Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,348 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. (9125 Views)

Fashola Inspects 450 MW Azura Independent Power Plant In Benin (Photos) / Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW / Nigeria Can Generate 12,000 MW Of Electricity — Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by allytinted: 9:12am On Aug 29, 2016
netmillionaires:
The only problem I am having now is the non-paying electric service users. How on earth will someone be enjoying a service for over 2 years and not pay. Some local government alone owe PHCN atleast 10 billion in unpaid debt. When I saw d amount being owed by houses in one street alone, I almost fainted. Imagine one house alone owing as much as 600k in unpaid debt... And monthly bill no dey pass 3k to 4k o. And we want uninterrupted power supply. No be money dem dey use provide electricity ni... Thanks to d government for the improvement in power supply. We now have up to 18hours supply daily. We shall get there soon.
You Are Right To An Extent But Most Of The Debt Owed By Houses Are Actually The Accumulation Of The Electricity They Never Used When Their Light Was Disconnected.
Let Government Provide Power And You'll See Nobody Wouldnt Want To Be Left Out From The Enjoyment Thereby Paying As At When Due.
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by striker9(m): 9:20am On Aug 29, 2016
investnotspend:
When I said FASHOLA was not here for TEA PARTY , you guys thought I was joking , roads and power to Fashola izz nothing as some artist would say it , just provide fash that cash and he would walk the talk as we have seen in lagos , currently in my house now we now beg them to take the light as we don't have prepaid meter yet so am scared of the bill that will come with it , but we have been assured that we are getting the meter soon has they have come to take counts of how many needed.

Sorry IPOB bad news lol
Some says there is constant power cos of the rain, but still we gotta give to fash,he's got a plan and its working. There has been light here for at least 21hrs in the last 24hrs and still on as I'm typing.I believe things will get better soon ..

1 Like

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by azz19: 9:23am On Aug 29, 2016
A friend of mine is conducting a survey regarding power supply in Nigeria. Kindly help him by taking part in the survey.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeBBtSt52RMDUckh3SOtzAnaQ8Qwwia2mVfFW8d_yopmcO4bQ/viewform?c=0&w=1
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by Babasunel(m): 9:23am On Aug 29, 2016
Niger state, the power state can boast of barely four hours of light per day. pls u people should not generalise that power has improved.
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by PETRUCE: 9:45am On Aug 29, 2016
AZeD1:

I know you support the APC but almost eradicating our power problems? Seriously?
As a country, we need to be generating at least 50k MW and we have not even gotten to 10MW.

We are moving forward but we are not even close. Easy with the exaggeration.

50k MW ?

Chisos

50000MW better
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by AZeD1(m): 9:51am On Aug 29, 2016
PETRUCE:

50k MW ?

Chisos

50000MW better
? ? ? ? ?
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by investnotspend: 10:42am On Aug 29, 2016
striker9:
Some says there is constant power cos of the rain, but still we gotta give to fash,he's got a plan and its working. There has been light here for at least 21hrs in the last 24hrs and still on as I'm typing.I believe things will get better soon ..

Well said my brother , yes Fashola has got a plan and we all can see it as the minister has keep updating us from time to time , unlike the last government that failed to carry it's citizens along. What we need to do is to continue praying for these govt that they should succeed cos it's gonna be a WIN WIN for everybody irrespective of your tribe . God bless you my brother and have a great day ahead

2 Likes

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by copjtels: 10:46am On Aug 29, 2016
why is every development and projects now in Nigeria is only in the north and west how about the south-east and south south where the money is coming from God is watching But y not just let Baifrans go na
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by striker9(m): 10:50am On Aug 29, 2016
investnotspend:

Well said my brother , yes Fashola has got a plan and we all can see it as the minister has keep updating us from time to time , unlike the last government that failed to carry it's citizens along. What we need to do is to continue praying for these govt that they should succeed cos it's gonna be a WIN WIN for everybody irrespective of your tribe . God bless you my brother and have a great day ahead
Amen and u too..
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by litaninja(m): 11:07am On Aug 29, 2016
Errr...while i'm a strong supporter of the current government, 100MW does not even make a dent in our power generations needs, but at least they are doing something, unline a certain past leader who would remain unamed.
The current govt needs to move faster and more aggressively towards its objectives and stop ambiguous statements OUTSIDE of the country.
Oyinbo talk say, at all at all na im bad.

aresa:

www.biztechafrica.com/article/scatec-solar-secures-100-mw-solar-project-nigeria/11650/?country=nigeria

We've almost eradicated our electricity problems in less than 2 years, something the looting and stealing 16 years of PDP couldn't do...

Sai Nigeria

Sai PMB..

1 Like

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by slimfit1(m): 11:23am On Aug 29, 2016
Agimor:
100 mW is too small even a local government in delta state anyway a way to go.

