Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

The Untold Beginning Of Economic Recession In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Untold Beginning Of Economic Recession In Nigeria (3931 Views)

Nigeria Is Sliding Into Economic Recession Under Buhari’s Watch – Olisa Agbakoba / Buhari Has Removed Veil Of Economic Secrecy- Sen Nwaogu. / Okonjo-iweala Warns Nigerians To Prepare For Economic Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Untold Beginning Of Economic Recession In Nigeria by eabumere: 10:42am On Oct 01, 2009
I was explaining to a friend the causes of the global recession, he kept quiet and just replied that Nigeria has always being in recession. It then dawned on me that i have never seen a good Nigeria.

No power = high cost of Production = less amount of profit = unemployment and underemployment. = recession

No railway = High cost of transport = Less profit = low standard of living = recession

No proper Education = Greed from Leaders = No truth from politicians = vision less struggle = suffering of the masses = recession

A Nigeria that has a nice Educational system, a Nigeria that has Power, A Nigeria that encourages companies to come and invest in the country, a Nigeria that issues scholarships to outstanding students without using influence, A Nigeria that has Jobs for graduates, A Nigeria that, so on and on. Nigeria is 49, Well i have hope that things will be nice. My children will see a good Nigeria.
Re: The Untold Beginning Of Economic Recession In Nigeria by candylips(m): 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2009
the equation is even simpler

Extreme Poverty of Majority of population = Recession
Re: The Untold Beginning Of Economic Recession In Nigeria by eabumere: 6:27pm On Oct 01, 2009
Recession = POVERTY POVERTY = Armed robbery = early grave angry
Re: The Untold Beginning Of Economic Recession In Nigeria by redsun(m): 7:39pm On Oct 01, 2009
I asked a question before if an african can be diagnose medically of depression because in the real sense,almost every african of this present generation is born into a depressed situation apart from those born outside the third world,even in the organize world too,africans are still very much in a depressed situation,relegated to the background.I wonder why.

Depression and recession are whiteman's terms and problems.
Re: The Untold Beginning Of Economic Recession In Nigeria by blacksta(m): 8:05pm On Oct 01, 2009
Nigeria has always been in recession but unfortunately we could not find a name for it until the Global Financial meltdown name was found in America
Re: The Untold Beginning Of Economic Recession In Nigeria by hackney(m): 10:54pm On Oct 01, 2009
Nigeria might be an illusion because some things happen in Nigeria that dont happen
anywhere else, if you think about it.

Nigeria might be a bad dream from which we may wake up one day(like in the matrix) because a real place can't
be that bad even in a competition to be wasteful and self-destructive.
A place where nothing works and the honest are persecuted and stiffled out of office for evil to reign.
Re: The Untold Beginning Of Economic Recession In Nigeria by sjeezy8: 11:02pm On Oct 01, 2009
how can you be in a recession in a developing country? lol

Nigeria never got on its feet to even get a recssion or depression lol

you people should thank god lmfao  wink

Nigeria is among the least indebted countries in the world. Developing countries have their pros and cons because America, Uk,France, Italy, Japan were hit the hardest. Nigeria never had shit to begn with, but now if the government is smart, they can take advantage of the failures of developed Nations.

but i doubt they will even think to
Re: The Untold Beginning Of Economic Recession In Nigeria by Shola2009(m): 11:30pm On Oct 01, 2009
Yea, Nigeria has always been in depression! no be new thing na! it's just that we've adapted to live that way,so it seems normal to us
Re: The Untold Beginning Of Economic Recession In Nigeria by Nezan(m): 10:26am On Oct 02, 2009
At times, I do wonder how we struggle to survive in the midst of all these.
Re: The Untold Beginning Of Economic Recession In Nigeria by saworoide: 1:54pm On Oct 02, 2009
Nigeria, RICH Country; POOR people.
Re: The Untold Beginning Of Economic Recession In Nigeria by eabumere: 2:37pm On Oct 02, 2009
Morals as taught in school is the source of development. Awolowo had a vision for the people of the west, today most of them are educated (he has being immortalized, RIP). Ahmadu Bello had the same drive for the north (Like wise), i am still trying to remember other sources of education for the other part of the country but that does not matter now. the point i am trying to raise is the fact that most of the people educated put us in this condition we are in by neither coming back to impact the acquired knowledge back to the country nor teaching morals . Gowon said Nigeria has so much money that to spend it is a problem during the oil boom era (70s) forgetting that there is something called rural to urbal traffic flux (lack of proper education in action). War is bad and good, any objection in the house? let me explain, after the world war countries were in shambles and had time to start again from the scratch. After the civil war Nigeria was not in shambles but almost in one, the government forgot about us because we were not born. If i may ask now, what i we going to do for the next generation,
Hey, it is true oh. the words recession and meltdown were just the terms that came from the western world.
Re: The Untold Beginning Of Economic Recession In Nigeria by slimes(m): 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2009
Ou own problem is not like recession. We've always had the same problems as we have now. In fact, this our problem no get name.
Re: The Untold Beginning Of Economic Recession In Nigeria by OAM4J: 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2009
Recession don start tei tei, tipe tipe.

From Austerity Measures to SAP, to NEEDS & Reforms, and now Confusion & state of inactive

What we should be asking is what next? (Total Collapse?)
Re: The Untold Beginning Of Economic Recession In Nigeria by tck2000(m): 9:36pm On Oct 10, 2019
'
Re: The Untold Beginning Of Economic Recession In Nigeria by EeyanMayweather(m): 11:19pm On Oct 10, 2019
E don tey wey fowl yansh dey for back. 2009 wey I dey ss1. Lol...
Same story cry
Re: The Untold Beginning Of Economic Recession In Nigeria by Realdeals(m): 11:24pm On Oct 10, 2019
10 years after, same story, nothing has changed.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Favorite African Revolutionary Leaders / Federation Account Allocation: Who Is Short-changing Who? / BREAKING. Scores Dead In Twin Explosion In Maiduguri Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.