Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,679 members, 7,809,574 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. (15027 Views)

Items You Feel Embarrassed About When Buying. Share / Seven Ways To Reward Your Customers / Dollar Drops Below N400/$ For First Time In Seven Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by kittykollinxx(m): 7:17am On Aug 27, 2016
do you need an expert to help you write your thesis from abstract to references? call 07032029089
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by deliveryboy: 7:17am On Aug 27, 2016
1. Listen to your customer when they have issues or complains, I mean genuinely listen, put away your phones, pen, close pages, obviously turn down the volume of TV/radio sets, do not interrupt while they speak and make eyes contact.

2. Confirm you understand their problems by asking questions such as "if I hear you correctly you said you could not run the programme with the new software our company sold to you?" And look to see their response and body language and work with that immediately.

3. Don't act like you want to solve their problems so they'll be happy, fold your sleeves and actually solve their problems, get the right people involved until a solution is reached.

4. Call to follow up on the solutions proffered. Ask questions such as "I just called to know if the replacement product is working perfectly now?" Or "I called to know if you still hear any noise from your pump with the new bearing installed"

5. Document your interaction with each customer and pen down areas you need to improve upon in future interactions.

6. Finally, if you are confident enough, ask the customer how you performed and ask them to rate your performance and areas you could improve.

1 Like

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by mazichika: 7:18am On Aug 27, 2016
edlion57:
Tell ur sales girl to go and buy cokecola for ur customer and he will end up paying for the drink without knowing
Lol
That's how we roll at dei-dei international market Abuja
Igbo man's biz strategy!

1 Like

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by RoyalRoy(m): 7:19am On Aug 27, 2016
lollmaolol:
Plus some customers are very hard to please.

They always want to speak with the superior.[b][/b] grin

By all means a customer has every right to speak with the superior if he or she is not satisfied with your services.

It's a dent on ur rep if every customer wants to speak to your superior.

#WorkOnYourself

1 Like

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by idpompe: 7:22am On Aug 27, 2016
U don enter dafo bus or molue b4?
No single customer service ni.
U go still join d following day .Until u fit buy car
No option.
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by lovebird65(m): 7:22am On Aug 27, 2016
All this for a customer e beta make you kukuma propose marriage to him or her mtchewwwww
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by dayorlee(m): 7:23am On Aug 27, 2016
Ok
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by lollmaolol(m): 7:25am On Aug 27, 2016
RoyalRoy:

By all means a customer has every right to speak with the superior if he or she is not satisfied with your services.

It's a dent on ur rep if every customer wants to speak to your superior.

#WorkOnYourself

Your point has been noted and will be applied / forwarded to the appropriate department.

Thank you @RoyalRoy grin

#constantlyworkingOnMyselfy #tEamLearningContinues

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by Smartbrain2: 7:43am On Aug 27, 2016
find a way to collect their birthday informations, and make sure you send them placards, birthday cards and birthday text messages containing at least N1,500 recharge cards on that day, make no mistake to forget .
that way, they would feel important and will surely come back to patronize you.
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:45am On Aug 27, 2016
sukkot:
resist the urge to slap them even when they are being loquacious and belligerent

When you slap them.

I wish you all the best.
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by chimaobinelson(m): 7:46am On Aug 27, 2016
RoyalRoy:

Not all, most will knowingly sell you inferior goods for the price of the real one and once u go back to complain they never, ever make any ammend. Their intention is to cheat you all along.

Na one chance be that!!
not MOST,a geniue i gbo business man who realy want to trade, will thrive successfuly above his non-igbo competitors.
a friend bought a conga of rice from a yoruba woman,jus becos he said "madam put Jara abeg" the woman poured back the sold rice n walk him out..
but an igbo seller will smile n put even na d small Jara
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by sorepco(m): 8:03am On Aug 27, 2016
I tthaught you were a fool...how wrong i was. I now realise instead that you are a BIG FOOL!

chimaobinelson:
this is an edge the igbo hold above every other tribe in nigerian..an average igbo man knows and apply all this,even without schooling..No doubt their business success
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by Anabel(f): 8:06am On Aug 27, 2016
It's important to know their birthdays too so as to send messages. And incentives are also important. Makes them feel valued.
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 27, 2016
In my days doing biz in naija none of those did I do,because naija people no send as long as you sell the cheapest they'll surely come and even send their friends and folks to you,even if you dey slap them they don't care once they're getting the bargain.I know what am talking about,because I've been there.

Your tips works well in a sane country though.

Well done.
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by idpompe: 8:08am On Aug 27, 2016
Good one.
No customer service for danfo bus
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by ojnnaco(m): 8:15am On Aug 27, 2016
Nice and Wonderful article
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by 2goodbobo(m): 8:28am On Aug 27, 2016
Always go the extra mile for your customer
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by yousouphboi(m): 8:35am On Aug 27, 2016
create a cordial relationship with ur customer
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by chimaobinelson(m): 8:43am On Aug 27, 2016
sorepco:
I tthaught you were a fool...how wrong i was. I now realise instead that you are a BIG FOOL!

Hy imp,have you eaten atall.. grin
insult your irresponsible father for his never-do-well bloodline order than rich-cuties lik mua
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 27, 2016
jazinogold:
customer dadani...
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by DAVE5(m): 9:02am On Aug 27, 2016
englishmart:
Don't have one of your customers as your girlfriend o. She will devalue your valuables and make you an applicant.

Lol, lol, lol, lol, very very very funny but true

Abeg no scatter my ribs this early morning nah
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 27, 2016
BobUg28:
Making your customers feel important is a tremendous step in building customer loyalty. How do you know what customers want in order to feel important? While each individual is different, there are six definitive ways you can make your customers feel important every time they interact with your business.

