Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,322 members, 7,867,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 06:30 AM

Help!!! I'm Having Suicidal Thoughts - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help!!! I'm Having Suicidal Thoughts (562 Views)

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP SUICIDAL THOUGHTS RUNNING THRU MY HEAD / I'm Giving Up Life... Suicidal Thoughts Keep Coming In Everyday / Depression And Suicidal Thoughts Among People...(lets Discuss) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! I'm Having Suicidal Thoughts by Gryfindor(m): 8:16pm On Aug 24, 2016
Good evening everyone,

Please take a little time to read what I have to say. For the past few days I've been having suicidal thoughts and the more I try to strike it off my mind, the more it becomes entrenched. You might be wondering what's actually the cause of this. Well I'm a graduate. I graduated from one of the foremost federal universities in Nigeria with a 2:1 and I've been through with my NYSC programme for more than a year now. However, since then I've been unable to secure a good job. The more I try, the harder it seems to become. I've tried all my best applying, I've tried to reach out to people with little success. I've tried my hand on a variety of things but the pay is so little and not always coming that it becomes foolhardy to continue. You work to collect peanuts which they won't even pay on time yet you keep spending the little that should be meant for feeding on transportation. I've had business ideas on what I can do but I can't even muster any start up capital and help is not forthcoming. Dad is a pensioner that was last paid in May 2015 and mum is a civil servant who is being owed for 7 months. Elder siblings are preoccupied with themselves and their families with the current economic reality leaving too little to spare.

My unemployed status is affecting me a lot and is getting into me. Feeding has become one huge problem and it gets tougher everyday. For the past couple of months I've contemplated going into crime or scam but I can't just fathom soiling the family name just to feed. Now it has gotten to a stage that I've been left with two terrible options of either indulging in criminal ventures to feed or just exiting this unfair life. Seeing everyday your mates during your undergraduate years living fine especially the "seemingly unserious" ones back then who are so much into yahoo stuffs now make it harder to bear.

Please I'm calling on nairalanders to please help me out. I'm not begging for money because the situation in the country now and our different experiences with scammers might make you think I'm here to scam people. What I'm only begging for is help from anybody on job/work that I can be doing that I will be earning to feed myself and pay my bills. Please I need a job. Any decent job anybody can offer, I will be grateful. I hold a Bsc in Political Science and I live in Lagos. I can relocate if need be. Please help a disturbed soul.

Thanks and God bless you all.
Re: Help!!! I'm Having Suicidal Thoughts by Hustlerlomo(m): 9:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
Guy You still get mb to post this sermon, you dey complain, u knw hw many people wey wan enter nairaland since last month wey dem no fit.

As for the suicide, thank God u base in Lagos, if you no fit enter Third mayland bridge, u check mile 2 bridge, if dt one no go well. Come Gbanji bridge for Seme.

I wish you well.
Re: Help!!! I'm Having Suicidal Thoughts by jerryunit48: 9:22pm On Aug 24, 2016
Please don't do it there is always a way out even driving Keke naped
Re: Help!!! I'm Having Suicidal Thoughts by Zdoh(m): 10:43pm On Aug 24, 2016
Most current successful people around havd passed through this and they never give up.Guy there are alwayz a second chance.I thought you said you're a graduate with degree?Me wey dey talk to you like get only ssce and i never see myself failed.You better man-up.This is why i say edu Nigeria is crap.
Re: Help!!! I'm Having Suicidal Thoughts by Cool23(m): 11:01pm On Aug 24, 2016
Guy I read everything and I totally understand ur situation like my uncle he only ate once a day he had to go from house to house begging this just God way of testing u success happens at the most unexpected of places wish u well
Re: Help!!! I'm Having Suicidal Thoughts by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hustlerlomo:
Guy You still get mb to post this sermon, you dey complain, u knw hw many people wey wan enter nairaland since last month wey dem no fit.

As for the suicide, thank God u base in Lagos, if you no fit enter Third mayland bridge, u check mile 2 bridge, if dt one no go well. Come Gbanji bridge for Seme.

I wish you well.
Bro, seriously you got me laughing aloud. Back to the topic, your response wasn't fair enough considering the pathetic state the OP is presently. But the OP shouldn't see suicide as an option. Suicide is for the shallow minded and weak individuals. Moments like this is meant to steer you for greater challenges ahead.
You stated you have a 2:1 from a Federal university. Have you taken time out to go on a job-scouting mission? Make sizeable number of photocopies of your resume with an open cover letter. Also get dozens of preferably white envelops. Then map out time to go distribute you CV in establishments in VI, Marina, Ikoyi and Apapa. During those visits, try to dress properly and don't fail to market yourself in good light just in case one of the would-be employer comes holding a spontaneous chit-chat with you.
You never could tell what God has in stock for you. These days, job aren't FORTH COMING again. You GO FORTH for the job. That's my mum's constant mantra to me then when I was in your shoes.
Finally, try to have a prophet. Even a king has a prophet. Acquaint yourself with a bible believing church. God's love you and I will surely be here to hear your testimony.
NOTE: I too writing this haven't secured a mouth-watering job yet, but I have one that can pay my bills.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Father Busy Seeking Attention – Oduah’s Son / _ / Sorry State Of The Kaduna- Ilorin Federal Road (pics Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.