Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read (3123 Views)

Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? / Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? / I Still Don't Understand The Concept Of Christianity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2016
Every living being or organism is created to survive. and by survive i mean to strife to attain comfort as against pain.

Before I go further I’ll talk about these concepts I thought of myself. The concept of constants and variables. These concepts give birth to the two main drivers of human actions and in-actions. Pain and comfort.

What are constants?: these are things in life that are certain, always present, these are things that can never be quenched. These constants bring pain to every living organisms or beings. By pain I mean negative emotions which is mostly psychological.

What are variables?: these are things we use to service the constants in order to feel comfortable by suppressing the constants(pains). Which of cos will never permanent as it is only but a variable. Because the constants are the real owners of reality, variables are illusions that create pleasures thereby making us forget about our pains or worries.

ILLUSTRATION OF CONSTANT VS VARIABLE

HUNGER: Hunger comes from pain. Pain of the stomach. Pain to feed. When we eat(variable), we only service this pain thereby making food a variable. Which means the pain never dies, continuous servicing of this pain by eating keeps us alive, hopeful, etc..

KNOWLEDGE: to know is to learn. And every end of a question will surely give rise to more questions. The intelligence level of humans 5,000 years ago cannot be compared to that of today. Those days they worshiped the stars, moon and even the sun, then people came and asked who put them there. Many say evolution, many say God. Then more questions came. Who is this God. And who put him as God. Who started the big bang? More questions which has troubled humanity and cause us pains of uncertainty which of cos can never be solved because pain is constant.

DEATH: Death as we know is constant. Which most people see as aweful. We humans are so obsessed with life(Variable) that the thought of death makes us fear(pain). We cant even imagine being 6 feet. To us being alive is the real deal. We are soaked in pride that we have given a meaning to the movie of life. This is peculiar to religious people. Old age death, paradise, Happily ever after in heaven singing kumbaya, that is done cos they know they cant escape death no matter what so that serves as a comfort for that “aweful” certainty of the thought(pain) of death.

AFTER LIFE: This is a pain in the arss of wiser organisms or species which of cos its we humans, goats don’t care, chickens don’t care, beds don’t care. Their knowledge base is not up to that level to start asking such questions. only we humans do that. so we must comfort ourselves with one theory or the other. This is the most debated one. Everybody wants to pitch tent with a group just to feel comfortable depending on personality, environment or conviction. Christians say heaven and hell, mansions and all that, muslims say same. Bhuddist say nirvana, atheist say death is the last bus stop. Everyone trying to be comfortable in the midst of a constant pain(misery), oh and the religious people have extra pain attached in the concept of hell fire lolz. That’s one very seductive pain that ties the minds and even torment the mind of those who do not even have affiliation with religion. Even after one breaks from religion that pain still pops out once a while. in a sick bed. A pastor who has supposedly lived his life good will still have a pinch of doubt in his mind about the heaven and hell story he has fed his congregation. The pain never dies

So it seems everybody religious, irreligious, theist or atheist are just doing same thing. Fighting our pain. Arguing our way to convincing ourselves about the misery of after life. All in a bid to be comfortable psychologically.

Conclusion

I put this in religion section because religion entertains the most strongest pain(misery of life and after life) in human history till date. now think and understand the psychological drive of every ideology and every fight we take. theist or atheist. my greatest pain has been to educate people about why we do the things we do. and as for religious people who might come to blackmail me with hell fire(pains) dont bother i have gone a great percentage past that fear. wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2016
JhyMedex,
7114garrett , chidex101 (m ), felixomor,
ikihealthplus (m ), obontami, DeSepiero
(m ), 01Mysticdon (m ), gisco200 (m ),
HardMirror (m ), tens4real (m ), frendo4real
(m ), aminusanti (m ), menxer(m ),
KingAdegoke (m ), Owliver(m ),
suzan404 (f), Babalawos (m ), 4everGod ,
berdmisky, Raychellasam, babalawos,
truthman83 , seun , winner01 , exmuslim1 ,
Hahn, ValentineMary , KingEbukasBlog

Good news is here
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by OFMISAT9T: 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2016
angry well, i try to get your point but my noodles cant bring to surface what in actual you're trying to say..are you saying life is a total illusion but death is real or both life and death are twin illusion, again are you saying there's no supreme being(GOD) and our knowledge 'bout him is a delusion? more over are you saying man is the only intelligent animal that seek answers and all other creatures are dumb?
I like the post as it provoke critical thought but what exactly is you tryna dish out

And i'll appreciate if you're concise and precise in your reply lest i think you're only excited by newly acquired knowledge:-P
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by opeaceo: 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2016
How come your only constants are pain and it's derivatives/synonyms?? Why not Happiness, Love, Peace?

