Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,728 members, 7,862,365 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 02:42 PM

Court Stops Anambra Pdp Congress! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Stops Anambra Pdp Congress! (795 Views)

Fear Grips Ogd,okupe Others Ahead Of PDP Congress / Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court / Dismissed Anambra PDP Senator Ekwunife Seeks Nomination From APC! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Court Stops Anambra Pdp Congress! by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:52pm On Oct 02, 2009
As predicted, the attempt by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to pick a candidate for the Anambra State Governorship ballot on February 6, 2010 has run into a hitch.

On Thursday, an Anambra High Court stopped the congress of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) planned for today to choose its candidate.

Justice B.A. Nwankwo gave the order pending the determination of a suit filed by Probity Adibe.

But PDP National Chairman, Vincent Ogbulafor, said: "I am not aware of it. I am just hearing about it."

Asked whether the congress would still go ahead, he replied: "I will prefer for us to talk about it face to face. I am uncomfortable discussing these things on phone."

However, two aspirants, former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Chukwuma Soludo, and Ikechukwu Obiora, said they would abide by the ruling.

"We are still in the process. But we can't go against the orders of the court. We expect the party to discharge the order, then we come back. But for now, I am withdrawing on this account," Soludo said.

"The main candidates are withdrawing from the race for now. I am a law abiding citizen, and will not take part in any illegality.

http://www.independentngonline.com/news/tfpg/article03
Re: Court Stops Anambra Pdp Congress! by citizenY(m): 6:29pm On Oct 02, 2009
DEM DON START
Re: Court Stops Anambra Pdp Congress! by Edoji: 11:28pm On Oct 02, 2009

(1) (Reply)

New Polymer Notes And The Nigerian Economy / New Cbn List - State Govts, Anenih, Igbinedion, Jimoh, Top Bank Debtors / Maryam Babangida Is Finally Confirmed Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.