Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Muslims Not Welcome In Czech Republic – PM - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Muslims Not Welcome In Czech Republic – PM (498 Views)

Czech Republic Recognizes Jerusalem As The Capital Of The State Of Israel / Muslims Not Welcome In Czech Republic – Prime Minister / Muslims Not Welcome In Czech Republic – Prime Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims Not Welcome In Czech Republic – PM by sorepco(m): 8:24am On Aug 25, 2016
I[b] think this guy is a nazist n racist. I doesnt he keep quiet like the saudis or sudanese who dont want any church or temple in their country but keep quiet about it and not announce it to the whole [/b]world?

Czech Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka said Tuesday he does not want a “large Muslim community” and that each EU member should be able to choose how many migrants to accept.

“We don’t have a large Muslim community here,” Sobotka said of the estimated 10,000 to 20,000 Muslims who live in the Central European country of 10.5 million people.

“And to be honest, we don’t want a large Muslim community to form here, given the problems we’re seeing,” Sobotka told the Pravo daily.

Sobotka spoke ahead German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s visit to Prague on Thursday, saying their “views diverge” on how to solve Europe’s migrant crisis.

Merkel has urged countries to take in a greater share of refugees, while the Czech Republic staunchly opposes the contested EU quota system devised to distribute refugees across the bloc.

“I’ve been convinced since the start of the migration debate that the member states need to have sovereignty regarding the choice of the number of refugees (to welcome),” Sobotka said.

“It’s the national governments that ultimately have to ensure people’s security.”

The leftist premier however cautioned against casting refugees as terrorists.

“It’s not possible to put an equal sign between refugees and terrorists. But at the same time, it’s not possible to have the same approach as Germany last year, namely to authorise the influx of a huge number of people without any oversight,” he said.

Merkel will also on Thursday meet with Czech President Milos Zeman, who earlier this month said he opposed taking in any migrants at all.

He recently described Merkel’s migration policy – which saw Germany take in 1.1 million migrants and refugees last year – as “absurd”.
Re: Muslims Not Welcome In Czech Republic – PM by MDsambo: 8:44am On Aug 25, 2016
Keep hating on Islam,

Islam will soon dominate the World grin
Re: Muslims Not Welcome In Czech Republic – PM by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 25, 2016
i support...... islam has proven to be a terrorist organization, its clearer now especially with the recent spate of killings and terrorism in the world by islam, even here in Nigeria.
Re: Muslims Not Welcome In Czech Republic – PM by sorepco(m): 12:03pm On Aug 25, 2016
U guys r terrible. How can u equate the actions of less than 0.001% ofmuslims to the rest of a billion plus persons?
Go to uganda and see what the lords resistance army is doing to villagers. They live by the tenets of the 20 commandments and if you argue with them they cut off your neck!!
I think we ve religious nutters in every religion. Even amongst the jewd of israel and the buddhists of mynmmar/burma or thailand.

gocac:
i support...... islam has proven to be a terrorist organization, its clearer now especially with the recent spate of killings and terrorism in the world by islam, even here in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Explosion Rocks New Jersey Train Station (pics) / Do You Believe This ;;;;;;;;; / ISIS Hails Donald Trump's Victory Claiming He Will Destroy America Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.