Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Developing For Smart Watch - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Developing For Smart Watch (1276 Views)

Design Or Developing For Multilingual Sites? / What's The Best Language For Developing A Social App Like Instagram. / Cost Of Developing An Application Like Youtube In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Developing For Smart Watch by felixchip(m): 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2016
Greetings to the Bosses in the house.

I'm a UI/UX Designer. And, I've been designing for Web, android and ios for a while now.
Few months back, I started designing for Smart Watches. With my first project being a test. Since then, I've worked on two Smart Projects for the Smart Watch. I'll say, it was awesome.

But, I've been curious. I'm yet to see a Nigerian product on the Smart Watch. Or maybe I've not been able to identify one.

So, I'd like to know. Has any of you designed for the Smart Watch?
If yes, can you please tell us what it's like.
And possibly, the name of the App so we can check it out.

If No, why?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Developing For Smart Watch by shollax(m): 5:04pm On Aug 27, 2016
Do you mean, like an Android Watch Face?
Re: Developing For Smart Watch by felixchip(m): 5:14pm On Aug 27, 2016
shollax:
Do you mean, like an Android Watch Face?

Android and iOs Smart Watches.
Re: Developing For Smart Watch by FincoApps(m): 10:26am On Aug 28, 2016
For me, the main issue is the market for them is really poor.

The screen size is also a problem
Re: Developing For Smart Watch by felixchip(m): 4:09pm On Aug 28, 2016
FincoApps:
For me, the main issue is the market for them is really poor.

The screen size is also a problem

Mister Finco, the market is not small. It's a growing market. Sometimes, people need to be shown something before they buy into it.

I attended behance portfolio review earlier this year and, there were just two persons who had the Smart Watches(one iOs and one Android). I showed them one of the UI designs, and they were stunned. Some of them were seeing it for the first time. And, when the devices were used and test run some Apps, the interaction was awesome. And some checked out the devices online. There and then, a guy placed an order for an LG android Smart Watch.

Have you tried taking your "Pin Pals" to the wrist?

2 Likes

Re: Developing For Smart Watch by FincoApps(m): 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2016
felixchip:

Mister Finco, the market is not small. It's a growing market. Sometimes, people need to be shown something before they buy into it.

I attended behance portfolio review earlier this year and, there were just two persons who had the Smart Watch(one iOs and one Android). I showed the one of the UI designs, and they were stunned. Some of them were seeing it for the first time. And, when the devices were used and test run some Apps, the interaction was awesome. And some checked out the devices online. There and then, a guy placed an order for an LG android Smart Watch.

Have you tried taking your "Pin Pals" to the wrist?

Well in a way you are correct.... It's worth considering

(1) (Reply)

Learn To Code The Easy Way / I Need A Programmer For Partnership / I Want To Build A Fintech Software - Who Do I Need Programmers Or Developers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.