Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

The Fate Of Certificates In Nigeria. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Fate Of Certificates In Nigeria. (466 Views)

Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics / Authentication Of Certificates / 17 Days After Initial Deadline, LASU Extends Collection Of Certificates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Fate Of Certificates In Nigeria. by ezelos(m): 7:14pm On Aug 28, 2016
Certificates! Academic or professional? How valuable are these documents in gaining employment? So far, the answer is far-fetched. There are disturbing factors necessitating against the relevance of educational qualifications. First, most of those still overseeing the affairs of Nigeria are SSCE holders who tighten their fist to ensure academically qualified persons do not oust them. Second, there is no correlation between the varsity derived knowledge and the actual technical no-how except in few cases, e.g. Medicine, Law, Teaching. The real engineers are the mechanics, bricklayers, auto mobile builders, likewise real farmers etc. and not a graduate who is a novice or who is too pompous to be humble. Again, developed countries of the G7 give prominence to vocational or artistry skills than certificates, hence, people in these categories earn weighty pay since they are the real driving force of the economy. No wonder we have skilled and unskilled labour. But Nigeria must revive the comatose university based knowledge towards meeting the need and expectation of the real world.

(1) (Reply)

Please Guys, I Need Help With My Project / Pease Help Me I Read A Novel!! / Computerized Wheel Balancing, Wheel Alignment And Vulcanizing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.