And it seems you're cértain that every one fears death. I'll keep my opinion to myself this time. #lipssealed
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2016
opeaceo:
How come your only constants are pain and it's derivatives/synonyms?? Why not Happiness, Love, Peace?

And it seems you're cértain that every one fears death. I'll keep my opinion to myself this time. #lipssealed
love? happiness? peace? those are variables really. they are illusions. especially love. it's all deception.
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by opeaceo: 8:22pm On Aug 27, 2016
KingAdegoke:
love? happiness? peace? those are variables really. they are illusions. especially love. it's all deception.

Correct me if I'm wrong, you're saying pain is the only constant in life?
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2016
opeaceo:

Correct me if I'm wrong, you're saying pain is the only constant in life?
correct. the variables are nothing but variables. pretence.
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by opeaceo: 8:51pm On Aug 27, 2016
KingAdegoke:
correct. the variables are nothing but variables. pretence.

Your analysis is kinda skewed.
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2016
opeaceo:

Your analysis is kinda skewed.
yes it is skewed. for anyone who finds it awkward at first. I was once in same situation. I went through hell to liberate myself. I believe you can be liberated and live a life without fear.

oh what a pitiful world we live in. humans caged by mere knowledge of psychological bully.

if you wish I can talk to you privately and share idea. am sure you'll be saved.

1 Like

Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by opeaceo: 9:02pm On Aug 27, 2016
KingAdegoke:
yes it is skewed. for anyone who finds it awkward at first. I was once in same situation. I went through hell to liberate myself. I believe you can be liberated and live a life with fear.

oh what a pitiful world we live in. humans caged by mere knowledge of psychological bully.

if you wish I can talk to you privately and share idea. am sure you'll be saved.

It was awkward, it is awkward, it would be awkward and it would forever be awkward.

naaa, I don't like such "ideas" to be shared privately.
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 27, 2016
opeaceo:

It was awkward, it is awkward, it would be awkward and it would forever be awkward.

naaa, I don't like such "ideas" to be shared privately.
you should first understand relativity in knowledge. something being awkward is not bad. for instance, where 5 illiterates debate with a literate, whatever the literate says is agreed by the illiterates to be awkward.
so awkwardness does not write off anything. it just confirms a different level of thinking fields.

hope you get. but like they say variety us spice of life for you to know the truth you must seek the truth. find it.

1 Like

Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by OFMISAT9T: 9:30pm On Aug 27, 2016
KingAdegoke:
yes it is skewed. for anyone who finds it awkward at first. I was once in same situation. I went through hell to liberate myself. I believe you can be liberated and live a life without fear.

i thought as much,you're just a beginner;a wanna be critical thinker,you're not yet there, this particular post reveal it all..
When i started the journey,i stop seeing mountain as mountain,river was no longer river until i found that which i was seeking then i see mountain as mountain again river as river.
In other word,when my noodles started towards the path of critical thinking,nothing no longer seem real untill i found the wisdom i was seeking which i call God..
You wont agree with me now but you'll remember this when you find YOU!

Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 27, 2016
OFMISAT9T:

i thought as much,you're just a beginner;a wanna be critical thinker,you're not yet there, this particular post reveal it all..
When i started the journey,i stop seeing mountain as mountain,river was no longer river until i found that which i was seeking then i see mountain as mountain again river as river.
In other word,when my noodles started towards the path of critical thinking,nothing no longer seem real untill i found the wisdom i was seeking which i call God..
You wont agree with me now but you'll remember this when you find YOU!
Lolz please point out the part I said there's no God. don't be ridiculous.
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2016
KingAdegoke:

Didn't you say fear is a kind of pain and that pain is life's one, unchangeable constant ? How come you're also saying someone can live a life without fear? If one can live a life without fear and fear is a kind of pain, then there must be a remedy to all the other types of pain that are not fear, don't you think?

