Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

4 Steps To Ensure The Best End Result In Your Tile Installation. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 4 Steps To Ensure The Best End Result In Your Tile Installation. (1468 Views)

Tile Installation Call Us / Crazy Promo On Batlan Roof Tile, Installation {50 Years Warranty Inclusive} / Looking For Quality and Affordable Roof Tile in Nigeria (Stone Coated Roof Tile) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Steps To Ensure The Best End Result In Your Tile Installation. by write2obi(m): 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2016
Ceramic tile flooring are clearly the most popular form of flooring in the building industry today, most intending home owners gets to his stage and become totally lost.
How do i go about it ?
How do i not over spend?
Which tile is good and not good for my project?
This are some of the FAQ that comes to mind when you are at the tiling stage.
In this article i'm going to try and address some of the issues that could make your tiles come out bad, and how you can minimize and if possible eliminate them in four simple but important steps.

1. Choosing a tiler : it is strongly recommended that your first step when you are at the tiling stage in your build is to get a tiling contractor or a competent tiler, ensure that you and your tiler have discussed and agreed on the detailed scope of work. We recommend that you discuss your tile selection with your tiler so that they know what they will be laying and can have the appropriate tools and materials on hand. Discussing your expectations will also help avoid any misunderstanding.
Re: 4 Steps To Ensure The Best End Result In Your Tile Installation. by write2obi(m): 2:12pm On Aug 26, 2016

2. Choosing your tiles:

Manufactured tiles are not perfect, while manufacturing allows for a lot more control and consistency in determining the final tile product than let's say, a piece of stone cut out of the ground, tiles still vary within a production run in colours, size and appearance (variations in ingredients, temperature both within the kiln and outside air temperature) all influence the end result. Take these steps while buying your tiles
i) Order more tiles than the area being tiled and check that the correct quantity is delivered : your tiler should factor this when working out quantities required and will often allow an additional 10-15% of the area being tiled. (this cover wastage when cutting and during transportation and also allow you to hold a box or more of spare). Every production run results in different shades and even if you can still source the same tile down the track, it is most likely to be from a different shade which may be noticeably different.

ii) Check boxes delivered all show shades/tone reference, while manufacturers takes care to deliver tiles from the same batch, occasionally error can occur. Laying constitutes acceptance of the product so it is important to identify any issue prior to laying.

iii) Check you are happy with the colour, size, quantity of products delivered: most tiles of the same batch and box can vary in colour and size, some are negligable while some are not, it is important you and your tiler check 2-5 boxes prior to laying as laying constitutes acceptance of the product.

iv) Check for excessive brakeage: Tiles due to the number of time they are handled during transportation, loading and offloading, it is possible that some boxes may arrive damaged. In most cases this will not cause an issue as the Tiler can use the affected tiles to do cuts, however discuss this with the tiler , this will give his time to properly access the issue , before accepting deliveries from your supplier.
Re: 4 Steps To Ensure The Best End Result In Your Tile Installation. by write2obi(m): 2:13pm On Aug 26, 2016

3. During installation

Ensure the tiler mixes tiles from 3 or 4 different boxes to ensure proper blending of any color variation that may exist. Take time to periodically check that no defective tile are being laid and that the Tiler is following your instructions. If you have any doubts or concerns as the job progresses, stop the tiling and make consultations.
Re: 4 Steps To Ensure The Best End Result In Your Tile Installation. by write2obi(m): 2:13pm On Aug 26, 2016
4. After installation

Ensure the tiler removes all waxes, grout and grout residue after tiling. These are sometime hard to see with the naked eye but will act to collect dirt if left, and the longer they are left the harder they will be to remove. If tiles are being sealed it is especially important that the tiles are thoroughly cleaned first, otherwise any contamination will get trapped below the sealed surface of the tiles.
Also ensure tools and other building equipments, dirt and contaminating liquids are not left on the surface of the tile while other trades are working in the area as they can stain or scratch your brand new tiled floor.
Re: 4 Steps To Ensure The Best End Result In Your Tile Installation. by Jetjacky(m): 2:14pm On Aug 26, 2016
Is this not sparking writeboi?
Re: 4 Steps To Ensure The Best End Result In Your Tile Installation. by write2obi(m): 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2016
Jetjacky:
Is this not sparking writeboi?
I don't understand your question
Re: 4 Steps To Ensure The Best End Result In Your Tile Installation. by write2obi(m): 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2016
Re: 4 Steps To Ensure The Best End Result In Your Tile Installation. by write2obi(m): 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2016
Re: 4 Steps To Ensure The Best End Result In Your Tile Installation. by Dsrooftiles: 6:47am On Dec 27, 2016
Current price of Roofing Tiles In Nigeria/ Lagos State

