Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS (15781 Views)

Police Shot Two 300L Uniosun Students While Parading School Area (photos) / Nigeria SSS, “tortured” Man To Death; Then Paid Family N15 Million To Keep Mum / Punch PhotoJournalist Attacked In Lagos As DSS, Policemen Watch (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by HRich(m): 9:03am On Aug 27, 2016
Bsideboi:
Doesn't change a thing about them .all our security agencies need to b overhauled.
Its too long to Quote nah my bros

Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by aninexzy(m): 9:03am On Aug 27, 2016
kenonze:
Exactly my thought
. I won't b surprised if d start answering FBI. We lack regards for laid down rules in this country n datz a big blow to d nation.

Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by abumeinben(m): 9:04am On Aug 27, 2016
Copy copy dss
Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by TheFreeOne: 9:08am On Aug 27, 2016
Does that change the fact the agency is more of a Daura Secret Service than State Security Service
Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 27, 2016
Can you blame them? SSS sounds like abbrev for sickle cell. DSS has more vibe to it. Like FBI or CIA kinda vibe

Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by yahoofak(m): 9:09am On Aug 27, 2016
Bsideboi:
Doesn't change a thing about them .all our security agencies need to b overhauled.
guy please nauh! unquote the story

Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by evansjeff(m): 9:16am On Aug 27, 2016
Bsideboi:
and you had to quote the whole post? apply sense sometimes for heavens sake!

Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by ojnnaco(m): 9:18am On Aug 27, 2016
agwom:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/209343-fact-check-nigerias-secret-police-sss-violating-law-illegally-parading-dss.html
Trash.. same old ffools been used to perpetrate some sorts of "legal" crime In the country .
Everybody wants change but nobody wanna change .
DSS or SSS,they have been bought and paid in full by the northern president
Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by missioner(m): 9:19am On Aug 27, 2016
Bsideboi:
must you quote the whole story ?

it sucks!
Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:39am On Aug 27, 2016
Bsideboi:
Doesn't change a thing about them .all our security agencies need to b overhauled

Hmmmmmm

Who is to be hold responsible now?
Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by bigass123(m): 9:44am On Aug 27, 2016
SSS
DSS
MSS
MRS

All of dem join together, who dem Don help

Next pls
Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by AnodaIT(m): 9:44am On Aug 27, 2016
Not just SSS, the police should stop parading themselves as FORCE, they are Nigeria Police not Nigeria Police Force

Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by able20(m): 10:09am On Aug 27, 2016
CONFUSION EVERYWHERE
Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by Fidelismaria: 10:10am On Aug 27, 2016
Who Gives A Hoot Bout D Name Cos I Dont
Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by K9Uneet(m): 10:30am On Aug 27, 2016
bulldoza:
[size=28pt]Woe betide firstbank of Nigeria. Thievery bank
Everytime I buy airtime through their stupìd firsmobile app, they just debit my account without recharging my phone.
They owe me about 700 naira now this year
Bastardz angry[/size]
And here I am thinking of using the service soon.Not gonna happen.

Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by teemy(m): 10:32am On Aug 27, 2016
a legal implication of this could be an accused could stand in court and claim he cannot be sued nor arrested by an entity that does not exist legally and the case would be stalled for long. they better do the due process to rectify it asap.

Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by llaykorn: 10:55am On Aug 27, 2016
AnonyNymous:
I thought I was the only one that noticed.
When I was younger I used to hear SSS, and all of a sudden everyone calls them the DSS so I just went with it

I thought they were two different organizations. grin

Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by Goodreason: 11:05am On Aug 27, 2016
It quite unfortunate we play politics with everything in nigeria, in nigeria today is only the Dss live to expectation among other securities they are full of confidence and efficacy.

The Dss or Sss as no difference if I may ask does Dss operate different from sss if the answer is "yes" meaning it's needful for the organization to reversed the name if not the federal government should look into things affecting the service to meet advanced countries.

Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by saaedlee: 11:07am On Aug 27, 2016
agwom:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/209343-fact-check-nigerias-secret-police-sss-violating-law-illegally-parading-dss.html

Stupid Newspaper, they ought to have asked the agency what DSS is, they service never renamed itself, as most Agents Identity Card bears SSS

Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by fof1: 11:34am On Aug 27, 2016
agwom:

IGNORAMUS REPORTERS ON PARADE. DO WIDER RESEARCH PLEASE.
GO DO BETTER JOB. THIS ISN'T AN ISSUE EVEN IN D COURT. HAS D SSS OR DSS REFUSED TO BE SERVED ANY COURT SUMMONS because OF NAME ISSUES? PLS GO AND DO BETTER WORK.
THERE ARE LOTS OF AREAS REQUIRING ATTENTIONS...

Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by haryomikun(m): 12:53pm On Aug 27, 2016
JesusmyGod1:
Nigeria grin........ if u haven't traveled out of that hell pls pray,cos the day u do u gonna know that hell and heaven is in this world.

Bro me sef dey hope that I'll travel outta this place. Because I know there's a whole civilised and proper world out there not like this shi.t am used to
Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by JesusmyGod1: 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2016
haryomikun:

Bro me sef dey hope that I'll travel outta this place. Because I know there's a whole civilised and proper world out there not like this shi.t am used to

Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by confiritch(m): 2:39pm On Aug 27, 2016
I think in Investigative Journalism, there is need for cause and effect, root cause(s) and remote cause(s), before drawing conclusions. During GEJ era, the Agency has been using this particular name. I do not see any controversy. The Ministry of Finance even described the organisation as "Department of State Security / Directorate of State Security" on the Federation Budget Platform. My take is that the Federal Government should empower the organisation to be more effective in its domestic intelligence gathering efforts. Since the establishment of the organisation is tailored towards the US FBI, British MI6 and Russian KGB, its effectiveness devoid of religious and ethnic sentiments will be better for the country.
Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2016
SSS is on State level and DSS is on federal level abi undecided
Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by Marotzke(m): 4:40pm On Aug 27, 2016
So it is no longer Daura security services DSS. Should we now call it Saminaka security services SSS or Sabongida security services SSS?
Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by dabrake(m): 4:58pm On Aug 27, 2016
The writer is very ignorant. The name, Department of State Services, has been in existence for a very long time. I knew them as DSS in the 90s sef.
Very brainless article.
Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by benswagtt(m): 7:40pm On Aug 27, 2016
kenonze:
Police always have inferiority complex issues.
They started by wearing camouflage,
E no work,
They thought changing names will make them better.

DSS= Dept. of state service

Which "Services"?

Looting, blackmail, and confusion.

Marlyin Ogar is yet to clear herself with Millionaire Kerosene loot traced to her.
DSS is yet to prove how APC cloned PVC prior to general election that made them invade APC office
lolzzzzzzz! gone are those days. Am sure the regular cadets of Nigeria Police Academy will c to that.

Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by rhektor(m): 8:35pm On Aug 27, 2016
ireneony:
What's the differences between dss and sss..

SSS = State security service
DSS = Daura security service

Gat the picture?
undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by CioAngels(f): 9:17pm On Aug 27, 2016
For me, it took me time to know who they were. Please, the media should stop referring them as dss becos it is fake. What do they think they are? They lost crebility the moment they started bearing dss becos they are thieves. Like someone called them daura state service. Media group should please return to 'SSS' becos they worked with sincerity then and you don't get to know they are probing somebody until it gets to court. But then, will daura state service be thrown out, if president buhari allows since dss is hìs family owned security out fit for the sane 'SSS' to take over.
Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by jaywhoco(m): 11:36pm On Aug 27, 2016
What's in a name? That which we call a rose by another name would smell as sweet...Shakespeare
Re: How Nigeria’s SSS Is Violating The Law And Illegally Parading Itself As DSS by lorddumzy(m): 5:55pm On Sep 22, 2016
hocrusoe:
All of them are just quacks...carrying guns shouting have killed boko haram...have killed my village witches

Lol... Village witches

Oil Thieves Arrested By Navy In Port-Harcourt (Photos) / Police Arrest Cultists, Traffic Robbers Terrorizing Lagos / 4 Convicts Hanged In Edo