Sorry but don't type cluelessly go and learn abeg. Be it 10mw or 5mw that means less stress to the power grid. Go and learn how power works before typing abe.
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by slimfit1(m): 11:25am On Aug 29, 2016
copjtels:
why is every development and projects now in Nigeria is only in the north and west how about the south-east and south south where the money is coming from God is watching But y not just let Baifrans go na

They are blowing everything up so until they are ready for business other stable states will be receiving adequate development.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by Resido: 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2016
www.biztechafrica.com/article/scatec-solar-secures-100-mw-solar-project-nigeria/11650/?country=nigeria

We've almost eradicated our electricity problems in less than 2 years, something the looting and stealing 16 years of PDP couldn't do...

Sai Nigeria

Sai PMB..

You must be a clown
Eradicate ko abolish ni
No be this same Naija we dey

1 Like

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
aresa:

Almost eradicating and Eradicated are 2 different things...

Power supply is stabilizing as we speak

We have 14 new solar power plant coming up

4,000MW Mambilla power plant is coming up

IPPs are going up in Kano, Kaduna and so on

Dangote Gas plant means more than enough Gas for our gas starved power plants

Dangote power plant is set to generate whooping 12,000MW less than 2 years from now

6,000 installed capacity

1,275MW solar

4,000MW Mambilla

12,000MW Dangote

= 25,000MW

We will have steady power supply in less than 4 years..

Yes, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

This has nothing to with APC or any political party, this is reality...

All na for mouth abeg gbenu sowun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by olamkas: 5:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
aresa:

Many areas in Nigeria today are already getting close to 18 hours @ less than 5000MW so with additional 12,000MW from Dangote alone in less than 2 ears from now it's safe to conclude that we are almost there..

Correction on my part.

We have 10,396.0 MW installed capacity so adjusting my math means a good forecast for 27,671MW.

Aftet 55 years of failure and 16 years of PDP and stolen $20 billion power funds, we are going to double our installed capacity in less than 4 years..
i get close to 18 hrs power supply in my area of agriculture rd.abattoir
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by aresa: 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2016
copjtels:

Sorry my friend, this money is not your SS or Nigerian money, this is Canadian money and investment and investors decided where to site their businesses, not you.

For any sane and responsible investor to invest in your land and safeguard their investments, first learn how to be peaceful, accommodating, welcoming, less destructive and less violent because investors are not stupid and they care less about you and your tribal nonsense...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by aresa: 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2016
olamkas:

i get close to 18 hrs power supply in my area of agriculture rd.abattoir

This is the same great news we are getting from all over Nigeria..

The price of rice is falling

Tomato already crashed

Electricity is getting better and we are looking at more than 20,000MW in less than 2 years.

Self sufficiency in fuel production and export for forex

Self sufficiency in fertilizer and export for forex

Self sufficiency in Gas and export for forex

Self sufficiency in petrochemical for our factories and industries and export for forex..

Hundreds of thousands of jobs

All in 2 years from now..

We are getting out of the woods earlier than expected...
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by laudate: 11:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
aresa:
Many areas in Nigeria today are already getting close to 18 hours @ less than 5000MW so with additional 12,000MW from Dangote alone in less than 2 ears from now it's safe to conclude that we are almost there..

Correction on my part.

We have 10,396.0 MW installed capacity so adjusting my math means a good forecast for 27,671MW.

Aftet 55 years of failure and 16 years of PDP and stolen $20 billion power funds, we are going to double our installed capacity in less than 4 years..

Which areas are getting close to 18 hours of power in Nigeria? shocked Are they getting it daily or weekly or monthly? Please be specific, o! undecided And kindly list out those areas so we can cross-check & verify! Thank you as you comply... sad
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by aresa: 12:20am On Aug 30, 2016
laudate:

Which areas are getting close to 18 hours of power in Nigeria? shocked Are they getting it daily or weekly or monthly? Please be specific, o! undecided And kindly list out those areas so we can cross-check & verify! Thank you as you comply... sad

Why are you asking me?

Shouldn't be asking Nigerians all over the country saying the same thing and also many in this same thread saying the same thing?

laudate:
Those that have ears to hear, let them hear! Anyway, all efforts should be made to enable the SE get their Biafra so that everyone can have peace... undecided

And I know what's best for Nigeria is sad news to you Igbos, but try worry about your ipob and let Nigerians worry about Nigeria...
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by laudate: 12:29am On Aug 30, 2016
aresa:
Why are you asking me?

Shouldn't be asking Nigerians all over the country saying the same thing and also many in this same thread saying the same thing?

And I know what's best for Nigeria is sad news to you Igbos, but try worry about your ipob and let Nigerians worry about Nigeria...

Guy, why the aggressive response? You made an assertion. You were asked to give specifics and instead of doing so, you turned round, got defensive and dished out the IPOB label. Why?? shocked You have the wrong person, bro'. Hear me well o, I gat nothing to do with IPOB. I fit borrow you my contact lens make you take am check all my posts on NL, o!

