Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,599 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos (29269 Views)

Google Rolls Out Free Wi-fi In Nigeria's City Of Onitsha & Others / 10m Nigerians To Get Free Wi-fi Facilities As Google Station Opens / Wi-fi To Be Replaced By Li-fi Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Richkid97(m): 7:54pm On Aug 30, 2016
Our Yeast brodas won't be happy with this

Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Youngzedd(m): 7:56pm On Aug 30, 2016
I love you Mark
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by olamilekan360(m): 7:57pm On Aug 30, 2016
Nice innovation... Love this
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by tivta(m): 7:58pm On Aug 30, 2016
All we need is national coverage
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Lanretoye(m): 7:58pm On Aug 30, 2016
na for express only we go dey use am?
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 30, 2016
I hope they have considered the power situation in the country. Elae this is all useless.
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by SuperBlack: 7:59pm On Aug 30, 2016
So girls can facebook very well.
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by redcliff: 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2016
jmichlins:
Getting cheaper by day and I know it will finally crash

You for pick am free for ground

1 Like

Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by abbey621(m): 8:02pm On Aug 30, 2016
kennygee:
If you're tired of NL and can't handle the rules and bans, why stay tho? Go to LIB. Why waste time commenting?

It's called basic human right, something a lot of Nigerians are unaware of! It's your right to register your displeasure with a service or product of which you are a consumer. A right thinking business would try to modify its policies when such complaints represents the voice of the majority but I guess this is 9ja, if they don't like it they can go and hang themselves right? angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by DozieInc(m): 8:04pm On Aug 30, 2016
for one it will generate jobs.

1 Like

Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by UjSizzle(f): 8:04pm On Aug 30, 2016
How's that cheap when Airtel offers better for less?
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Olasco93: 8:05pm On Aug 30, 2016
My Prayer Network is still faster than their 4G LTE
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by sonofmercy2000(m): 8:05pm On Aug 30, 2016
Millerz:
Beautiful...

R.I.P to MTN, Airtel, Etisalat and other thieveing networks that engage in broad day light robbery.

If the speed of the network will be okay.
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Ralphdan(m): 8:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
Mtn to start selling 1G for 200 in no time grin grin grin grin
Oh how I love competition.

2 Likes

Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Lovetinz(m): 8:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ajusshi:
How is this cheap when i am using Airtel 6GB for 1500. Mark stifu joor

True?
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by LoveJesus87(m): 8:07pm On Aug 30, 2016
Kimjinkyu:
we don't need to worry here in South Korea
south Korea ko east Korea ni grin u in south Korea ni?
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by ladyF(f): 8:08pm On Aug 30, 2016
Spectra net your end us near.
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 30, 2016
abbey621:

It's called basic human right, something a lot of Nigerians are unaware of! It's your right to register your displeasure with a service or product of which you are a consumer. A right thinking business would try to modify its policies when such complaints represents the voice of the majority but I guess this is 9ja, if they don't like it they can go and hang themselves right? angry angry

So true.

In short very true
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 30, 2016
UjSizzle:
How's that cheap when Airtel offers better for less?

Please enlighten me on airtel data.
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by kaima2015: 8:11pm On Aug 30, 2016
nigeria is part of wi fi internet access vision that facebook have for africa...this will be made more feasible by the israeli amos 6 satellite launch coming up on sept 3
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Kimjinkyu(f): 8:12pm On Aug 30, 2016
LoveJesus87:
south Korea ko east Korea ni grin u in south Korea ni?
you already know
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:14pm On Aug 30, 2016
Richkid97:
Our Yeast brodas won't be happy with this
Ewu de there de form tribalist when smart people are already taking advantage of the innovation. no be Igbo woman wey don start to de make money with it already.
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Orikinla(m): 8:14pm On Aug 30, 2016
TechPill:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-B-U6gvQbkEk/V8WzMogHZnI/AAAAAAAABJc/H4YSO9Ie3E4xvxBq39DGF7kbSENDCAAwgCK4B/s1600/express-wifi-from-facebook-is-now-in-testing-phase-with-isps.jpg[/img]

Facebook set to launch cheap Expresswifi in lagos. ExpressWifi is a new program that allow all internet users to purchase a data from a local service providers at a very cheap rate. Though this is not the first time Facebook will be doing this, it has already be launched in India.

