Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,637 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Who Is The Designer Of Nta Lagos Channel 10 Website? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Is The Designer Of Nta Lagos Channel 10 Website? (1775 Views)

NTA And AIT Now Praising GMB!!! / Stationary Nature Of "NTA" / NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Designer Of Nta Lagos Channel 10 Website? by Awardspace(m): 9:30pm On Oct 02, 2009
The issue here is very obvious that I was in a verbal arrangement to design a website for NTA Lagos Channel 10 by their current ICT consultant or a collaborator as it is mentioned currently on a promo running on NTA Lagos Channel 10. I am not here to advertise myself or to make fame but to let my case be heard and of course for me to learn and other hardworking guys alike to also learn from big deceit from a son-of-man so that falling into same pit will be far away from anyone becoming a victim of this circumstance.

I was advise to summarize this issue and I will make this as simple as possible.

Sometimes in September I was approached by the son-of-man (name withheld) to be part of a life time project, in his words "Cy, (Cyril) as I am popularly called", "NTA is partnering with me for ICT and youth empowerment and I want you to come and make money" he continued, "look at this file on my table, what did you see, is it not NTA file?, they have even given my company an office to operate from" bla bla and bla in his romantic persuasion.

Furthermore, using his words, "Cy, is like you don't understand the magnitude of this project, I know how much I bribed NTA to get this contract, abi you no understand?", I am all ears, I answered him, "I want you to handle the aspect of their website designing because I know I can not design and I have giving this same web design to Kunle and Wale (Staff), (he mentioned) and also John (external designer) and I know you are a professional, he stressed".

I accepted his offer to start the new website design after much romantic persuasion from him that I will make big cash from the deal and also promised to allow me participate in any of his meetings that have to do with the project to allow openness. I work day and night scripting and laying templates for the new portal for more than 5 consecutive work on the site, I have to remind him to even assist me with cash for fueling my generating set because I have to work from my studio and sincerely all he has given me for fuel is not more than N4,600.00.

Although, he introduced me to the helm of the NTA Lagos as the guy handling the website but he also told me not to say or contribute into discussions except he beckons to me say something. Till now i am still pondering over that action. After weeks of strenuous laboring on the site all alone with no supervision as the case maybe, I was 60% done and was ready to work further and he said again to me in his words, "Cy, e don' do o o , this people no give me money, leave the job like that so far, this is good, at least something to see during the launching" and said to him, ", professionals at the launch will also want to comment based on what you are presenting to them" Unknowing to him I kept working building php queries and database to argument what forms and interactive action pages I have designed.

I am sorry, this is no longer summary of the previous post but permit me with this as further insight to my ordeal with the son-of-man.
To conclude, He keep saying to me, " Cy, come up with ideas of how this site can be a source of income for now that NTA is not ready to pay us.
The Latest is that he has copied all the contents and my design concept without my knowledge and change the username and password which he gave me for ntalagoschannel10.net

I had nta10lagso.com registered as a backup of the real domain until a dedicated server is setup for NTA Lagos but he sidelined me from having any thing to do with the designs which include original designs of my flash banners and headers, my news portal and everything I labored for, he moved to ntalagoschannel10.net and change all the details he gave me to work on the site. Saying that I have gone to blog the issue at nairaland and he does not have any business with me.

What are your advice here and if you are in my shoes, what will you be forced to do?

=======================================================================================================

NTA Lagos Channel 10 website was officially launched on August 27, 2009.

Launching of the website was a controversial. The management team and the her consultant paraded this web address, www.ntachannel10.net which was the launch target and an official presentation of the station for her portal service but I must also advice that having some if not "adequate knowledge of a destination point when embarking on a journey is very important" otherwise one will be driven into confusion. Nairalanders!!! here I present a case before you, all I need is just a fair trial although you are not a court but you are member of a competent jury "Nairalanders"

The Issue before you is this.
The guy, who paraded himself as the designer of the website of www.ntalagoschannel10.net have never design a website or employed any web developer before. He was my controversial old friend who metamorphosed from radio/tv technician and unfortunately landed himself to computer engineering from that to ICT superhead. He had me go through the graphical planning and the execution of the website and while the project was still ongoing, he quickly organised the prompt launching without looking into vital areas that make up a web 2.0 standard.

He was paraded as the website designer and developer and erase my name completely from the whole show and my name was never mentioned any where during and after the controversial launching. During the developmental stages we never had any monitory agreement just because of his explanation that NTA Lagos Channel 10 has opted not to make any financial contribution towards the website development and that the verbal arrangement he had with the TV station was to develop an official website with a web address www.ntalagoschannel10.net for NTA Lagos Channel 10. Each stages of the developmental stage he will personally come to my studio for a backup copy at all meanse and he knows how to lure one with sweet and empty promises that sounds cheat. Now the website is on air via NTA Lagos Channel 10 and he has changed tactics, he never call me, on like before, he calls me more than 10 times to be sure work on the website is in progress.

