Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,218 members, 7,811,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook (15364 Views)

Tips To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook / 7 Reasons Why I Uninstalled WhatsApp From My Device, And You Should Too (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by dogstyle007(m): 4:42pm On Aug 28, 2016
Facebook purchased WhatsApp some years back. Facebook is also known for changing, often revamping itself and also everything in its portfolio. You can take the changes that have been going on in Instagram as an example. Uncharacteristically, Facebook left WhatsApp alone for the most part. New features were introduced but none of the features were tied to the app as a Facebook-owned product. The change, inevitable as it was, is finally here.

WhatsApp will now start to share your data with Facebook to serve users better ads. I know most people will find this feature annoying. But, before you hurry to uninstall the app, you should know there is a very simple and easy way to disable this feature. The news that WhatsApp will start sharing data has been publicized so much, also the fact that you can opt out of it has more or less been lost. See how to opt out.

Open your WhatsApp and it will immediately tell you it has updated its terms of service and privacy policy. Just tap on the “Agree” button to agree to its new terms, or you can as well defer giving it your consent by tapping on the “Not Now” button. It might seem as though you don’t really have a choice in the matter and still have to just agree to the new terms but this isn’t the case now.

Tap on the “Read more about key updates…” section and you will automatically be taken to the Terms and Privacy Policy screen. In this section, you can turn Off data sharing Off.

If you mistakenly dismissed the prompt, you can still opt-out of it by going to Settings>>Account and turning the “Share my account info” option to Off. This option will not appear in the Account section if you’ve already opted out when you were first prompted about it so it’s very likely that you can’t enable this option in the future. It’s also a possible change that needs the next app version to be released so you can be able to change it outside of the prompt. Although, the good thing is that you are not being forced to choose between using a chat app and keeping your conversations private.

Source >> http://www.johnboscoville.com/2016/08/27/stop-whatsapp-sharing-data-facebook/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by Flexherbal(m): 5:01pm On Aug 28, 2016
Ok. Thanks!
Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by dogstyle007(m): 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2016
Flexherbal:
Ok. Thanks!
you're welcome smiley
Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by zzzzy: 7:15pm On Aug 28, 2016
Tnks, although i accepted it.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by dogstyle007(m): 8:00pm On Aug 28, 2016
zzzzy:
Tnks, although i accepted it.
Welcome, Do you like the sharing idea by Whatsapp?

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by zzzzy: 8:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
dogstyle007:
Welcome, Do you like the sharing idea by Whatsapp?
ya.. I think it'd provide better services.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by dogstyle007(m): 8:15pm On Aug 28, 2016
zzzzy:
ya.. I think it'd provide better services.
okay.... Let's just hope it's for the best tho....and nothing fishy smiley
Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by gift01: 7:02am On Aug 29, 2016
Give to us the Post Mortem antidote as we have already clicked on the agree button.
A splendid week to you all. September is here

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by justicejay(m): 7:02am On Aug 29, 2016
some one also sent me dis message yesterday, I tried it..but I don't think their is something like that in my whatsapp
Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by mhizAnnie(f): 7:02am On Aug 29, 2016
Ok
Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by beautiful232(f): 7:03am On Aug 29, 2016
Thanks much
Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by Temitope223(m): 7:04am On Aug 29, 2016
Nice info
Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by jazinogold(m): 7:06am On Aug 29, 2016
Thanks
Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by faorex(m): 7:08am On Aug 29, 2016
thanks so much
Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by skyo78(m): 7:11am On Aug 29, 2016
They are not going to share your data with Facebook. People are just spreading unnecessary rumors.

It's even clearly written there that your data is not going to be shared.

7 Likes

Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by AdeKamal(m): 7:22am On Aug 29, 2016
however, i don't think that'll prevent them from knowing what you post on whatsapp... despite the end to end encryption..

thus, I strongly recommend you don't post any rubbish anywhere ...besides why must you?

6 Likes

Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by Kimjinkyu(f): 7:33am On Aug 29, 2016
If you are an existing user, you can choose not to share your account information with Facebook to improve your Facebook ads and products experiences. Facebook and the Facebook family of companies will still receive and use this information for other purposes, such as improving infrastructure and delivery systems, understanding how our services or theirs are used, securing systems, and fighting spam, abuse, or infringement activities.
Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by jessetom(m): 7:46am On Aug 29, 2016
Nigerians sef. Okay someone should tell me what he/she thinks that Facebook and Whatsapp means by "Sharing Your Data ". What it entails. Why they wanna do it. I bet 95% of those disabling this wonderful feature can not answer the above listed questions.

Anyways, wetin consign me.
*sips tea*

2 Likes

Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by vosquare: 7:49am On Aug 29, 2016
grin
Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by vosquare: 7:50am On Aug 29, 2016
jessetom:
Nigerians sef. Okay someone should tell me what he/she thinks that Facebook and Whatsapp means by "Sharing Your Data ". What it entails. Why they wanna do it. I bet 95% of those disabling this wonderful feature can not answer the above listed questions.

Anyways, wetin consign me.
*sips tea*
Na so
Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by vosquare: 7:50am On Aug 29, 2016
wetn concern Facebook with what u post on whatsapp??
Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by Taeewo(m): 8:03am On Aug 29, 2016
Good
Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by ibroh22(m): 8:15am On Aug 29, 2016
cool,,but I accepted it yesterday
Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by nacotic(m): 8:15am On Aug 29, 2016
I'm using a blackberry Q5 and I haven't seen any settings on my whatsapp, does anybody have d same problem or a solution?

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by femi4: 8:26am On Aug 29, 2016
vosquare:
I added someone to my whatsapp list, the next time I opened Facebook the first "suggested people you may know" by Facebook was that person

2 Likes

Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by Histrings08(m): 8:49am On Aug 29, 2016
Pfft
Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by AnodaIT(m): 9:17am On Aug 29, 2016

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by Onyenna(m): 9:26am On Aug 29, 2016
Okay....
Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by EdDave(m): 9:40am On Aug 29, 2016
vosquare:
Because Mark Zuckeberg owns Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram and Oculus. He s trying to integrate them so anything u post or do on one can be shared on another.
Nice business model.
But the user can always have the option of sharing.
Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 29, 2016
Good news for em G -boys dem grin
Re: How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook by dogstyle007(m): 11:06am On Aug 29, 2016
nacotic:
I'm using a blackberry Q5 and I haven't seen any settings on my whatsapp, does anybody have d same problem or a solution?
i think it's an update feature....and it's like Whatsapp doesn't push new update to blackberry devices and some other devices....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Android Is Even More Unsecure Than We Thought / Infinix Joins Dr Sid And Evogames To Host Mobile Gaming Tournament / How To Transfer Contact From Blackberry Z10/Q10/Q5/Z30 To Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.