Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Dream Team Head Coach Samson Siasia Terminates His Job After Rio 2016 Olympics - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dream Team Head Coach Samson Siasia Terminates His Job After Rio 2016 Olympics (538 Views)

Sanita Samson Siasia Marries Henry Jamell Traditionally (Photos) / Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark / Samson Siasia Signing Keshi's And Amodu's Condolence Registers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dream Team Head Coach Samson Siasia Terminates His Job After Rio 2016 Olympics by Edetntia(m): 11:18am On Aug 27, 2016
Samson Siasia says he would not work for Nigeria as long as the NFF structure remains

– The coach says he was never appreciated for the work done with the U-23 Dream Team

– Siasia also gave his views on the manner in which the team was flown from Atlanta to Manus

Following the Dream Team VI success at the Rio Olympics, head coach Samson Siasia says he will no longer work for Nigeria due to the ill treatment he and the team suffered.

The Dream Team were left stranded in the US just days ahead of the Olympics and arrived Manus, Brazil five hours before their first match against Japan with they eventually won 5-4.

Reports from the camp claim Siasia and the Dream Team were left to fund for themselves and it also emerged that captain John Mikel Obi had to donate some of his cash to help the cash strapped team.

He told Vanguard: “My next step is that I am done with Nigeria for now.”

“You can’t keep going to a place where they don’t appreciate you. It does not worth it. Sometimes it is not about the money but the approach. They seem not to appreciate the sacrifices. I know how much I have sacrificed since the team began camping two years ago.

“How can you keep going to people who don’t appreciate you? It does not make sense, so I am done for now. I have to go somewhere else where they will appreciate what I have done and what I can do and pay me the respect that I deserve.”

He said he’s been coming back to do the dirty jobs of NFF because of his fans.

“I know and that is why I keep coming to do the dirty jobs for them because of my numerous fans out there but I can’t just continue because those fans are not the policy makers. How can you keep toiling for five months without even your salary?

“Nothing has changed in the last two years. It has been from bad to worse, so we must sit down and do something about the structure of Nigerian football and by extension sports in general.

“It doesn’t worth it to work with the people running sports now in Nigeria. From the Federation to the sports ministry. They don’t have it and will not give what they don’t have. It feels bad.

Nigeria dream team players won Bronze at the Rio Olympics
The coach also said he would love for the money supposed to be used to fly the players be Brazil be accounted for.

He said: “We are still waiting to see where the money that was meant for us to fly to Brazil has gone to. Nobody has said anything.

“The federal government sent the money to the Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC) and the NOC said they sent the money to the airline in Florida which up till now they have not received anything, even the airline is planning to sue them for breach of contract because they were supposed to pay some money to them even if they were to cancel the arrangement.

“That is even another issue. We don’t even know how they are going to settle that.”

Despite the troubles faced by the team, Siasia’s boys did the nation proud by winning bronze medal – Nigeria’s only medal at the games.

The Dream Team defeated Honduras 3 – 2 in a third place match played at the Maracana stadium.

Re: Dream Team Head Coach Samson Siasia Terminates His Job After Rio 2016 Olympics by OfficialAwol(m): 11:31am On Aug 27, 2016
He obeyed that law of power that says.....leave when the ovation is high.

SHOW SOME LOVE.....
I am AWOL, an upcoming artiste and my debut single titled ABAKALIKI is dropping on 4th Sept 2016.

It's my intention to make it to the limelight with my first single without having to release hundreds of singles but I can't do it without you guys who are now my family.

So, please help make me by giving me your suggestions, your support, encouragement, and most of all, the popularity and fame by telling others about AWOL.

Follow me on Facebook and instagram @officialawol and on Twitter @awol_official.

Wouldn't you rather help a fellow Nairalander become the next big thing which will start with giving me some likes?
Re: Dream Team Head Coach Samson Siasia Terminates His Job After Rio 2016 Olympics by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 27, 2016
He should for real. Nigeria has never been this bad!
Re: Dream Team Head Coach Samson Siasia Terminates His Job After Rio 2016 Olympics by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 27, 2016
“The federal government sent the money to the Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC) and the NOC said they sent the money to the airline in Florida which up till now they have not received anything, even the airline is planning to sue them for breach of contract because they were supposed to pay some money to them even if they were to cancel the arrangement.

.......see lies......
I hail naija. . . .

“You can’t keep going to a place where they don’t appreciate you. It does not worth it. Sometimes it is not about the money but the approach. They seem not to appreciate the sacrifices. I know how much I have sacrificed since the team began camping two years ago.
“How can you keep going to people who don’t appreciate you? It does not make sense, so I am done for now. I have to go somewhere else where they will appreciate what I have done and what I can do and pay me the respect that I deserve.”
He said he’s been coming back to do the dirty jobs of NFF because of his fans.

I'm I the only person seeing this?

Re: Dream Team Head Coach Samson Siasia Terminates His Job After Rio 2016 Olympics by orimsamsam(m): 1:01pm On Aug 27, 2016
That red beret minister is just incompetent

(1) (Reply)

Ousman Manneh The Regugee Who Realise His Dream / Afcon 2017 Draw / UCL Match Preview : Legia Warszawa Vs Real Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.