Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,949 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? (2252 Views)

Buhari Meets John Kerry In Morocco (photo) / John Kerry Arrives Sokoto State / President Buhari With John Kerry In The US (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by Justcash(m): 8:16am On Aug 25, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Nope. The North is the Presidents primary constituency and I'm sure you realize he doesn't get excited at being called a parasite or his region blamed for holding the country back. The North is too big and blessed (manpower, minerals, agriculture, political acumen) to be lagging behind other regions in this country. That must change.

Furthermore, it is his duty as you rightly stated, to ensure the entire country moves forward and if that is to be possible, extra attention must be paid to region accused of holding the rest of the country backwards so we can all move forward. Abi?

Regarding my last paragraph, use your tongue to count your teeth.

Yeah, the North is big and blessed indeed. I hope the region's abundant resources will be used to develop the region. It still boils down to the state and local government levels. If they decide not to develop themselves, nothing will change.

As for using my tongue to count my teeth, I hope you will do same in trying to understand the antecedents to the rise of groups like Niger Delta Avengers, IPOB etc. Like I told you before, NO REGION IN NIGERIA CAN DOMINATE OTHER REGIONS IN NIGERIA. It has never ended well for leaders that have tried to do that in the past.

1 Like

Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by denko(m): 8:27am On Aug 25, 2016
Guilty conscience, he knows the role America played in 2015 election.
Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by RevengeReloaded: 8:28am On Aug 25, 2016
HtwoOw:
First question you should ask yourself is where did John Kerry land ?
Mr., Possession is different from ownership!!
Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by QuotaSystem: 8:31am On Aug 25, 2016
Be rest assured, the Local and State governments are doing everything to develop themselves in concert with the FG. Haven't you seen what's been going on in Kebbi, Kano, Kaduna and Sokoto states recently regarding agriculture and industrialization? The 19 northern state Governors have revived the NNDC and the company is a strong participant in oil prospecting in the Chad and Benue basins, among other economic initiatives. The key word now is self sufficiency; the region will be ridiculed no further.

Regarding political dominance, any region that chooses to exclude itself from the political system has no option than to be politically dominated by more dominant regions like the North. This is an indisputable reality which is not subject to wishes or wailings. Economic dominance follows politics; for instance only political power can establish ports, free trade zones, give economic stimulus etc.

Justcash:

Yeah, the North is big and blessed indeed. I hope the region's abundant resources will be used to develop the region. It still boils down to the state and local government levels. If they decide not to develop themselves, nothing will change.

As for using my tongue to count my teeth, I hope you will do same in trying to understand the antecedents to the rise of groups like Niger Delta Avengers, IPOB etc. Like I told you before, NO REGION IN NIGERIA CAN DOMINATE OTHER REGIONS. It has never ended well for leaders that have tried to do that in the past.
Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by Atigba: 8:33am On Aug 25, 2016
Obama is a Muslim

He only sent Kerry there to thank them for a job well done

Kick Obama and his jihad group out of white house

Vote Trump/Pence

1 Like

Re: Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? by skyman200(m): 8:54am On Aug 25, 2016
Mind u Britain is a combined entity, combinations of Christians and Muslim but Muslims get upper hands there, why can't it be like that, they are friends to Muslims and even they understand Hausa language including some parts of America. So Islams rule the world is high tym everybody including my southern people to learn how to speak Hausa before it will become very late,muslim rules as im seeing it, it is late for all of us, learn it and be safe,the mistakes has been made .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Throwback Picture Of Obasanjo, Gowon And Murtala Muhammed / VP Yemi Osinbajo Holds Thanksgiving Service For President Buhari Return (photo) / Where Did Omoyele Sowore Get The $1million Dollars In His Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.