Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,714 members, 7,840,791 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Meet Hellotractor.com : Nigeria's Uber For Tractors - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Meet Hellotractor.com : Nigeria's Uber For Tractors (788 Views)

MaxOkada - UBER FOR Okada Motorbikes In Nigeria / Brand New Mf 375 Tractors For Sale In Abuja / MAX Okada, Nigeria's ( Uber for Okada app) giving Free Bikes to riders in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Hellotractor.com : Nigeria's Uber For Tractors by bulletproofmonk(m): 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2016

The other day, I was enroute Benin via one of the popular airlines. Flipping through the in-flight magazine, I came across this awesome Nigerian company doing wonderful things in the field of agriculture.

[url]Hellotractor.com[/url] is an agricultural technology company that is improving global food and income security by building a network of “Smart Tractor” owners that farmers obtain service from via SMS.

Simply put, this is the Tractor-version of Uber.

THE CHALLENGE
A larger portion of Nigeria’s agricultural sector is still not mechanized. This is mostly due to unavailability of finance or affordable loan schemes to farmers, most of whom are in rural areas.

THE SOLUTION
Hellotractor.com took it upon itself to address this issue, results of which have been astounding.

First, they designed innovative, low-cost “Smart Tractors” specifically for unique needs of the farmers. Also made available were attachments (harrowers, planters, tillers etc.) which could be tailored for a variety of crops and stages of the production cycle, allowing them serve their customers throughout the year. The GPS antenna allows Hello Tractor to track its usage and gather data on location, market trends, and uptake.

Farmers are able to schedule and prepay for tractor services, from nearby smart tractor owners, through SMS messaging and mobile money. Once service is completed, the pre-payment is automatically released to the Smart Tractor owner.

Source: http://allaboutbytes..com.ng/2016/08/meet-hellotractorcom-nigerias-uber-for.html

Re: Meet Hellotractor.com : Nigeria's Uber For Tractors by Perfecttouch(m): 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2016
bulletproofmonk:

most of these guys studied what I study in uni,I REP AGRIC&BIOSYSTEMS ENGINEERING that's fabrication

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

New 2016 Mercedes G63 Amg 5.5l 4wd For Sale, Asking Price N75m, See Pictures / Distress Sale.. 2008 Pathfinder For Sale! 1.5m / Toyota Avensis 2009 Or 2010 Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.