I want to read  from contributors in this forum if I have labored in vain and or I am stupid? was my intelligence been trampled upon? please my people, I need your comments and fair criticism here and also use this trusted platform to put this unhappy development to rest. At the interim, I have relocated the contents of the site to www.nta10lagos.com  which is where the main contents domiciled.

If you URL  www.ntalagoschannel10.net  it will definitely redirect to  www.nta10lagos.com in order to have control over my scripts which I am currently working on. I have been working on the site daily without pay. I run on 24/7 generating set. The last time I approached him, he told me to remove any add that have anything to do with me. I am confused, I am not NTA Lagos Channel 10 contractor. How do I go from here and what can I do to give my best, please advise.
Re: Who Is The Designer Of Nta Lagos Channel 10 Website? by Seun(m): 3:26pm On Oct 12, 2009
Can you summarize this?
Re: Who Is The Designer Of Nta Lagos Channel 10 Website? by puskin: 7:50pm On Oct 13, 2009
What exactly do U want?
Re: Who Is The Designer Of Nta Lagos Channel 10 Website? by Mustay(m): 8:45pm On Oct 13, 2009
This should be in the webmaster section but what is this all about sef?
Re: Who Is The Designer Of Nta Lagos Channel 10 Website? by soloqy: 1:47am On Oct 14, 2009
Trying to decipher what you are asking of us, I have come up with some questions that you need to answer.

1) Are you saying that there was no contract or agreement signed by both of you as regards financial benefits?

2)Who registered the domain name: http://www.nta10lagos.com/ and who registered the other: http://www.ntachannel10.net/

3)Who is hosting the site ? Is it you?

You said you have relocated the contents to the other domain and that means you are the one in some form of control over the site content and if thats the case, you can actually use that as leverage to ask for your financial entitlements and shut the site down if the other party refuses to reach an agreement with you.

If you could relocate th econtent from one domain to the other, then you have all the control and as such can use it to get what is due you.

Its unbelievable that someone in business would start such a project without first, laying out the terms and conditions with the other party.

Is your issue the fact that your name was not mentioned at the launch or that you want some kind of financial reward for your hardwork? We need to know all this.

If not, one may easily conclude that you just want to use this thread to advertise your work,
Re: Who Is The Designer Of Nta Lagos Channel 10 Website? by Awardspace(m): 8:39pm On Oct 23, 2009
THE TRUTH WILL ALWAYS PREVAIL; LIGHT COMES AT THE END OF A TUNNEL

Please have a look at how the site was before; http://www.nta10lagos.com/old   and now  http://www.nta10lagos.com you would have noticed lots of improvement, because I am passionate about excellent job, I will go on and on to make the site industrial standard. At the moment the-son=of-man has copied all the designs to the domain which was purchased from godaddy and hosted on a general server at fatcow. All of us in the industry knows that if you are building a formidable portal for a corporation or an industry as large as NTA, it should be nothing less than a shared or dedicated server but someone can help me run a disktool on the statistics of ntalgaoschannel10.net you will agree with me that NTA current (ntalagoschannel10.net) web portal is in a general hosting platform not even in a reseller package.

My worries are not where 'son-of-man' is dumping NTA Lagos web portal but it is always good to try to be the best in whatever goal our minds are set to attain. 'son-of-man' told me in his office on Thursday 22nd October, just 3days ago that because I went to nairaland and blogged my first issue about this matter,  that he will will respond also through nairaland saying that what I have done to was a character assassination (I laughed, because who is assassinating who here.)

I want the son-of-man, according to him settle me what ever he feels is due and commusurate to the work (atleast members can see it so far, and I will not get worried over this anymore and you would have contributed to standing on the side of justice even when not at court. The refusal to do nothing at all, I will blog this issue beyond the boundary of Nairaland.

The son-of-man is aware of this issue and he is also reading. He actually printed a copy of my first post and said to me " this is an evidence of character assassination" grin

=======================================================================================================

This is all about someone who approached me for the design of www.ntalagoschannel10.net and after careful observing this guy I realized that he was up for some funny games.

Have a look at this www.ntalagoschannel10.net . I wanted to be safe with all I was doing for him since there was no written agreement binding my business with him and the only way to hold to my labore is www.nta10lagso.com which is where I upload from my local server to online server and I placed just a link at ntalagoschannel10.com that resolves to nta10lagos.com. The problem now is that the-son-of-man told me yesterday that by posting the issue on blog that he no business with me and any further attempt of this that he is ready to fight me what all he has. I am crying laud that it is wrong for him to just use me and NTA 10 is bigger than all these mess.

