Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Life-your Greatest Treasure! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Life-your Greatest Treasure! (715 Views)

Give The First 1000 Days Of Their Life Your Best Shot! / Health Tip, Your Health Is Your Greatest Wealth!!! / Your Health Is Your Greatest Wealth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life-your Greatest Treasure! by Healthyman(m): 5:50pm On Oct 01, 2009
Hi Friends, Life is man's most valuable possession, and next in order of value is health. Without health, LIFE is deprived not only of much, if not all, of its usefulness, but also of its joys and pleasures. For if the body is not in good health, one cannot go about at will: He cannot do what he enjoy doing: he cannot eat the food he would enjoy eating.
        A sick man not only suffer pain and discomfort himself, and he is unable to supply his own needs, but he also requires one or more persons to stop doing their ordinary work and spend their time in caring for him. In this way he becomes a burden to others because they must nurse him and supply his food and clothing.

THE MENACE OF SICK PERSONS:

In addition to all these, the sick person is always in menace to everyone in his immediate neighbourhood, because many diseases are easily carried from one person to another. Have we not all seen instances where one member of a family become sick and in a very such time other members of the family contracted the disease from him and were stricken down? Very often, the diseases spread abroad from that family to other families in the community resulting in large financial loss through the afflicted persons not been able to work or conduct their businesses, and in that greatest of all losses, the LOSS OF HUMAN LIFE. This instance actually happened to me in May 2004 when one of my siblings who had CHICKEN- POX freely gave it out to almost all the members of the family(can u imagine that!) , including my 2year old little nephew. We were all plagued with chicken pox that year,thank God it was not christmas, i would have thought its my brothers way of given out christmas chicken to the whole family,  [color=#990000]THIS [color=#990000]WARNING GOES TO EVERYONE READING THIS PIECE: NEVER HAVE CLOSE CONTACT WITH ANY ONE THAT HAS CHICKEN-POX, IT IS HIGHLY CONTAGEOUS!    [/color] [/color]
         Furthermore, when is impaired it cannot be resorted in a day. It is a grievious error to look upon a disease as a matter of small importance, because it is thought that a cure can be effected by taking few doses of some medicine. Most diseases require many days and expenditure of much effort to effect a cure. It is the first of everyone to take care of his own body and keep it healthy. This is the duty he owes to himself and family, to his neighbour and to his country and above all HIS CREATOR(GOD). It is a mistake to think that sickness is inflicted by the gods or one ogbanje in your village or by climatic condition and so its unavoidable. Neither is LIFE nor DEATH determined by fate,  to be continued. Thanks for reading through my piece, hope it has really been helpful? Till i come your way soon

healthy man.

(1) (Reply)

Best Feeding For 8 Months Baby / Young Mother's Death Highlights Dangers Of Paracetamol / 100% Lemon Grass Soap, For A Stress Free, Arch Free And Blemish Free Skin....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.