In other to make this work in Nigeria Facebook partnering with an Isp and integrator company known as CoolLink based in Abuja, Lagos, kano and Port Harcourt to achieve this. Having said that, the service is set to launch officially in Lagos in few days, however, it has started operation in some part of Lagos such as the Ikota shopping complex at lekki.

Facebook's internet service will come with advertisement. ExpressWifi cheap internet service, what i mean by cheap is that it will be affordable e.g N1,600 for 5GB, cheap right? below is ExpressWifi Data plans:

Data bundle cost validity
100MB N40 24hrs
300MB N110 24hrs
750MB N270 7days
2GB N700 7days
3GB N1000 30days
5GB N1600 30days

If you not sure if the service will be good enough, kindly sign up to ExpressWifi data plan free trial, which will get you 100MB per day for 14 days.

Source: http://www.techpill.net/2016/08/facebook-partner-with-expresswifi-to.html

At the end of the day Zuckerberg stopped by an Express WiFi stand in Lagos owned by Rosemary Njoku. Facebook's Express WiFi lets entrepreneurs like Rosemary set up a hot spot to help their community access apps and services built by local developers.

1 Like

Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Miles300: 8:16pm On Aug 30, 2016
When we are leaders learn that globalization is taken over the world , road dem no fit do , power no go area , Nigerian youths are not lazy as far as am concern , we just don't have the right environment to discover ourselves ..our leaders are old Skool, visionless and not intellectuals from there statement u will know dat one .. Na to pad budget and loot dem sabi then after lootin they tell us to go into agriculture to diversify economy .. Science and technology is wat brought South Korea where they are today , china same thing .. Oh Nigeria
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Orikinla(m): 8:17pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
Ewu de there de form tribalist when smart people are already taking advantage of the innovation. no be Igbo woman wey don start to de make money with it already.

Na Igbo geniuses go host Mark tomorrow.
But I no go post the location on Nairaland.
Just Google iPost Nigeria.
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Xapio: 8:17pm On Aug 30, 2016
kennygee:
If you're tired of NL and can't handle the rules and bans, why stay tho? Go to LIB. Why waste time commenting?
Most of the ban has tribal colouration written over it. A senenario where someone will insult you, you report the person to mod, he won't do anything about it. That person will keep insulting you until you loose your temper and insult the person back, next thing you see is 2 months ban for bullying a nairaland... Meanwhile the person that insulted you first is left roaming about free.. All this happens just because the mod and the person are from the same tribe.. What do you call that?

4 Likes

Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Ajusshi: 8:17pm On Aug 30, 2016
kolawaxxy:

Even Christ would be proud. Oya, take am angry
grin Hehehe! I can see how Buhari has dealt with your sense of humour. Kpele ooh!
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Hedonistically: 8:17pm On Aug 30, 2016
Greedy Mark.. The data plans are not affordable enough, more so as they come with advertisements. There is no iota of charity in this venture.

For such a project that has Facebook's imprimatur, anything less than N1k for 10gb doesn't make sense.

3 Likes

Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by LoveJesus87(m): 8:17pm On Aug 30, 2016
Kimjinkyu:

you already know
I no know nw. So how was 'Korea' today? grin grin
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2016
This guy wan spoil market for yahoo boys cmon son,just tell us say you wan monitor boys transactions
Re: Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos by Kimjinkyu(f): 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2016
LoveJesus87:
I no know nw. So how was 'Korea' today? grin grin
sweet

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hack Nokia E5-00 100% Working / Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy / Modern Combat 4 Vs Modern Combat 5 (graphics Comparism)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.