Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,881 members, 7,813,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Comparing The Old And Present Government In Imo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Comparing The Old And Present Government In Imo State (980 Views)

Buhari’s Photo With APC Governors In London Is Old And Fake – FFK / Muslim Woman Vents Anger On Buhari's Government In Abuja (Video) / "Wike Has Performed Better Than Federal Government In Just Two Years" - Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comparing The Old And Present Government In Imo State by x9ja1960: 10:50am On Aug 30, 2016
For less than four and half years this man, Samuel Onunaka Mbakwe was governor of Imo, Abia and Ebonyi combined. He built an industry in every local government, he built a multi-campus university, he built the most enduring roads, hospitals and schools throughout the three old states. His people loved him and he wept for them sometimes. He had an average annual budget of about 100 million naira and only got an average of 100,000 naira in security votes annually. His official vehicle was 504 peugeot. He had no other houses apart from one old village house.

Now compare this man with the current governor of Imo state as we now know it. Rochas Okorocha wept on his inauguration some 6 years ago that he was going to beat the achievement of the only governor Imo state has ever had (as far as ndi Imo are concerned). To achieve this Rochas started with self-deceit. He quickly privatized Imo state to his fronts, family and friends literally. He put contractors on a wild goose chase and has left Imo State worse in every aspect than he met it.

But my anger is not directed at Rochas who here represents every failed leader in this country. Firstly I’m disappointed at the opposition who has not destroyed this impostor called Rochas and his likes with a healthy alternative people can relate to. Secondly I’m disappointed at every youth who have stood by and allowed these old men, who have lived their lives the way they saw fit, live and destroy ours before our very eyes. Thirdly I’m disappointed in myself because I belong to both groups above. I was among those who slept outside the INEC office at Owerri-Port Harcourt express way just to protect the mandate of Rochas, because I believed he represented progress but how wrong I was. Until we the youths of this country refuse to be docile no more, we will wake up one day – soon enough, old and disappointed at the life we lived.

1 Like

Re: Comparing The Old And Present Government In Imo State by mountlarry: 11:13am On Aug 30, 2016
x9ja1960:

But my anger is not directed at Rochas who here represents every failed leader in this country. F
I visited owerri some weeks ago and wept for our youths. The youths who will tomorrow follow their 'enviable' legacy. We ve sold our conscience for pennies. They have manipulated the youths such that one can argue that you need to feed to fight/protest the bad leadership we are experiencing. So when they offer them few hundreds, they lose their sense and become thugs protecting/counter-protesters.
Re: Comparing The Old And Present Government In Imo State by chriskosherbal(m): 11:25am On Aug 30, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Comparing The Old And Present Government In Imo State by sigiyaya(m): 6:30am On Aug 31, 2016
I live in owerri and i can tell better...

Rochas is the worst thing that has ever happened to imo state

2 Likes

Re: Comparing The Old And Present Government In Imo State by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 8:15am On Aug 31, 2016
sigiyaya:
I live in owerri and i can tell better...

Rochas is the worst thing that has ever happened to imo state

When I come at him some people will think it's cause of APC but the man is the worst thing to ever happen to imo....thats the kinda fraudster some people will want me to support 4 igbo presidency, Never. Rochas is the real definition of corrupt, incompetent and useless .

2 Likes

Re: Comparing The Old And Present Government In Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:09am On Aug 31, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:

When I come at him some people will think it's cause of APC but the man is the worst thing to ever happen to imo....thats the kinda fraudster some people will want me to support 4 igbo presidency, Never. Rochas is the real definition of corrupt, incompetent and useless .

What's your reason? Making careless statements is easy but substantiating them with facts is difficult. Rochas built more than 200 schools, how many did Mbakwe build? Rochas gave free education from primary to tertiary, was it done? Mbakwe tried but he erred by borrowing to establish Government run production outfits instead of leaving it for private investors.

Okorocha may have his flaws but no Imo Governor achieved half as him especially the free education which costs the State nearly a billion monthly.

1 Like

Re: Comparing The Old And Present Government In Imo State by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 10:17am On Aug 31, 2016
Abagworo:

What's your reason? Making careless statements is easy but substantiating them with facts is difficult. Rochas built more than 200 schools, how many did Mbakwe build? Rochas gave free education from primary to tertiary, was it done? Mbakwe tried but he erred by borrowing to establish Government run production outfits instead of leaving it for private investors.

Okorocha may have his flaws but no Imo Governor achieved half as him especially the free education which costs the State nearly a billion monthly.

What free education? If you say reduced tuition fees then yes he did that cause most IMSU students don't know they owe d school 80k until when they ready for their clearance. Which is the accumulation of 20k per session for the 4yrs they've been in school.

About Roads,which standard road did your rochas construct? He makes sure he starts a lot of road construction at a time to make him seem like a working governor then he slowly abandons it,imsu back gate,the other road that leads to Amakohia even ImSU front gate sef isn't totally completed as at the last time i was there.

Aside from those fountains and okigwe road roundabout where else is up to standard in that state? Should we talk about Douglas road? There's nothing wrong with loving Rochas but the best love you can show a man is to tell him his wrong when he fuckz up.I ain't comparing shit but Rochas hasn't done anything worth commending. Imo isn't where it should be now.Enjoy the rest of ur day
Re: Comparing The Old And Present Government In Imo State by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 10:22am On Aug 31, 2016
Rochas has more abandoned projects than completed projects. All those hospitals abi health care he built howfa?How many people have been treated there? It's not about pics of fine building posted online but when you get on ground u find out its under lock/key and the only life stepping in there are rats and roaches,grasses have taken over the whole place.

(1) (Reply)

Effect Of #KenyaVSNigeria Twitter War On Nigeria / Celebrating Akwa Ibom @29 with Facts and History. / Still On The Powers Of Effcc To Freeze A Bank Customers Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.