Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Are Philosophers Atheist? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are Philosophers Atheist? (515 Views)

Becoming Atheist And Teaching C. R. S / Best Philosophers In Nigeria / TOP 15 Quotations Of Great Philosophers By Unlimitedmission's Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Philosophers Atheist? by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 31, 2016
Philosophy is said to mean "love of wisdom" but to me it seems this their love of wisdom as made most of them atheist. so i wanna know if it is true that they are all atheist because someone i know is contemplating weither to study the course or not. i know of fynestboi as a philosophy student, maybe you can help.
Re: Are Philosophers Atheist? by Fynestboi: 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2016
Teensway:
Philosophy is said to mean "love of wisdom" but to me it seems this their love of wisdom as made most of them atheist. so i wanna know if it is true that they are all atheist because someone i know is contemplating weither to study the course or not. i know of fynestboi as a philosophy student, maybe you can help.

Atheism Is a position in Philosophy, and we have other positions like Deism, Pantheism, Pantheism, Agnotism, among others.

Of all this positions only one clearly describe what a Philosophy scholar position should be like which is Agnotism.

The believe that whether or not God exist depends on how well you can convince me to believe such, as personally I do not know if God exist or not. However owning to everyone's background, it is possible to have an atheist philosopher, it doesn't presupposes that it was philosophy that made such an atheist..

What's the bone of contention, there is no necessary connection between studying philosophy and been an atheist. Philosophy as an academic study will only help you expand your crticiallity, analytic and argument skills.

Philosophy will help you see things differently from the way you used to conceived them, not that it will make you drop your believe, but it will help you strengthen your belief.
Re: Are Philosophers Atheist? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2016
Fynestboi:

Atheism Is a position in Philosophy, and we have other positions like Deism, Pantheism, Pantheism, Agnotism, among others.

Of all this positions only one clearly describe what a Philosophy scholar position should be like which is Agnotism.

The believe that whether or not God exist depends on how well you can convince me to believe such, as personally I do not know if God exist or not. However owning to everyone's background, it is possible to have an atheist philosopher, it doesn't presupposes that it was philosophy that made such an atheist..

What's the bone of contention, there is no necessary connection between studying philosophy and been an atheist. Philosophy as an academic study will only help you expand your crticiallity, analytic and argument skills.

Philosophy will help you see things differently from the way you used to conceived them, not that it will make you drop your believe, but it will help you strengthen your belief.

You these OAU boys shaa grin .You wan finish one page ontop one question.

By the way baba, what's the news on campus concerning NYSC?
Re: Are Philosophers Atheist? by Nobody: 4:41am On Sep 04, 2016
Fynestboi:

Ok.

(1) (Reply)

Help: This Is Distirbing My Causin / After Police Arrest, My Life No Longer Safe — Student Rusticated By UNILAG Over / Ogun Workers Begin Strike Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.