1 Like

Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2016
senbonzakurakageyoshi:

Didn't you say fear is a kind of pain and that pain is life's one, unchangeable constant ? How come you're also saying someone can live a life without fear? If one can live a life without fear and fear is a kind of pain, then there must be a remedy to all the other types of pain that are not fear, don't you think?
that depends on the kind of fear. there are no remedies for fear of after life, religion or no religion that fear never dies. I also have fears. but the worse one as I stated is the one imposed by religion.
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by OFMISAT9T: 10:13pm On Aug 27, 2016
KingAdegoke:
Lolz please point out the part I said there's no God. don't be ridiculous.
now,you point out where i accuse you of saying there's no God. You'r confused but dont worry confusion precede conviction..

Bytheway,you can have the lasts word,it's your post,'m done here..

1 Like

Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 27, 2016
OFMISAT9T:

now,you point out where i accuse you of saying there's no God. You'r confused but dont worry confusion precede conviction..

Bytheway,you can have the lasts word,it's your post,'m done here..
good. which ever way you turn my post addresses every human.

Good night
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by yomi007k(m): 10:25pm On Aug 27, 2016
Nice one
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 28, 2016
undecided
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by ValentineMary(m): 6:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
KingAdegoke:
Every living being or organism is created to survive. and by survive i mean to strife to attain comfort as against pain.

Before I go further I’ll talk about these concepts I thought of myself. The concept of constants and variables. These concepts give birth to the two main drivers of human actions and in-actions. Pain and comfort.

What are constants?: these are things in life that are certain, always present, these are things that can never be quenched. These constants bring pain to every living organisms or beings. By pain I mean negative emotions which is mostly psychological.

What are variables?: these are things we use to service the constants in order to feel comfortable by suppressing the constants(pains). Which of cos will never permanent as it is only but a variable. Because the constants are the real owners of reality, variables are illusions that create pleasures thereby making us forget about our pains or worries.

ILLUSTRATION OF CONSTANT VS VARIABLE

HUNGER: Hunger comes from pain. Pain of the stomach. Pain to feed. When we eat(variable), we only service this pain thereby making food a variable. Which means the pain never dies, continuous servicing of this pain by eating keeps us alive, hopeful, etc..

KNOWLEDGE: to know is to learn. And every end of a question will surely give rise to more questions. The intelligence level of humans 5,000 years ago cannot be compared to that of today. Those days they worshiped the stars, moon and even the sun, then people came and asked who put them there. Many say evolution, many say God. Then more questions came. Who is this God. And who put him as God. Who started the big bang? More questions which has troubled humanity and cause us pains of uncertainty which of cos can never be solved because pain is constant.

DEATH: Death as we know is constant. Which most people see as aweful. We humans are so obsessed with life(Variable) that the thought of death makes us fear(pain). We cant even imagine being 6 feet. To us being alive is the real deal. We are soaked in pride that we have given a meaning to the movie of life. This is peculiar to religious people. Old age death, paradise, Happily ever after in heaven singing kumbaya, that is done cos they know they cant escape death no matter what so that serves as a comfort for that “aweful” certainty of the thought(pain) of death.

AFTER LIFE: This is a pain in the arss of wiser organisms or species which of cos its we humans, goats don’t care, chickens don’t care, beds don’t care. Their knowledge base is not up to that level to start asking such questions. only we humans do that. so we must comfort ourselves with one theory or the other. This is the most debated one. Everybody wants to pitch tent with a group just to feel comfortable depending on personality, environment or conviction. Christians say heaven and hell, mansions and all that, muslims say same. Bhuddist say nirvana, atheist say death is the last bus stop. Everyone trying to be comfortable in the midst of a constant pain(misery), oh and the religious people have extra pain attached in the concept of hell fire lolz. That’s one very seductive pain that ties the minds and even torment the mind of those who do not even have affiliation with religion. Even after one breaks from religion that pain still pops out once a while. in a sick bed. A pastor who has supposedly lived his life good will still have a pinch of doubt in his mind about the heaven and hell story he has fed his congregation. The pain never dies

So it seems everybody religious, irreligious, theist or atheist are just doing same thing. Fighting our pain. Arguing our way to convincing ourselves about the misery of after life. All in a bid to be comfortable psychologically.