Longspan Aluminum price... 0.45mm Guage=#1600 per mtr, 0.55mm Guage#2000 per mtr

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4143924_img20160819wa0006_jpeg6264f4f343166cbced06e45f6bf0cc69
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4045256_img20160131wa001_jpeg09905cc0ed2d67556b4403bf7ca1c9f3

Step tiles Aluminum Roofing sheet price 0.45mm =#1650 per mtr, 0.55mm= #2,150 per mtr

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4048200_img20160604wa0002_jpegd56615b13e72e4a6f37ade11685ccb07
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4049263_img20160601wa0003_jpegff2c7a53a664d1c4910cb0eb85930941

Metcopo Aluminum price 0.45mm =#1800 per mtr, 0.55mm =#2,200 per mtr

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4045187_img20160312wa002_jpeg36aa31b19209752b8b12d4ca38b47fe4
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4045290_img20160723wa0004_jpeg38c8f95422595c65227bf015ffc4a971

Stone coated classic and bond design #3000 persqm...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4253540_3791098hsdg1jpeg5d7396526daf886fd28babfe8825a579_jpeg8653e13a5a8ee8e4c6092b051dd52bd4
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4253560_228932014632731acpngce1c1dae890331204520c8609a791036png6f673104628980dca0c298e943aac5de_pngfd24fdd6256c44a9e1ff20e792fd3042

Shingles Design #3,300 persqm

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4253583_4086243img20160804wa0006jpeg63105bfdad116c87eeba44f84bf85777_jpege7339b9a2d6b3232ec6c5c0a62f5a365

Roman/Milano Design #3,400 per sqm

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4253621_roman_jpeg466f77eb2cbb56608d0bad90e3853d24

Price Negociable if the meters is much

CALL/WHATSAPP 08085310359
Re: 4 Steps To Ensure The Best End Result In Your Tile Installation. by write2obi(m): 7:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
Re: 4 Steps To Ensure The Best End Result In Your Tile Installation. by write2obi(m): 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2018
Re: 4 Steps To Ensure The Best End Result In Your Tile Installation. by Mayor78: 7:25am On Oct 04, 2019
If you are around South East and needed tiles of any kind, or at a loss on design of tiles you may need, then look no further than Obilinks (aka writeobi) at Ogidi Building Material market.

Trailing his updates here on nairaland having realised he's based in the East, I kept tab of his updates, his comments etc, then engaged him on whatsapp on couple of chats. Quite satisfied of his approach, during home visit, I arrive his office anonymously and made further enquiries on tiles, and prices. Surprisingly his qoute on whatsapp remained same even as I already have the market price of selected tiles, which also remained same and slightly better with his qoute.

Having satisfied myself on that angle of trust, I left as I came, in disguise telling him that I need to do further research on prices. He simply said 'if they're same please come back to patronise me'. He availed me of some hints to avoid being supplied of incomplete or broken tiles at less price as I left.

Fast forward a month later, I reached him again through whatsapp to enquire about price of different tiles first so as to remain in disguise. Then requested that he sent more samples which he obliged. From his new samples I made my choices and he calculated the cost based on my quantity. I dere to say that his demeanour through both my physical encounter and online were very cordial, respectful, and diligent, which provided me the basis to trust him the more even above my cousins to the point that when the cash for purchases which includes other materials were withdrawn, I directed that he be given the whole cash so as to help us procure other materials not related to tiles.

Very impressed to say that the cash remained with him till the following day (cos it's already late to complete purchases) when my cousins arrived to behold he has done other purchases, arranged transport, and loaded all the tiles. Because I gave my cousins his office address and also directed them to leave such huge amount of money in his custody overnight they thought I knew him too well. But they were shocked and very worried about the money when I told them I didn't know the guy from Adam only online through Nairaland.

Note: I am not advocating that you intentionally leave huge sums in the custody of someone you barely knew especially when there's no proof, or insurance in the event of fire, robbery, or snake in the office during the period.

Back to the issue. My cousins confessed that their mouths were wide agape when they arrived Onitsha the following day to realise that not only did they not hear a story about the money as they feared *(Or even prayed for: so they can blame me offcourse)* but that Obilinks has completed purchase of other materials, secured transportation to our village, and loaded all the tiles and other building materials he helped us purchase ready for them to go.

Remaining cash balance of N52K and all purchasing receipts were given them and behold, it was only them that gave me stories of unforseen expenditure of police this, police that, feeding this, and transport that. Finally they returned N21K (Lol! Didn't I know that?).

All these transactions took place without revealing to Obilinks that i have been to his office. Due to whatsapp he realised I wasn't based in Nigeria yet his prices didn't change neither did he buy other things off market price. Very unsual for Onitsha trader.

