Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. (10766 Views)

B Sc Computer Science Project Topic / Computer Science Project Topic (help Need) / Computer Science Final Year Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by mimi83: 12:15pm On Dec 14, 2006
hi nairalanders,
i'm a computer science undergraduate in my final year n i need help in getting a good project topic. can anyone help me? i'll be most grateful. thanks.
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by rookie(m): 7:41pm On Dec 19, 2006
What areas of computer science are you most comfortable with; that is Networking, Programming, Databases, algorithms etc?

This will help in recommending a suitable project for you
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by my2cents(m): 11:28am On Dec 20, 2006
I hv said this b4 here, but will say it again (and again, to show how strongly I feel abt this grin) - A Nigerian Online Payment Solution. Right now we are blacklisted from the likes of paypal et al. Just as is the case in the airline industry, until we hv our own, those guys won't give us the respect we deserve. They know that unfortunately we naijans wd rather boast of using oyibo products than develop one of ours, viewing theirs as superior and quickly distrusting our own products.

Until we develop one for ourselves, they will keep on regarding us as mugus as we blindly go to the likes of egold et al to pay horrendous commissions for our online purchases. Here is the topic I have been thinking of almost on a daily basis:

A Nigerian Online Payment Solution - standing up to PayPal.

For all we know, they are behind such companies (but thatz another story cool)
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by Gomez(m): 2:19pm On Dec 20, 2006
Thank You my2cents i think we have to develop a custom payment solutions
Actually i was working on that b4 but the issue is this will our banks allow you to interface with their databases?

That is were INTERSWITCH comes to play during my enguiry a friend told that is only interswitch that have such access and are on a project like that but i have waited for months yet have not heard any goods news from them.
i think a way forward is for us to build the service either for interswitch or by interswitch since they already have the banks database interfacing system.

if there is still need for us to get together on the project i will really want to be part of that team

ihesiepeter@yahoo.com
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by my2cents(m): 3:35pm On Dec 20, 2006
I think I have said this b4, but it is worth saying it again - during my last visit to naija in 2004, a cousin of mine bought phone credits via his phone. When I asked, he said the funds would be directly deducted from his account.

So, to me, if it can work with phones, y not the internet? grin
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by alexis(m): 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2006
It's not only Nigeria that is facing this problem, we have the same issue here in Ghana and other African Countries. The banks aint helping and the way it works with the phone companies is that you now have to buy enough credits if you want to purchase anything with the online payment system.

In my view - I think we should have something like value card, interface with value-card dbase to make transactions. Or come up with a system similar to value-card that interface with the online payment system.
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by my2cents(m): 4:00pm On Dec 20, 2006
mimi83,

As u can c, your paper is being written before your very koro koro eyes wink
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by hola2ng(m): 12:37pm On Dec 22, 2006
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by dag(m): 7:13pm On Dec 22, 2006
quite an interesting thread, i think if we could get the average nigerian connected to the internet, make internet affordable for the average nigerian, though nitel did a poor job as per the infrastructure, but what im saying is get 30million nigerians up and browsing at the comfort of their own home and theb there would exist a "huge internet market" theyll talk about it on cnn and the rest would follow. the project topic for e-pay would be quite an interesting adventure for u mimi83, give it a go, and lets start making things work here its up to all of us naijas.
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by alexis(m): 10:52pm On Dec 22, 2006
We have the market in Nigeria, we have the resources. Why can't we create our own paypal or ebay and forget about the West?
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by my2cents(m): 9:47am On Dec 23, 2006
alexis,

well said, well said.
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by babasin(m): 3:14pm On Dec 23, 2006
All well said. what is next line of action?

This is what makes a difference between them and US.

can those really interested organise for a meeting? at least get something started. I am in for it.
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by alexis(m): 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2007
babasin,

Personally, I am working on something using php and python (a school project). Except a big company comes up with funding and resources, it will have to be an opensource project. Or what do you guys think?

Thanks my2cents.
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by my2cents(m): 6:14pm On Jan 04, 2007
I personally don't c y, if pitched to a bank, they wdnt take it up. In the end, it would benefit them. But of course, where all else fails, opensource is another way to go smiley
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by naijafan(m): 10:52am On Jan 05, 2007
my2cents:

I think I have said this before, but it is worth saying it again - during my last visit to naija in 2004, a cousin of mine bought phone credits via his phone. When I asked, he said the funds would be directly deducted from his account.