1. Know Your Customer's Name Know your customer! If you or your service team regularly meets customers face-to-face, then practice learning and memorizing names. Every time the customer returns to your place of business, they are greeted by name, making them feel like they are royalty.

2. Treat Each Customer as Your Best Customer Customers want to know they are valued by your business. No customer should be an interruption. They are the lifeline of your business and should always be treated as such. Train your service staff to give complete attention to a customer. Let the customer know that their needs are the most important item of business at this very moment.

3.Smile Genuinely Why is it so hard for some service professionals to smile? A dour-faced service professional will accomplish much less than one who is friendly. Be sure that you and your service staff practice giving a smile to every customer.

4. Resolve Issues Immediately If you have a customer with an issue, resolve it immediately. Nothing makes a customer feel valued and important than when you drop everything to solve their problem. Avoid saying, "I'll see what I can do." Sometimes it is necessary to get back to a customer at a later date, but if there is an immediate solution available, do it now.

5. Be Proactive Making customers feel important also means that you anticipate their needs. Do you know that Mrs. Smith likes to have a coffee waiting at her table? That Mr. Jones requires extra legroom? Think ahead of your customers. Know what your returning customers need are and be ready to meet them. Though you may not know all the needs of new customers, try your best to read them and anticipate what they may need. Do not be afraid to ask what else you can do to make them happier.

6. Say "Thank You" Your mother probably taught you this fundamental rule, and it is certainly good advice. Always say "thank you" and use the customer's name whenever possible. By acknowledging that you appreciate their patronage, your customers will know they are valued.

Valued customers are your loyal customers. Make the effort to make them feel important. With each positive impact you make on a customer, you will be rewarded - not only with their business, but by referrals and a reputation that precedes you.

7. Add yours.
Remember their birthdays and send them greetings
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by Ndpet(f): 9:24am On Aug 27, 2016
BobUg28:
Making your customers feel important is a tremendous step in building customer loyalty. How do you know what customers want in order to feel important? While each individual is different, there are six definitive ways you can make your customers feel important every time they interact with your business.

1. Know Your Customer's Name Know your customer! If you or your service team regularly meets customers face-to-face, then practice learning and memorizing names. Every time the customer returns to your place of business, they are greeted by name, making them feel like they are royalty.

2. Treat Each Customer as Your Best Customer Customers want to know they are valued by your business. No customer should be an interruption. They are the lifeline of your business and should always be treated as such. Train your service staff to give complete attention to a customer. Let the customer know that their needs are the most important item of business at this very moment.

3.Smile Genuinely Why is it so hard for some service professionals to smile? A dour-faced service professional will accomplish much less than one who is friendly. Be sure that you and your service staff practice giving a smile to every customer.

4. Resolve Issues Immediately If you have a customer with an issue, resolve it immediately. Nothing makes a customer feel valued and important than when you drop everything to solve their problem. Avoid saying, "I'll see what I can do." Sometimes it is necessary to get back to a customer at a later date, but if there is an immediate solution available, do it now.

5. Be Proactive Making customers feel important also means that you anticipate their needs. Do you know that Mrs. Smith likes to have a coffee waiting at her table? That Mr. Jones requires extra legroom? Think ahead of your customers. Know what your returning customers need are and be ready to meet them. Though you may not know all the needs of new customers, try your best to read them and anticipate what they may need. Do not be afraid to ask what else you can do to make them happier.

6. Say "Thank You" Your mother probably taught you this fundamental rule, and it is certainly good advice. Always say "thank you" and use the customer's name whenever possible. By acknowledging that you appreciate their patronage, your customers will know they are valued.

Valued customers are your loyal customers. Make the effort to make them feel important. With each positive impact you make on a customer, you will be rewarded - not only with their business, but by referrals and a reputation that precedes you.

7. Add yours.
BobUg28:

7. Add yours.
BobUg28:

7. Add yours.
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by lizzlix(m): 9:32am On Aug 27, 2016
Mimienudles:
Be Polite
Don't over react when the opposite sex does otherwise. He can't take you away without your consent. Just be calm
hmmm.......ever heard of kidnaping or 'grab and pick' ?
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by Ndpet(f): 9:34am On Aug 27, 2016
BobUg28:

7. Add yours.
there's a saying that customers are always right. so, no matter what your customer do since you know your expectations and aim, u should try to control ur anger.
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by Maximus85(m): 9:53am On Aug 27, 2016
Yes, treat them well but not as royalty. Don't make them feel without them ur company will fold up. Let them have a feeling that you have lots of customers like them and you try your best to satisfy them all.

As you respect them, they also need to respect you. I can't allow a client rule me. I am the one doing them a favor.

In fact there are some clients I tell off.

1 Like

Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by Gkemz: 10:16am On Aug 27, 2016
Be polite to your customers at all times even when they offend you.

Don't engage in a fight or verbal exchange with your customers. Though some customers might be difficult but you have to manage them.

If notice a quarrel among your customers, do not side one party. Try to reconcile both.

Treat every customer equal.

Avoid intimate relationship with your customer except you've known before somewhere else.

Make your customers feel they're important and don't treat them like trash.
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by styless(f): 10:24am On Aug 27, 2016
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by canDy4eva(f): 10:35am On Aug 27, 2016
"Buy" u ment?
veekid:
But them gift at the end of every year
Re: Seven Ways To Make Customers Feel Valued. by Mimienudles(f): 12:12pm On Aug 27, 2016
lizzlix:
hmmm.......ever heard of kidnaping or 'grab and pick' ?
na lie!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cyber Cafe Set Up Tips / CBN Seeks Sweeping Powers To Seize Foreign Currency / Federal Mortgage Bank Of Nigeria In Crisis Over Appointment Of Richard Esin As A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.