Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Urgent!!! Whatsapp Will Expose Your Information On Facebook. Read Pls - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Urgent!!! Whatsapp Will Expose Your Information On Facebook. Read Pls (1577 Views)

These Are The Phones Whatsapp Will Shut Down On From 2018 / Whatsapp Will Not Work On These Phones / Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent!!! Whatsapp Will Expose Your Information On Facebook. Read Pls by kolajoo(m): 4:48am On Aug 29, 2016
URGENT !!!!it just came to my noticed that
WhatsApp will send you an update requesting you agree to their new terms and condition. Try and read the terms and condition before agreeing.
When you agree, go to Settings > Accounts. You will see that option to allow sharing of your information on facebook have been checked for you. You have just between now and September ending to change it (uncheck it) otherwise you will not be able to change it again. Please be on the alert and inform others. Its another attempt to start sharing your whatsapp information on facebook which you will not have control over anymore.

1. Open your Whatsapp.
2. Click on Settings
3. Click on Account
4. You will see 'Share My Account'.
5. If you read underneath, you will see that all your information from Whatsapp is shared with Facebook
6. Quickly switch it off.
7. You have only few days to do this.

Pls do d needful, i just did mine.

Mod please do the necessary things and move it to rightful section. Thanks you
@lala

2 Likes

Re: Urgent!!! Whatsapp Will Expose Your Information On Facebook. Read Pls by coolzeal(m): 4:55am On Aug 29, 2016
I just did....Thanks man and God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent!!! Whatsapp Will Expose Your Information On Facebook. Read Pls by recievesense: 4:57am On Aug 29, 2016
I just did thanks

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Whatsapp Will Expose Your Information On Facebook. Read Pls by yolanda233(m): 5:04am On Aug 29, 2016
I can't see the Share my account on my board

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Whatsapp Will Expose Your Information On Facebook. Read Pls by eleko1: 5:30am On Aug 29, 2016
undecided Why panic? undecided una have skeletons in una cupboard sad like N**E. Pinsures sad lipsrsealed undecided o live a fake lifestyle undecided

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Whatsapp Will Expose Your Information On Facebook. Read Pls by magnetik(m): 5:34am On Aug 29, 2016
OP please what is wrong in such being shared, because I see that if you opt out you can't undo . What if this might be of some kind of benefit in future as related to business and sorts.?
Re: Urgent!!! Whatsapp Will Expose Your Information On Facebook. Read Pls by DjAndroid: 5:36am On Aug 29, 2016
Stale
Re: Urgent!!! Whatsapp Will Expose Your Information On Facebook. Read Pls by avril9(f): 5:53am On Aug 29, 2016
No wonder am seeing contacts that never knew my facebook name send me frd requests,for some weeks now I guess they synchronised all the contact from whatsapp to fb. hmmm we toast to the advantage and disadvantage of this.

3 Likes

Re: Urgent!!! Whatsapp Will Expose Your Information On Facebook. Read Pls by Azujabeel(m): 6:06am On Aug 29, 2016
thanks for the information, however both Whatsapp and Facebook account can be deactivated anytime. cool
Re: Urgent!!! Whatsapp Will Expose Your Information On Facebook. Read Pls by kolajoo(m): 6:20am On Aug 29, 2016
magnetik:
OP please what is wrong in such being shared, because I see that if you opt out you can't undo . What if this might be of some kind of benefit in future as related to business and sorts.?
Just a simple question. Have you been a scam victim before? And don't you think you will be expose to 3rd party.

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Whatsapp Will Expose Your Information On Facebook. Read Pls by kolajoo(m): 6:23am On Aug 29, 2016
coolzeal:
I just did....Thanks man and God bless.
Uwc.
Re: Urgent!!! Whatsapp Will Expose Your Information On Facebook. Read Pls by kolajoo(m): 6:26am On Aug 29, 2016
avril9:
No wonder am seeing contacts that never knew my facebook name send me frd requests,for some weeks now I guess they synchronised all the contact from whatsapp to fb. hmmm we toast to the advantage and disadvantage of this.
Lol. Power of advance tech maybe it part of the disadvantage. Fearless grin

1 Like

Re: Urgent!!! Whatsapp Will Expose Your Information On Facebook. Read Pls by kolajoo(m): 6:29am On Aug 29, 2016
yolanda233:
I can't see the Share my account on my board
Read carefully and follow the step or you can check someone else phone to see.
Re: Urgent!!! Whatsapp Will Expose Your Information On Facebook. Read Pls by avril9(f): 6:34am On Aug 29, 2016
kolajoo:
Lol power of advance tech maybe it part of the disadvantage. Fearless grin
my brother u try so had to stay invincible to some set of people but this advanced tech is exposing every tin.
Re: Urgent!!! Whatsapp Will Expose Your Information On Facebook. Read Pls by kolajoo(m): 6:39am On Aug 29, 2016
avril9:
my brother u try so had to stay invincible to some set of people but this advanced tech is exposing every tin.
No doubt. It very easy to lookup or do a background check on someone now especially people who share more stuff.
Re: Urgent!!! Whatsapp Will Expose Your Information On Facebook. Read Pls by oladele239(m): 7:03am On Aug 29, 2016
Am leaving it. Because it will help my course in future no need to panic especially if you do business involving IT marketing!
Re: Urgent!!! Whatsapp Will Expose Your Information On Facebook. Read Pls by avril9(f): 7:12am On Aug 29, 2016
kolajoo:
No doubt. It very easy to lookup or do a background check on someone now especially people who share more stuff.
chai derisgod o.lol
Re: Urgent!!! Whatsapp Will Expose Your Information On Facebook. Read Pls by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 29, 2016
The thing no gree show for my Nokia E5 undecided

I don forget , my phone hopeless for such things grin

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Note 3 Problem. / Which Should I Buy :spark K7 Or Hot 5 Lite / Itel P33plus Few Weeks Used For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.