Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Reasons For Mass-Failure In SSCE. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reasons For Mass-Failure In SSCE. (6196 Views)

Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam / Waec 2014 May/june Results Out. Mass Failure Recorded / NECO Records 50% Improvement In SSCE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons For Mass-Failure In SSCE. by MrFox1(m): 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2009
Most people can not boldly claim to have passed JSSCE, SSCE, NECO or JAMB without help.
Many paid for help during exam, working question and giving them answers. Yet they blame one president or governor for their failure.
They speak of quality education but can not read their books and pass exams.
Some dint even know what they don't know, which as the saying goes makes them a compound fool.

There are two sides to education, there is teaching and there is learning.  I know people that passed SSCE with 7 credits while they were in SS1?
Do you think anyone can pass exams they have never read for. Reading is key not cheating, those who have helped you, have ruined you and your confidence. No wonder many don't get admission despite their JAMB score. 26% had 5 credits including maths and English in the last SSCE. Shame on you if you are among the 74%. You spent 6 years in school and you have nothing to show for it. There is no luck in passing exams without preparation.

"Nigerian are topping schools in UK and US" do you think you can top anything with help? How will Nigeria develop if you cant even study for exams and pass after 6 years of secondary school. You should have gone to learn a trade instead. Nigeria would be better that way.

Please students of universities and polytechnics, you know you have passed SSCE with help, you know you still carry chips but you blame government for falling standards. Se until they jail you before the standard will go back up?

How will you be able to contribute to the society if you manage to graduate by cheating?
This is a major factor affecting the education standard

List your name here if you support improved education standard by stopping exam fraud and more reading.

1. Fox
Re: Reasons For Mass-Failure In SSCE. by Shola2009(m): 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2009
Mr Fox,i like what you've written above.But,what difference would it make,if i post my name here
Re: Reasons For Mass-Failure In SSCE. by MrFox1(m): 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2009
Its just like a pledge you make to make an effort to improve education, no one will come and chase after you if you dont, its just to show your support for the idea and like a sign up for something you would do and want to be identified with.
Re: Reasons For Mass-Failure In SSCE. by mayoxy: 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2009
Thanks for your piece. I just posted a message for advice on whether I should send my kids to federal schools including navy schools or the private schools.
Going back to your message, are the pupils from these expensive private schools among the 74%? If they are then we should realise we have along way to go. When teachers who entered the university with suspicious results come out to teach the younger ones, what do you expect? what do they want to impact on these children. If the private schools are that good then the %age of failure should be less judging by the quantity and so called quality of private schools in the country. Reason for mass failure is first the lack of seriousness of our students which begins from home, what sort of moral values do the parents have? do the parents have adequate time for the children? do you have constant discussions with your child thereby imparting the right values into him? do you take your time to enforce these values? Parents that go for money all day and have no time for their children while in primary school, send these children to secondary school to go and become as unserious as they were under their parent's tutelage. This is one of the resons I personally don't like private schools, cos most parents who have refused to take reasonable care of their kids think they can get good results from their children when they pay very high tuition fees on them. A collection of rich men's children leaves a lot to be imagined.
I believe we parents have a lot to do, most of us went to school and I think it is high time we also take up our chalks and boards, dust our archives and revise thoroughly with our children before their exams. This starts from the primary thru to the secondary so that the rapport will be there when they are teenagers. When they come home on holidays look through their notes, ask questions randomly on all subjects, with this you will know what he or she knows academically, you as a parent should brush up yourself academically to be able to meet the academic challenges of your children. Nobody can teach your children effectively like you. Remember charity begins from home. These children are our future and the future of our great country Nigeria.
Re: Reasons For Mass-Failure In SSCE. by etaurus(m): 6:45pm On Nov 14, 2009
Mr Fox:

Most people can not boldly claim to have passed JSSCE, SSCE, NECO or JAMB without help.
Many paid for help during exam, working question and giving them answers. Yet they blame one president or governor for their failure.
They speak of quality education but can not read their books and pass exams.
Some dint even know what they don't know, which as the saying goes makes them a compound fool.

There are two sides to education, there is teaching and there is learning.  I know people that passed SSCE with 7 credits while they were in SS1?
Do you think anyone can pass exams they have never read for. Reading is key not cheating, those who have helped you, have ruined you and your confidence. No wonder many don't get admission despite their JAMB score. 26% had 5 credits including maths and English in the last SSCE. Shame on you if you are among the 74%. You spent 6 years in school and you have nothing to show for it. There is no luck in passing exams without preparation.

"Nigerian are topping schools in UK and US" do you think you can top anything with help? How will Nigeria develop if you cant even study for exams and pass after 6 years of secondary school. You should have gone to learn a trade instead. Nigeria would be better that way.

Please students of universities and polytechnics, you know you have passed SSCE with help, you know you still carry chips but you blame government for falling standards. Se until they jail you before the standard will go back up?

How will you be able to contribute to the society if you manage to graduate by cheating?
This is a major factor affecting the education standard

List your name here if you support improved education standard by stopping exam fraud and more reading.

1. Fox

True Talk
Re: Reasons For Mass-Failure In SSCE. by Ebywizzy(m): 7:09am On Nov 15, 2009
@fox i'm feeling ur pain.even our society is being brainwash by anomaly.imagine parents conveying students to exam centre.remember the 21 graduates whose right were violated.it is nigeria that i've an invigilator(alfa) conniving with candidates(eleha)
Re: Reasons For Mass-Failure In SSCE. by johndavid1(m): 11:16am On Nov 16, 2009
mr fox i almost felt like crying after reading this article because am also a victim of this circumstance.now every u go there are so called special centers for exams they are not encourageing at all i just pray GOd is going to help us.[color=][/color] embarassed[color=][/color]

(1) (Reply)

... / UNILAG 2012/2013 Cut-off-marks & Change-of-course-forms-overview / Unilorin 2016/2017 Admission On Official JAMB Cut Off Mark And Departments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.