Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,108 members, 7,863,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:06 AM

Dear Mimi- I Don't Want To Be A Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Mimi- I Don't Want To Be A Mother (598 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do / I Am In A Dilemma. I Don't Want To Be A Baby Mama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Mimi- I Don't Want To Be A Mother by MimiKnows: 11:03pm On Aug 28, 2016
I am a 36 years old woman married to a 29 years old man.

We have been married for two years. Before we got married, I told my husband I did not want to have any children as I had a bad childhood and do not want to have any children because the world is such an evil place. He agreed and even said he was not interested in children either.

Recently his family have been agitating for a child and now my husband is saying he would like us to have at least one child. I love my husband but I am very sure I do not want to be a mother.

What should I do?

–Don’t want to be a mother

Read More at: http://www.herald.ng/mimi-knows-dont-want-mother/
Re: Dear Mimi- I Don't Want To Be A Mother by ironheart(m): 11:51pm On Aug 28, 2016
No problem, as long as you do not fight his baby mama, no body will care.
Re: Dear Mimi- I Don't Want To Be A Mother by EfemenaXY: 7:12am On Aug 29, 2016
She shouldn't have married him in the first place. One would be hard pressed to find a man that young who'll agree to such terms without an underlying motive.

Sounds like he married her for papers hence him "agreeing" not to have kids. Well, since the agreement on which their union was established is about to be broken, they'd best part ways.

I get that she probably just wants a companion and not kids (perfectly understandable as lots of couples don't want children), so next time when contemplating marriage, she should go for a divorcee or widower whose already had kids - preferably grown up ones - and don't want anymore.
Re: Dear Mimi- I Don't Want To Be A Mother by jashar(f): 10:09am On Aug 29, 2016
 Then, you shouldn't have gotten married. It's no longer your life; your choices. 
You have to consider your husband now.

Men are fickle but if you are a Nigerian,
you should know that family pressure no go gree una stay without children.

Except you travel out and be far away from family pressure.

(1) (Reply)

This Baby Was Born Twice / FAMILY Goals / Gender Equality: Why I Only plan on marrying rich babes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.