Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,498 members, 7,843,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Dialogue Positively To N’delta Militants, Soyinka Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dialogue Positively To N’delta Militants, Soyinka Tells FG (314 Views)

Hate Speeches: DSS Warns Arewa Youths, N’delta Militants, Others / FG May Redeploy North-east Troops To N’delta / Confusion Trails Arrest Of N’delta Militants By Military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dialogue Positively To N’delta Militants, Soyinka Tells FG by rawglobalnews: 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, on Thursday said he did not represent any international intervention group when he met with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on August 10.

He also appealed to the Federal Government “to respond positively to the outrage of the militants of Niger Delta.”

Soyinka, who said some of the groups in the Niger Delta region drew him into his current interventionist role, faulted media reports (RAW GLOBAL NEWS not included) that he met with the President to mediate on the crisis in the region as part of an international intervention group.

Stating that he was contacted personally to help in mediating in the matter, the revered playwright said he spoke in his capacity as Wole Soyinka and not on behalf of a non-existing ‘international intervention group.’

The essayist and social critic noted that he promised to later address the press when State House correspondents ambushed him after his visit to the President.

He, however, refused to speak about what he discussed at the meeting among other issues on Thursday.

Soyinka said, “It is bad enough to distort statements and issues. My demand of the media is accuracy. I cannot spend my time correcting falsehood. I am not part of any international intervention group. What kind of intervention? How can a non-existing group contact the President? I know of no international intervention group in existence. There can be no extrapolation, no second guessing…’’

Read more via http://www.rawglobalnews.net/dialogue-positively-ndelta-militants-soyinka-tells-fg/

Re: Dialogue Positively To N’delta Militants, Soyinka Tells FG by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2016
Ah

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram ;kids Battle Malnutrition In IDPS Camp / Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals / Nigeria Problem, Nigerian Elites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.