By the way, I am still waiting for you to answer the question! Who exactly are these your so-called Nigerians saying the same thing? From which areas exactly? Did you conduct a survey or a census before you came up with this so-called "18 hours of power supply?" He who asserts must prove! Chikena! cheesy

We are waiting for you to substantiate your propaganda! cool
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by aresa: 12:48am On Aug 30, 2016
[s]
laudate:

Guy, why the aggressive response? You made an assertion. You were asked to give specifics and instead of doing so, you turned round, got defensive and dished out the IPOB label. Why?? shocked You have the wrong person, bro'. Hear me well o, I gat nothing to do with IPOB. I fit borrow you my contact lens make you take am check all my posts on NL, o!

By the way, I am still waiting for you to answer the question! Who exactly are these your so-called Nigerians saying the same thing? From which areas exactly? Did you conduct a survey or a census before you came up with this so-called "18 hours of power supply?" He who asserts must prove! Chikena! cheesy

We are waiting for you to substantiate your propaganda! cool
[/s]

worry about your ipob and let Nigerians worry about Nigeria...
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by laudate: 1:04am On Aug 30, 2016
aresa:

Hehehehe.... let me laugh in my native language first! grin Why are you hyperventilating and dragging IPOB into this matter? Are you sure you have not been taking tutorials from them secretly? undecided By the way, I am a full-fledged Nigerian o, and I remain one for life! Am sorry if that fact offends you...

You were asked a small question. Just substantiate your claims of "18 hours power supply" by listing the areas, districts, towns and cities where this has become a reality. You have still not been able to do so. I don't want to accuse an old man like you of lying...okay. cheesy So get off your high horse, stop getting defensive and answer the question. Simple! cool
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by aresa: 1:07am On Aug 30, 2016
[s]
laudate:

Hehehehe.... let me laugh in my native language first! grin Why are you hyperventilating and dragging IPOB into this matter? Are you sure you have not been taking tutorials from them secretly? undecided

You were asked a small question. Just substantiate your claims of "18 hours power supply" by listing the areas, districts, towns and cities where this has become a reality. You have still not been able to do so. I don't want to accuse an old man like you of lying...okay. cheesy So get off your high horse, stop getting defensive and answer the question. Simple! cheesy
[/s]

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by laudate: 1:10am On Aug 30, 2016
aresa:

Haba! Why you dey fall my hand like this, you old man ehn? Have you joined the copy and paste brigade? Or are you too intellectually challenged to supply answers to the questions you have been asked? cheesy

N.B: By the way, I am a full-fledged Nigerian o, and I remain one for life! cool Am sorry if that fact offends you...but I gat nothing to do with IPOB.
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by aresa: 1:34am On Aug 30, 2016
[s]
laudate:

Haba! Why you dey fall my hand like this, you old man ehn? Have you joined the copy and paste brigade? Or are you too intellectually challenged to supply answers to the questions you have been asked? cheesy

N.B: By the way, I am a full-fledged Nigerian o, and I remain one for life! cool Am sorry if that fact offends you...but I gat nothing to do with IPOB.
[/s]

Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by aresa: 1:42am On Aug 30, 2016
NIGERIAN IN DIASPORA LEADS INVESTMENT IN 1,200MW SOLAR POWER PROJECT

In Diaspora, Emmanuel Irono, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Nigerian government to deliver 1,200MW of solar-powered electricity in the country within the next two years.

Emmanuel Irono is the Chief Executive Officer of Motir Services, a US based company and major partner in the investment consortium. In a brief ceremony to mark the signing of the MoU in Abuja, Irono said the consortium has a portfolio of over $5 billion. The funds, which can be accessed over a period of five years, will go into financing its integrated renewable energy projects.

“The proposed solar technology to be installed is guaranteed U.S standard,” he said. He stated that the consortium has the capacity to increase the scope of project up to 10,000MW in the next five years.

http://venturesafrica.com/nigerian-in-diaspora-leads-investment-in-1200mw-solar-power-project/
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by laudate: 9:13am On Sep 01, 2016
aresa:

Eeyah...may God deliver you from your bile! Too much bitterness has clouded your vision. cheesy As a Nigerian, I pray for my country everyday and I know God will take control & restore her good fortunes.
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by honeychild(f): 9:43am On Sep 01, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Guy laudate is not IPOB o..... grin grin grin
Re: Scatec Solar Secures 100 MW Solar Project In Nigeria. by laudate: 10:37am On Sep 01, 2016
honeychild:
Guy laudate is not IPOB o..... grin grin grin

No mind am. cool May God deliver him from his poor sense of judgement!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Were Doing Almost Everything Possible To Have The 2nd Biafran Civil War! / Nnewi: Refuse Takes Over Major Roads / Breaking News: Emeka Ihedioha Wins Imo Gubernatorial Elections, PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.