Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

National ASSEMBLY IS NOT BROKE!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National ASSEMBLY IS NOT BROKE!! (475 Views)

Obasanjo: National Assembly Is A Den Of Corruption Occupied By Unarmed Robbers / Amendment Of CCB/CCT Act By National Assembly Is Null & Void - Olatunde Bakare / National Assembly Is Broke: Ali Ndume Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

National ASSEMBLY IS NOT BROKE!! by Alabitrends01: 3:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
NATIONAL ASSEMBLY IS NOT BROKE !

As I read about the national Assembly's broke situation , I reminisced about the old days in school (university to be precise) , where most students spend extravagantly at the first few weeks of resumption. My fellow Yorubas name those first few weeks " òse ìgberagá". A.K.A the 'show yourself week'.

Personally , I also remembered that it's only when am broke the 'Baba sala' Bournvita, cartons of indomie ,milk and other goodies is substituted with sweet potatoes and Garri ( the student's power), with a rigorous eatings "garau-garau"- only my Arewa fellows can understand the logic behind that.

Although student's extravagance behaviour , similar in nature but unconnected in a real sense I discussed at the beginning has been in existence from the inception of
our so called (mismanagement Assembly) or National Assembly rather, but it took a different turn this time around as Nigeria is facing serious economic hardship.
With the recent outburst of the senate leader Ali Ndume , that the National Assembly is broke, I discovered that these economic hardship has held both the serfs and the lords by the jugular. But if am not wrong , since National Assembly
has failed to save against rainy days ,may I say its too early for the senate leader's outcry for their brokenness?

One of the most outstanding and superfluous act exercised by the 8th National Assembly is the purchase of over 4.7 billion Naira Exotic cars for 120 'Sin-ators' as
of December last year. The confusing aspect was the purchase of 120 cars for 109 Sin-ators. If not for prodigal display at its highest peak, what purpose will the
remaining eleven utility vehicles serve?

Interestingly, the result of market survey estimate conducted by Premium Times regarding the vehicles purchased by National Assembly does not even correspond
with the regular market price. For the fact that the allegation was prevaricated by the senate does not change the matter. Either small or big, extravagance remains
the same. Who knows , if not for the outrageous budget saga, this should have been the most visible and exotic padding of the year.

As if that was not enough, the senate leader discontentedly lament over late payment of just a month salary. Sincerely speaking there's no how a legislative
worker can be broke, compared to an ordinary school teacher, talk less of the salary differences.. As at present, majority of civil servants at lower levels, especially the school teachers and local government workers are yet to be paid over 6-8 months salary( peanut) in some states, despite the bailout offered by F.G.- Kogi is a perfect example, where workers simply jubilate over receiving
just a 10% of two or one month salary, out of 6-9 months they were owed.

Atimes the enormity of amount earmarked for executives and legislators arouses my curiosity on whether they were specially created by God to enjoy while others are meant to suffer.

I must conclude with the opinion that National Assembly's expenditure is too excessive. As such,it should be thoroughly scrutinized and repudiated by Nigerians. Because, "Ibi kan ko jù ibi lo, Bi àse bì erù ni á bi omo" - it would have been better if executives ,legislators, school teachers and other parastatals were almost, or equally remunerated.

By : Alabi Oluwatosin
Re: National ASSEMBLY IS NOT BROKE!! by agwom(m): 5:16pm On Aug 29, 2016
ok

(1) (Reply)

See Photos Of Malnourished And Starving Children Who Escaped Boko Haram Attacks / Kashamu On Fayose / Just In: Dss, Police Advise Inec To Postpone Edo Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.