Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. (5658 Views)

Poll: Against all odds! Is this another dream team or a dreaming team?

Dream Team: 23% (17 votes)
Dreaming Team: 76% (54 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigerians Blame Sunday Oliseh For Nigeria's Failure To Qualify For AFCON 2017 / El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Flying Eagles Beat Enyimba 2 - 0 With Just 10 Men In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by snapshot: 7:26pm On Oct 02, 2009
Cameroun one of the teams we hope to lose for us to go through has lost by 3-0. grin grin grin, the flying eagles are through to the round of 16.

congratulations Nigeria.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by headliner: 7:33pm On Oct 02, 2009
no be God while this may not be a honourable way to qualify for the next stage.our people sayinstead of wife to fall u,make u hold something grin grin grin
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by tkb417(m): 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2009
shit

they want us to suffer another humiliating defeat shey?
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by eedu247: 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2009
Shame of d m ation crowned with selfish,corrupt,irresponsible and masses'enemy leaders.brazil won 2016 olympic hosting right 2day we are here struggling with hosting under 17& female comptn.i can't help weeping 4 dis country.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by khanye(m): 9:12pm On Oct 02, 2009
Up Nigeria grin grin grin grin grin. . . .
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by Phony200(m): 9:35pm On Oct 02, 2009
Why didn't we just go home?
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by headliner: 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2009
tkb417:

shit

they want us to suffer another humiliating defeat shey?

guy no write off those boys o,them fit come home with the cup,afterall no be person wei first come class dey carry first kiss
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by headliner: 9:48pm On Oct 02, 2009
Phony200:

Why didn't we just go home?
i thought our boys fumbled until i saw Cameron,they are dead.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by larimo(m): 10:56pm On Oct 02, 2009
am glad for the flying eagles. its another chance to make amends. they have got stuff but need to tap deep into them.

a lot of work need to be done on the strikers + concentration for all the players. Thats d strond point of the germans and the spaniards.

allez les aigles!!! au bout!!!
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by FBS: 11:03pm On Oct 02, 2009
Group D stalemate benefits Nigeria

Nigeria are through to the last 16 after England and Uzbekistan went out of Egypt 2009 with a whimper, drawing 1-1 to consign both to elimination. The Flying Eagles' position as one of the best third-placed teams was confirmed after a forgettable match that only briefly flickered into life in the final stages.

http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/matches/round=253217/match=300090219/summary.html
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by duality(m): 11:08pm On Oct 02, 2009
for us to have reached this stage, then we are taking the cup trust me,
this is not ordinary God hand they this one.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by SKYQUEST(m): 11:17pm On Oct 02, 2009
Naija people, football is a game- an entertainment. Enjoy it and don't get stressed up because the eagles are not doing well. Mind you, Brazil will never win all the trouphies, that is why it is a game. You people should enjoy the eagles' wumbling and fumbling boo. All naa part of the game!
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by mekussa(m): 11:21pm On Oct 02, 2009
good news, i bet my phone say e go happen, cameroon and england and uzbekistan just helped me get one more handset grin grin grin grin grin, , ets hope those boys no go fall siasia hand for am sha shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by sholatech(m): 11:22pm On Oct 02, 2009
What??We still made itThe God of football!!
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by Amarui(m): 11:24pm On Oct 02, 2009
Dis boiz get d brian so make siasia do sotin fast o b4 dis boiz go disgrace am o hm hm
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by Rooneyboy(m): 11:29pm On Oct 02, 2009
My prayer is that we should go out with our heads high and not be disgraced out by one of all this strong countries.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by mjay(m): 11:34pm On Oct 02, 2009
sooo who do we meet next ?
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by Alveez(m): 11:47pm On Oct 02, 2009
half a loaf is better than puffpuff, if we say our team is poor wot do we call those that could not survive this stage even if by worst lossers. anyway , GOD has helped us , now heaven has came to our aid lets carry on from here.

I WISH SIASIA AND HIS BOYS GOOD LUCK!!!!!

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![b][/b]
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by zugoboss(m): 11:49pm On Oct 02, 2009
This is really unbelievable! I hope this happens to the super Eagles world cup qualifications
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by dipo2much(m): 11:59pm On Oct 02, 2009
its just like giving one extra laif. I hope we play differently henceforth. Believing in ineffective wingers has haunted us all competition long
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by 8words(m): 12:07am On Oct 03, 2009
The God of Nigerian Football will never die. they will go through to the final.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 03, 2009
AM HAPPY WE QUALITY.

WE PLAYED WELL CHECK THE BALL POSSESSION OF ALL MATCH WE WON ALL

NA ONLY GOAL OUR STRIKER NEED TO PUT IN AND THE DEFEND SHOULD BE FOCUS TO DEFENDING ONLY.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by koolchicco: 12:14am On Oct 03, 2009
8 words:

The God of Nigerian Football will never die. they will go through to the final. shocked shocked

U dey dream?. .How?By magic I guess. grin
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by semid4lyfe(m): 12:21am On Oct 03, 2009
I'm so happy and elated. God don do am for us. Na so we go take pick up world cup ticket too.
9ja - YES WE CAN!
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by Kwajay(m): 12:25am On Oct 03, 2009
I am happy dat d flying chikens hve survived but i hope dey r not gonna b roasted badly in d next round. Though i wish dem d very best because i am proud 2 b a naijan
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 03, 2009
second chance. . .
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by naso2(m): 12:27am On Oct 03, 2009
The truth of matter is so far the FE has the ability to create enough scoring opportunities to outscore any country in this competetion. Yes even Brasil ,talkLess of Ghana.

The question mark however is if they will convert their chances. If by chance our attackers start clicking , then any team will fall. Another thing I noticed in the TAHITI match is that nobody scored twice and the goals came from mainly midfielders and defenders meaning opponents will definitely be confused as to who they should mark out.

I like the underdog status the FE now have , I beleive it will help setup our opponents for surprises.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by puskin: 1:12am On Oct 03, 2009
Naija, alwayz qualifying thru the skin of their teeth.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by toluxa1(m): 1:22am On Oct 03, 2009
duality:

for us to have reached this stage, then we are taking the cup trust me,
this is not ordinary God hand they this one.

I AGREE 100%
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by lastpage: 1:23am On Oct 03, 2009
I agree 100% with becomerich!
Its funny and it defies logic but from 1985's team of that Americana-Naija coach grin if we start poor, we finish strongly and each team that we have high hopes on have always come out disappointing!

Well, let me keep y finger's crossed but certainly, those boys will fumble and wobble to the Semi, at least.
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by dayokanu(m): 1:32am On Oct 03, 2009
Nigeria benefitted from the cluelessness of England and the brilliance of Germany. Manschaft
Re: Congratulations Siasia Flying Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16. by chic2pimp(m): 1:55am On Oct 03, 2009
I swear down una don hurt naija players pride ooo. Next team dey face go chop cane tire,una go see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria To Host FIFA Executive Summit In Lagos / Coronavirus: Nigeria Women League Cancelled / Late Nigerian Boxer - Young Ali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.