Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,947 members, 7,838,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Orji Asks ASUU To Call-off Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Orji Asks ASUU To Call-off Strike (528 Views)

FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday / Breaking News: ASUU To Embark On Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Orji Asks ASUU To Call-off Strike by phemygee(m): 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2009
Umuahia—ABIA state Governor, Chief Theodore Orji yesterday, joined many other eminent Nigerians to call on the striking university teachers to return to the class room, saying that the long strike has caused “dreams and aspirations to be on hold”.
Orji in his 49th Independent anniversary message, also urged Nigerians to renew their faith in the Nigerian project, saying “we do not have any other place to call home”. The Governor who was represented by his deputy, Mr. Chris Akomas also called on Nigerians to pray for their leaders.
“I would be unrealistic if I should say that all is well with Nigeria. I admit that we have series of problems we are grappling with at the moment. I however would like to solicit that we continually uphold our leaders in prayer for God’s continuous guidance and direction.
“Administering a country as populous, multi-cultural and multi-religious as Nigeria is no mean feat. it can only take the grace of God for a leader to sustain the respect and admiration of the followers in a country like Nigeria.
“Let me therefore use this opportunity to call on our striking university lecturers to return to their class rooms in the spirit of the celebration of the independence of our great nation, four months is a very long time for our universities to be shut,” Orji said

By Anayo Okoli
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/10/02/orji-asks-ASUU-to-call-off-strike/

(1) (Reply)

Get Connected For Unilorin Second List. / Poem On Sen. John James Udoedehe / Please I Need Your Assistance!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.