So, to me, if it can work with phones, y not the internet? grin

@my2cents
since around September last year, i've not laid my hands on a phone recharge card. i do it online, so i guess that post is uninformed grin.
you can check rechargenigeria.com or prepaidnigeria.com

Also, i could by items from shopforless.com from the comfort of my 'home' with my debit card and have it delivered to me anywhere in lagos free and elsewhere for a fee. so what are you guys sayin about an online payment solution when we have interswitch's webpay
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by alexis(m): 10:57am On Jan 05, 2007
naijafan,

Thanks for the insight, however - you mention only shopforless.com, are there other nigerian sites we could buy from using an open acceptable system like the way credit or debit cards are used in the US or Europe?
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by DevDel(m): 2:43pm On Jan 08, 2007
Hey guyz, I think My2Cents first Idea is worth exploring. It goes way beyond Mimi's project idea, can we put in a collective effort to achieve this?
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by rookie(m): 9:07pm On Jan 09, 2007
- possible final year projects: explore designing and implementing a suitable algorithm for Traffic light systems in Nigerian cities. Implement your algorithm with any language of interest.

or
(client/server) network programming  for sending data packets over the network eg TFTP. This will give you some good programming experience. You can do some research on google to learn more

My2Cent--

Good thinking

however, you will need cooperation from banks to implement a suitable solution. But i suppose that if anyone can come up with a convincing prototype of a reliable, secure electronic payment solution, HOPEFULLY most banks might be willing to support.

I do have a little experience with electronic payment solution. I am interested in patnering in a project to effect an ePayment solution in Nigeria.

With the help of web services,xml, web appl (.net or jee) etc we can come up with a good solution

Any interested enthusiast out there should PM me at cashrolls2@yahoo.com
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by adebisipo: 4:22pm On Jan 23, 2008
hi guys
didnt know we still av intectuals like dis here,last threads i read on this topic was really discouraging ,our own guys asking 4 money to help wit final year projects. just want 2 say i appreciate u guys. as pa the e- payment,pls never 4get d security aspect,its d most crucial n i tink its possible,if we are bent on doin it.i know a bit bout security ,am on my ccsp,am game if u guys are still keen on it.
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by adebisipo: 4:27pm On Jan 23, 2008
hi guys
didnt know we still av intectuals like dis here,last threads i read on this topic was really discouraging ,our own guys asking 4 money to help wit final year projects. just want 2 say i appreciate u guys. as pa the e- payment,pls never 4get d security aspect,its d most crucial n i tink its possible,if we are bent on doin it.i know a bit bout security ,am on my ccsp,am game if u guys are still keen on it.
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by princeuk(m): 11:37pm On Mar 21, 2008
A very nice idea has been put up,let work hard towards this,Nigeria's has been looked down on,hay cents thanks for that contribution.
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by BigStar1(m): 8:33am On Apr 24, 2010
call 08060678106 for consultation
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by miyimika(f): 12:51pm On Aug 03, 2010
smiley [color=#770077][/color]
pls can you help me am a mass comunication studnt final year student who is looking for related project topics?
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by candylips(m): 1:48pm On Aug 05, 2010
^^ not in this section
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by mj(m): 3:55pm On Aug 05, 2010
Designing a Biometric Finger Print Application
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by phranq(m): 10:38pm On Mar 25, 2011
can smone pls help me on this topic; CAUSALITY BETWEEN CURRENT EXPENDITURE AND REVENUE; A FURTHER EVIDENCE FOR NIGERIA.
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by monblaze(f): 8:32pm On Jun 27, 2011
ok, im very stuck!!! saw this thread n to y'all cld help me o
i need a topic too, n im quite clueless

Business Administration
Preferably somtin concerned wit stuff like these, tho i dont think they are very good topics:
1. Effect of Sales Promotion and Advertisement On Company Performance or AS A TOOL ON ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE
2. Compensation and Promotion On Employee Performance
3. MIS on Company Performance
4. New-Product Development On Company Performance
5. Technological Characteristics and its effect on Productivity
6. Impact of Cost on Pricing strategies
7. Price on Buying Behaviour
8. Succession on Survival and Growth
9. Modernization of Retailing Methods in Nigeria
10. Developing the Fashion Industry
Re: Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. by solaltd(m): 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2011
You don’t need to stress yourself on project topics or Full Project Work anymore. Come to experienced Unilag graduate that specialize on Market Efficiency and stock exchange/Market related project for Accounting, Banking, Finance, and Economics Students. Example of project topic available:

1. Testing of Efficient Market Hypothesis on Nigerian Stock Exchange
2. Behavioural effect of Share prices on Nigerian Stock Exchange
3. Nigerian Stock Exchange and Random Walk Hypothesis
4. Predictability of Share returns on Nigerian Stock Market e.t.c
(We provide you soft copies and our charges are affordable).
Ramola Commercial Enterprise (Academic Dept)
Email us: project.provider@yahoo.com

Journals are provided on agreement.

Get free information from this site :http://final-year-projects.com/index.htm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Online Exam Portal / Link To Cracked Version Of Xamarin With Visual Studio / Request Any Software Development For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.