Anyway, Obilinks, I repeat from my experience can be adjudged as one of the honest and reputable guys here in nairaland to whom one can confidently transact with even anonymously, yet get the best of services.

Please Obi, just keep up the kind of services you gave me, and surely the sky would be your limit.

Ladies and gentlemen if you are in the South East or environs, I recommend Obilinks Tiles. He can be reached through his link below
 https://www.nairaland.com/3311960/how-properly-tile-build.
Contact No; +234 803 2733229; Whatsapp; +234 908 5556202

I took time to explain this encounter cos we often say here that there are dearth of good people in Nigeria. But my experience with Obilinks surely confounds such assertions. Surely we still have trusted traders, engineers, and artisans in building construction, and this guy Obilinks (aka nairaland writeobi) is one of them I submit.
Re: 4 Steps To Ensure The Best End Result In Your Tile Installation. by write2obi(m): 11:01am On Sep 29, 2020
Mayor78:
If you are around South East and needed tiles of any kind, or at a loss on design of tiles you may need, then look no further than Obilinks (aka writeobi) at Ogidi Building Material market.

Trailing his updates here on nairaland having realised he's based in the East, I kept tab of his updates, his comments etc, then engaged him on whatsapp on couple of chats. Quite satisfied of his approach, during home visit, I arrive his office anonymously and made further enquiries on tiles, and prices. Surprisingly his qoute on whatsapp remained same even as I already have the market price of selected tiles, which also remained same and slightly better with his qoute.

Having satisfied myself on that angle of trust, I left as I came, in disguise telling him that I need to do further research on prices. He simply said 'if they're same please come back to patronise me'. He availed me of some hints to avoid being supplied of incomplete or broken tiles at less price as I left.

Fast forward a month later, I reached him again through whatsapp to enquire about price of different tiles first so as to remain in disguise. Then requested that he sent more samples which he obliged. From his new samples I made my choices and he calculated the cost based on my quantity. I dere to say that his demeanour through both my physical encounter and online were very cordial, respectful, and diligent, which provided me the basis to trust him the more even above my cousins to the point that when the cash for purchases which includes other materials were withdrawn, I directed that he be given the whole cash so as to help us procure other materials not related to tiles.

Very impressed to say that the cash remained with him till the following day (cos it's already late to complete purchases) when my cousins arrived to behold he has done other purchases, arranged transport, and loaded all the tiles. Because I gave my cousins his office address and also directed them to leave such huge amount of money in his custody overnight they thought I knew him too well. But they were shocked and very worried about the money when I told them I didn't know the guy from Adam only online through Nairaland.

Note: I am not advocating that you intentionally leave huge sums in the custody of someone you barely knew especially when there's no proof, or insurance in the event of fire, robbery, or snake in the office during the period.

Back to the issue. My cousins confessed that their mouths were wide agape when they arrived Onitsha the following day to realise that not only did they not hear a story about the money as they feared *(Or even prayed for: so they can blame me offcourse)* but that Obilinks has completed purchase of other materials, secured transportation to our village, and loaded all the tiles and other building materials he helped us purchase ready for them to go.

Remaining cash balance of N52K and all purchasing receipts were given them and behold, it was only them that gave me stories of unforseen expenditure of police this, police that, feeding this, and transport that. Finally they returned N21K (Lol! Didn't I know that?).

All these transactions took place without revealing to Obilinks that i have been to his office. Due to whatsapp he realised I wasn't based in Nigeria yet his prices didn't change neither did he buy other things off market price. Very unsual for Onitsha trader.

Anyway, Obilinks, I repeat from my experience can be adjudged as one of the honest and reputable guys here in nairaland to whom one can confidently transact with even anonymously, yet get the best of services.

Please Obi, just keep up the kind of services you gave me, and surely the sky would be your limit.

Ladies and gentlemen if you are in the South East or environs, I recommend Obilinks Tiles. He can be reached through his link below
 https://www.nairaland.com/3311960/how-properly-tile-build.
Contact No; +234 803 2733229; Whatsapp; +234 908 5556202

I took time to explain this encounter cos we often say here that there are dearth of good people in Nigeria. But my experience with Obilinks surely confounds such assertions. Surely we still have trusted traders, engineers, and artisans in building construction, and this guy Obilinks (aka nairaland writeobi) is one of them I submit.
Re: 4 Steps To Ensure The Best End Result In Your Tile Installation. by write2obi(m): 8:42pm On Jan 30

(1) (Reply)

A Room And Parlour And A Self Con For Rent Around Costain. / Buy a plot in Arium Estate, Abijo GRA, Ajah Lekki and Get iPhone 8 / We Are Now At Oko Baba Under Bridge Sawmill Ebute Metta For All Kinds Of Woods.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.