He should pay me off and I will forget everything about the site but not to Hijack it from me by force even if I was not directly employed by his contractor to do the job? I have witnesses who knows my style of design and for record sake. Check the this link http://nta10lagos.com/forum/index.php and compare the one at www.ntalagoschannel.net it shows and still refer to the working server which is www.nta10lagos.com

NTA Lagos please NOTE.

What is next for me?
Re: Who Is The Designer Of Nta Lagos Channel 10 Website? by Awardspace(m): 9:20pm On Oct 23, 2009
Mustay:

This should be in the webmaster section but what is this all about sef?

Thank you MUSTAY,
This is all about someone who approached me for the design of www.ntalagoschannel10.net and after careful observing this guy I realized that he was up for some funny games.

Have a look at this www.ntalagoschannel10.net . I wanted to be safe with all I was doing for him since there was no written agreement binding my business with him and the only way to hold to my labore is www.nta10lagso.com which is where I upload from my local server to online server and I placed just a link at ntalagoschannel10.com that resolves to nta10lagos.com. The problem now is that the-son-of-man told me yesterday that by posting the issue on blog that he no business with me and any further attempt of this that he is ready to fight me what all he has. I am crying laud that it is wrong for him to just use me and NTA 10 is bigger than all these mess.

He should pay me off and I will forget everything about the site but not to Hijack it from me by force even if I was not directly employed by his contractor to do the job? I have witnesses who knows my style of design and for record sake. Check the this link http://nta10lagos.com/forum/index.php it shows and still refer to my working server which is www.nta10lagos.com

What is next for me?
Re: Who Is The Designer Of Nta Lagos Channel 10 Website? by esosa4real(m): 7:18pm On Nov 14, 2009
Jeez are nairalanders seeing these, ?, GUY I AM SORRY BUT YOU ARE VERY STUPID!!!!.
I was so annoyed while reading through these because i am a website designer like you and havent even metarmophosed to the level you are in now (atleast 4rm wat i saw on the website, it was creative innovative and professional),

For christ sakes if u are a nigerian how on earth would you get a job 4rm nta even if it was fake and not even collect advance, oboy u amaze me and dey vex me at the same time.

PLEASE ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS DIRECTLY ASKED BY SOLOGY, because he has reasoned it well, its either you are not telling us the COMPLETE truth as in maybe u collected some change or you are just trying to show yourself based on skill as d webdeigner of nta web, KINI BIG DEAl, i also did a web 4 NTA.

Imagine you still have control over the doamin, ftp and stuff and you are asking us what to do, MAN U MAKE ME SICK.
Please am sorry 4 d insults, am boiling over here,
AND HEY GUESS WHAT, COINCIDENTALLY I DID A WEBSITE FOR NTA ABUJA, 2YEARS AGO IT LASTED ONLY 4 A YEAR BECAUSE THEY PAID FOR domain n webhosting for JUST ONE YR AND LATER THE DG WAS CHANGED FROM TONY IREDIA 2 ANOTHER JUST LAST YR, THE DOMAIN WAS WWW.NTAPORTALNETWORK.COM AND MAN I DIDNT DO A 100% JOB, DID LIKE A WONDERFUL 70% AND WASNT PAID MILLIONS BUT PAID SOME GOOD THOUSANDS AND I GOT EM,

MAN GROW UP, U R A MAN, NOT A KID!!!
Re: Who Is The Designer Of Nta Lagos Channel 10 Website? by Awardspace(m): 1:13pm On Nov 15, 2009
I have forgiven but will never forget!!!
Re: Who Is The Designer Of Nta Lagos Channel 10 Website? by esosa4real(m): 5:51pm On Nov 15, 2009
All the best, no much comments for now

But what ever u must do must be agressive, dats b dest advice,
i dunno what 2 say, cos its clear dat d guy's not gonna PAY you, 4 christ sakes he removed ur name and gave another deisgner, man, it was so clear 4rm d begging that his job wasnt pure, yet u kept on working cos u wanted 2 get d big nta job,

ma friends reading this, dont even believe u, cos its shocking, they say you should tackle the man somehow, find a give or take situation, and put hime dere, its ur hardwork and money we talking about here, but know sthng u made d mistake,

UR D MAGA!!!#

and next tiem be focused, combine ur marketing skills wif ur dhtml, lol

(1) (Reply)

Etv Codes / Free Downloaded Movie Sites / Nollywood Turns Into P****graphy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.