Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,268 members, 7,846,255 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

The Nigerian Dream And The Nigerian Youth.... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Dream And The Nigerian Youth.... (338 Views)

The Nigerian Dream In One Photo / What Is The Nigerian Dream? / The Nigerian Dream Volume 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Dream And The Nigerian Youth.... by MyDream49JA: 4:31pm On Aug 30, 2016
The Nigeria of today doesn’t appear to hold any future for the youth of this country, but what is more worrisome is the fact that we just sit back and act like all is well. Things were bad but it became worse when we decided to enthrone a man in his 70s who's in an analog mode to move Nigeria forward in a jet age, now the man has taken us 50 years backward and about to unleash our greatest fear on us. (The war that was fought in the 60's). Am however not here to deliberate on the woes of this administration, but rather to awaken our consciousness to the realities of today. Yes I do agree that we should fight corruption, but there is a clear difference with fighting corruption and fighting corrupt people.
A popular saying goes that ye who come to equity must come with clean hands, you cannot be seen as operating with double standards.... some people appear to be immune to the so called fight simply because of party affiliation, while others are dragged in the mud for daring to disagree with the current government, in all we have got no single convictions only trail by the media. I believe that the way forward is to create institutions that would eliminate corruption using tools that would be clearly stated within our laws, empower our law enforcement agents to carry out high level investigation using state of the act equipment, hence bring forth logical conclusions to investigations with evidence that stand valid in any court. Yes the process must also seek to eliminate all rotten eggs within itself and then retrain and grant better conditions of serve to those who are willing to fight for the country.
A good General i believe must be able to pick his fights, I do not believe that the best approach is to fight on all fronts. Negotiations and high level secret bargains can bring better resolution than war.
with regards to the economy, in a digital age such as we are in, what any progressive country needs would be great thinkers, nobles, and experience by this I mean knowledgeable people with the right ideas, and the good will to put things to work. Not political solutions like what we have or this call for restructuring. yes i agree that the Nigerian federal system needs to operate as true federating units, and states that are not viable need to be collapsed into other more productive states which can help to even development within the character as the case maybe, we need to look inwards. i do not believe in masquerading by our president in the name of looking for foreign investors, you cannot go and be asking an outsider to come and help you put your house in order, when you have all the hands you need. Agriculture is key, a nation that can feed itself is way leg out of poverty. they is no state in Nigeria that doesn’t have arable land, all we need for each state to identify its strong point, pick a crop and capitalize on it, focus and develop it, using global standard. Every part of the country is either rich in solid minerals, commercial minerals or fossil fuels meaning that every state already has more than one source of income, not considering transportation, tourism and industrialization....
My point here is that for there to be a Nigerian dream we the youth must 1st deer to dream and have the guts to follow through with our dreams. We must say no to oppressive politicians.... we must as a matter of urgency resolve to stand on the side of Truth, Justice and Equity. We must live up to our responsibilities to our country, if our country must be great. we must say no to all those who seek to divide us on ethnic or religious lines, we have come to far as people to allow the greed of a few to divide us.... we are one, and we must learn to love ourselves and love our brothers, we must love our land to the extent that we can live to die for this land....we must awake for the days of slumber are over. The time to stand and be counted is now...

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Signs $5.1bn Rail Contracts With Chinese firm / Buhari-led Administration Is Just Paying Lip Servic / France President Gives Clearest Hint At Quest For Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.