Conclusion

I put this in religion section because religion entertains the most strongest pain(misery of life and after life) in human history till date. now think and understand the psychological drive of every ideology and every fight we take. theist or atheist. my greatest pain has been to educate people about why we do the things we do. and as for religious people who might come to blackmail me with hell fire(pains) dont bother i have gone a great percentage past that fear. wink

A very brilliant work I must say but for the bold post I disagree.

Because we can't solve something now does not mean we never would. As a philosopher once said science would progrees from asking how to asking why. This shows that as we progress we ans most of these qus.
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by Nobody: 3:27am On Aug 29, 2016
ValentineMary:

A very brilliant work I must say but for the bold post I disagree.

Because we can't solve something now does not mean we never would. As a philosopher once said science would progrees from asking how to asking why. This shows that as we progress we ans most of these qus.
well, I wouldn't argue that but thanks.
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by DeSepiero(m): 8:03am On Aug 29, 2016
I got your message KingAdegoke.
I understand your point though you didn't pass it across perfectly. Using your analogy, I'd like you to bring in the concept of 'knowledge' in the Constant - Variable equation.
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by agwom(m): 8:30am On Aug 29, 2016
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 29, 2016
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by DeSepiero(m): 8:41am On Aug 29, 2016
senbonzakurakageyoshi:

Following the OPs analogy, fear isn't necessarily the pain. Fear results from knowledge of the pain.

Eg. If death is a pain, one gets afraid by knowing that its inevitable.
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 29, 2016
EMOTIONS this kind of pain is psychological. it tend to deal with family, friends or anyone attached to us. most people cannot disobey their parents even if they ask them to eat shit and that's because of the emotional attachment with those we are familiar with. even when faced with a better or more logical option to make we tend to make decisions based on emotions because our emotions blackmail us with negative feeling(pains). but there's a limit to this kind of pain. this pain is never greater than pain of fear of death. so I can say if my mother picks a knife to attack me with the intention to kill I'll have to pick up my own knife to defend myself. because like I earlier wrote the fear of after life is greater, although there are few people who would be shocked at their mothers attempt that they might even fail to defend themselves leading to death. those are the one we'll later tag foolish. in those cases the emotional attachment is very strong.
So, it's best we understand this concept and put out emotion on check.
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 29, 2016
DeSepiero:

Following the OPs analogy, fear isn't necessarily the pain. Fear results from knowledge of the pain.

Eg. If death is a pain, one gets afraid by knowing that its inevitable.
not right. uncertainty is the pain here. that is, not knowing what awaits.

let's say we know for sure that there's mansions waiting for everyone who dies. people will commit suicide just to hasten that trip. because the struggle of life itself is painful. but since we don't know, we create fantasies(heaven, aljanna, nirvana, etc), repeat it over and over again so it'll become "the truth" which serves as psychological comfort for the time being and live our lives waiting for the inevitable death.
Re: Concept Of CONSTANTS(PAINS) And VARIABLES(COMFORT). Must Read by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 29, 2016
DeSepiero:
I got your message KingAdegoke.
I understand your point though you didn't pass it across perfectly. Using your analogy, I'd like you to bring in the concept of 'knowledge' in the Constant - Variable equation.
first of all if I were to analyse this thread well it will be too long and that will discourage readers that's the reason I made it brief.

the word knowledge is more than what I explained there. there are several types of knowledge.
when you see- you know

when you hear- you know

when you feel- you know

when you hurt urself- you know

when you hear a disturbing explosion- you know

when you read - you know

when someone tells you a secret - you know.

so basically knowledge is life. and the reward for knowledge is pain. life is pain. I only explained knowledge based on questions or knowledge to learn. if I should explain the concept in a board form bros e go long oh.

so if the reward for life is knowledge.
reward for knowledge is pain.
to end the pain is to end life(death)

(1) (Reply)

An Evaluation Of Atum's Revelation On Jesus Christ / Egypt Vs Christianity / Atheist Society Of Nigeria National Convention 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.