Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,092 members, 7,852,693 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:46 AM

Please Help!! A Case Of Impersonation - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Help!! A Case Of Impersonation (382 Views)

Soldier Recently Dismissed For Impersonation, Arrested Again For Robbery - Pics / Maryam Umar 'Kofar Mata' Arrested For Impersonation Possession Of Police Uniform / EFCC Arraigns Two For Impersonation, N1 Million Fraud(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help!! A Case Of Impersonation by StreetCred: 5:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
I lost my phone on the 21st of july 2016, Sony Xperia P3 precisely. Tho I av retrieved my number, bought another phone. I registered another whatsapp on the new phone with a different and active number am currently using..

NB: The number of my previous whatsapp isn't an active one, damaged since 2015 but still kept on using it while I already have a new SIM.

I noticed of recent, 2 days ago precisely, my previous whatsapp number I was using on the lost phone was online with my last picture and status update for the past two days.

And the impersonator behind this is replying chats.

I find this very creepy, I expected the fone would have been formatted at least to erase my data

I don't care about the phone again but what if the whatsapp is being used to commit a crime with my picture on it??

please I need your help, what can I do?
any security operatives here or any advice?

mods:
OAM4j
mynd44
lalasticlala
Seun
Re: Please Help!! A Case Of Impersonation by StreetCred: 6:42pm On Aug 28, 2016
lalasticlala
mynd44
Please help push this to FrontPage, my mind is not at rest.

(1) (Reply)

Father Of Five Caught Red Handedly Stealing Plantain In Akwa Ibom / Police Arrests Man Who Killed 70-year-old Woman, Her Son In Jigawa / Man Pleads Guilty To Sexual Abuse Of 2-year-old Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.