Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,501 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

The Igbo Girl Who Became A Hero For Hausa Kids - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The Igbo Girl Who Became A Hero For Hausa Kids (1002 Views)

Enugu Corpers Donate Money To 14-Year-Old Girl Who Had Her Leg Amputated (Photo) / Photo Of A Girl Who Went For NYSC At Age Of 14 / Girl Who Just Finished NYSC Shares The Job Condition A Man Gave Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Igbo Girl Who Became A Hero For Hausa Kids by ebbymayox(m): 9:03pm On Aug 27, 2016
HERO-when we hear this word the first thing that comes to our mind is someone extraordinary who fights in a combat, a war or probably a comic character, someone with superpowers like superman, Spiderman, etc. wearing beautiful costumes to save the city from harm and criminals.
But not all heroes are comic characters, in this Nigeria we still have people who despite the harsh economic situation, still wear their capes and save the city in their little ways.
Our hero today is an Igbo lady in her blazing khaki and her orange boot who saved the children of Shinkafi, Zamfara state.
Staring at the picture above, it is unbelievable or difficult to imagine that in this modern Nigeria, there are still some kids who don’t have seats or table in their classroom, that makes the saying "education is the key to success" a terrible joke.

A large amount of these kids’ time is spent sitting on this bare dirty floor. In this same environment they will have to learn the various skills deemed necessary and proper to achieve success in the global society.
How can you have a positive attitude towards education when one of the basics tool for learning is absent?

When Ms Amanda Nzelu, the hero of this story was first posted to Zamfara, like every corp member from the east she never expected to be posted this far to the north, most people told her to find a way of changing it to another place but she accepted not to and went to see what the place holds for her.
The first heart break came when during her introduction to the class by the principal, she noticed student were all sited on bare floor, she couldn’t believe her eyes.
She felt pity on the kids, she wanted to help, but how can a corper's meagre salary help build chairs and tables for about 200 students.
She didn’t allow this to stop her, as her friend she wrote me and send me the pictures. I was touched, I wanted to help but it came during a time when I was also battling financially. I couldn’t help her in a nutshell.

Yesterday, scrolling through her Facebook page, I saw new pictures she posted. It’s now a year she sent me those pictures I talked about at the beginning of this story,
In the new pictures she posted, I saw classroom desks about 200 with her name boldly written as the donator, I was so much happy. Look at the picture, see the joy in the eyes of the pupils.
The moral of this story is that you don’t have process all the resources or always wait for the government to help the society, or help people just because they are your tribe, help with the little you have and see how our Nigeria changes gradually. This is the real change we should preach.
Not all heroes wear capes or have superpower, some wear just NYSC khaki.
Read and keep sharing! The world needs to hear this!

Cc:lalastica
Cc:seun

Re: The Igbo Girl Who Became A Hero For Hausa Kids by Alertz3(m): 9:16pm On Aug 27, 2016
Nice one
Re: The Igbo Girl Who Became A Hero For Hausa Kids by femolacqua(m): 9:18pm On Aug 27, 2016
Wow, keep up the good work.
Re: The Igbo Girl Who Became A Hero For Hausa Kids by Alertz3(m): 9:19pm On Aug 27, 2016
Nice one. Life is about service.
Re: The Igbo Girl Who Became A Hero For Hausa Kids by ever811(m): 9:21pm On Aug 27, 2016
na today Igbo's don dey help this people? its been happening before "utman danfodio" mama saw her period...
Re: The Igbo Girl Who Became A Hero For Hausa Kids by delishpot: 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2016
She has tried.
Re: The Igbo Girl Who Became A Hero For Hausa Kids by ojun50(m): 10:17pm On Aug 27, 2016
She has don well
igbo kewuuu
Re: The Igbo Girl Who Became A Hero For Hausa Kids by Welcomme: 10:32pm On Aug 27, 2016
That wont still stop them from killing her if riot starts. No matter what u do for them, once they know u are a christian, they automatically see u as their enemy. Sometimes I wonder why and I ask, BUT WHY?
Re: The Igbo Girl Who Became A Hero For Hausa Kids by Sealeddeal(m): 6:24am On Aug 28, 2016
The leaders from northern states remains the most criminally minded set of people I have ever seen.
Good job Corp member!

(1) (Reply)

See What These Corpers Were Seen Doing In Ibadan City On Independent Day(pic) / As Seen In Kogi....kabba/bunu L.G.A / Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur Grant Is A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.