Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,672 members, 7,865,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:12 AM

Who is Wrestling Corruption in Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who is Wrestling Corruption in Nigeria? (2667 Views)

Buhari’s Anti-corruption War: Business Slows Down For Charter Airlines (Punch) / Gov Okorocha Vs Fashola In Ear-wrestling (photo) / Jonathan Lacks Capacity To Secure Nigeria, Fight Corruption - Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Who is Wrestling Corruption in Nigeria? by coogar: 9:43pm On Jul 20, 2011
owo2390:

Not really. But its all semantics. And The average Nigerian puts him/herself forward first because no one else will. If we live a better society where Cops don't ask for N20 at every checkpoint, or the senators don't pay themselves $2 million/year, Nigerians would be less selfish. Just saying!!!!

which begs the question. . . .why do the cops ask for 20 naira at every checkpoint? is it not because they are not well-paid and the government don't care about their welfare. i was taking my visiting nephew around the other day and he saw a met. police officer and he liked the way he was neatly dressed and asked me why nigerian cops don't look that tidy.

i broke the bad news to him as gently as i could. the british government want their police officers to look that way so it would attract the younger ones to want to become a cop. the british cops are taken care of so that corruption won't be that attractive cos their salaries feed them well. they are also made to look neat so they can command respect from the public.

looking critically at a naija cop, would you even want to become one with the way they look unkempt and shabbily dressed? would anyone respect an officer that wears bathroom slippers on duty? without the respect, there's a huge disconnect between the public and the officers. the officers treat the citizens like scum, the citizens see the police officers as imbeciles whilst the real winner is the nigerian government whose pockets keep getting fatter.
Re: Who is Wrestling Corruption in Nigeria? by maclatunji: 8:39am On Jul 21, 2011
@topic, I don't know, is it John Cena or The Rock?
Re: Who is Wrestling Corruption in Nigeria? by Godmann(m): 2:51pm On Jul 21, 2011
Can Criminal wrestle corruption? Until we elect sane men as President before corruption can be wrestled.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal / Adamawa 2012 Governorship Election Update By Nasir El- Rufai / Yabatech's False Claim: an example of lies told by Some Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.