinenary and route coordinates on my GPS. I can download it for you. And for your information, I know this road in and out and have been plying it regularly since 2002. It is normally a 4 and a hour trip that is now 8 and a half hours when you factor in the failure at Ikot abasi as well. Who cares about Buhari's government. We are talking about a road here, you are talking politics.

1 Like

Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by Reference(m): 1:45pm On Aug 25, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

Even interstate roads abroad do not have side drains as there is no use of it really. I personally can't stand Myndd44 but his reasons are quite valid.

Madam stop this rubbish. Go to Enugu state. Virtually all the highways constructed have drains. The Nsuka Enugu highway has drains. Onitsha - Owerri has up to 90% drains. Where you have have serious undulations (hills and valleys in series), where the soil is very unstable and subject to erosion and land slide and most importantly, where the alignment of the road is such that it runns parallel to high ground (a hill on one side and a valley on the other side) you must provide culverts and drains or just waste your money. Calabar - Itu Road has the added disadvantage of being a typical Niger - Delta road, that it has to contend with ground water. Lots of it. When comparing things use like items not just generic ones. Can you mention the roads abroad and the conditions they cope with.

1 Like

Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by jnrbayano(m): 1:46pm On Aug 25, 2016
Estimable:

That road has a life span of at most 2 yrs, and it will be worse than before.
Side drains is a necessity.

I see you bro.

1 Like

Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by Reference(m): 1:48pm On Aug 25, 2016
arsenic33:
some sections of the road have drainage.... it'll be difficult to build drainages along all section of the road due to the terrain

Those sections will have to be re-aligned. It is an old road, constructed in the 80's when requirements were not as intense.

1 Like

Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by Reference(m): 1:53pm On Aug 25, 2016
permanentgrace:
OP, those are your fabricated pictures, now let me upload the true state of the road in pictures. Note: the Akwa Ibom part of the road is to some extent manageable, but once you reach the Cross River state part, you get seriously stuck as the road still remains impassable. A journey of 1-hour from Calabar to Uyo or conversely now takes 10 or more hours because of hold up as tankers and trailers/trucks fall indescriminately along the road. Photos speak.

These are slightly old pictures. The situation has improved beyond this but the quality of the work is no different from what has been done in the past.
Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by dissybling(f): 2:51pm On Aug 25, 2016
better I wouldn't av to spend 5hours before I get to ma destination. kudos
Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by Kazrem(m): 3:03pm On Aug 25, 2016
Buhari is tribalistic.
Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by permanentgrace(m): 3:17pm On Aug 25, 2016
Reference:

These are slightly old pictures. The situation has improved beyond this but the quality of the work is no different from what has been done in the past.

That picture was taken a day before yesterday by myself. If you need more, i can post them here.

1 Like

Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by mcvirgin: 3:23pm On Aug 25, 2016
this is not calabar-itu road..........if i had been believing false news about road constructions on route i never knew then i would have been crazy about this one. Scammers. that is my regular route, there is no such construction and that does not in anyway look like calabar itu road. mbok.
Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by Estimable(m): 5:17pm On Aug 25, 2016
jnrbayano:

I see you bro.
grin grin
Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by DonaldGenes(m): 5:23pm On Aug 25, 2016
Mynd44:

Can iHave your digits Mynd? Been long I came online here..
Re: New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) by thedarkside: 5:24pm On Aug 25, 2016
NairaandNigeria:

This highway needs no drainage since it is not within the habitable area because of cost and where to channel the water. Those water are used by the forest besides to grow

dont mind am am......the forest is already drainage enough...!!!

i understand why jonathan failed now.......look at their wishes??...insane....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

433,000 Nigerians, Businesses To Get N50,000, N30,000 Each – FG / 13 APC Governors Who Were Ex-PDP Members / APC Torn Into Four Camps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.